Quick question for R+L=J believers.

27 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

In which case the Last Hero would potentially have been a Dayne, because they're very likely the oldest house in Westeros. Only one other somewhere in the Vale claims to go back as far as the Daynes' 10,000 years...one of the Shetts I think.

It could be. 

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I have always thought that Dawn, The runic bronze armor of the Royces and Winterfell were the possessions of the last hero that were divided amongst his heirs for safe keeping. 

Same here, but when GRRM release TWOW The Forsaken sample chapter ...

with Euron and introducing the Valyrian steel armor that he brought back from old Valyria.  I took a step back on that thought/theory.

18 minutes ago, IceFire125 said:

Hide contents

with Euron and introducing the Valyrian steel armor that he brought back from old Valyria.  I took a step back on that thought/theory.

Why? the armor euron wears is not bronze nor is it runic 

1 hour ago, IceFire125 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Keep in mind, a certain empire and their steel and their glyphs did not yet exist during the Long Night.

18 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

A joke by Elio. Actually GRRM was just not confident with the Dayne words he had invented, so he told Elio and Linda to hold them back.

Did not know that. Thank you for the info, TWW. Does seem like they are important though, if he kept them back because he didn't have them just right yet. Any word on the words of House Frey?

3 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Guest right, what's it good for. (Absolutely nothing)

:rofl:

33 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Wives for sale. New or used.

Excellent! :laugh:

21 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Mothertrucker! 

You owe me a beer. Preferably stout! 

Cookies for me! 

On 3/29/2018 at 7:20 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

Why? the armor euron wears is not bronze nor is it runic 

Which was a leap in the first place on my part, because I was trying to fit that with the second Long Night. 

It is not the bronze or runic character of the armor, but the how befitting Jon's dream.  It would be a twist of course if GRRM did mean that bronze/runic armor was the "ice" armor in Jon's dream, because the Lord Commander Other may indeed wore an "ice" armor.  The legend fits the timeline, it was before the Andals came over with iron steel.

Azor Ahai / Last Hero may have worn the old bronze armor, but if OR with Valyrian steel = Dragonsteel in play, I took a step back in holding that theory as likely.  Until GRRM give us more info, of course.

1 hour ago, IceFire125 said:

t is not the bronze or runic character of the armor, but the how befitting Jon's dream.  It would be a twist of course if GRRM did mean that bronze/runic armor was the "ice" armor in Jon's dream, because the Lord Commander Other may indeed wore an "ice" armor.  The legend fits the timeline, it was before the Andals came over with iron steel.

Perhaps the armour is the same armour that the Others wear?

Whatever that is.

5 hours ago, IceFire125 said:

Which was a leap in the first place on my part, because I was trying to fit that with the second Long Night. 

It is not the bronze or runic character of the armor, but the how befitting Jon's dream.  It would be a twist of course if GRRM did mean that bronze/runic armor was the "ice" armor in Jon's dream, because the Lord Commander Other may indeed wore an "ice" armor.  The legend fits the timeline, it was before the Andals came over with iron steel.

Azor Ahai / Last Hero may have worn the old bronze armor, but if OR with Valyrian steel = Dragonsteel in play, I took a step back in holding that theory as likely.  Until GRRM give us more info, of course.

Ah, I see 

Archived