The rights of wives stolen to beyond the wall.

Varysblackfyre321

On March 14, 2018 at 6:17 PM, snow is the man said:

the same can be said if a man killed someone. Their relatives would want vengence and if the "killer" wasn't part of a powerful tribe or family he would have no protection.

As flawed as the 7 kingdoms is I can't help but think the weak finding justice there has been shown easier there than the lands beyond the wall.

Hell Tarley love him or hate him we see through Briene's eyes him dispensing out justice to those employed under tenure at the Riverlands. He cut thieves, and rapists settled wrongs ect. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:24 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

As flawed as the 7 kingdoms is I can't help but think the weak finding justice there has been shown easier there than the lands beyond the wall.

Hell Tarley love him or hate him we see through Briene's eyes him dispensing out justice to those employed under tenure at the Riverlands. He cut thieves, and rapists settled wrongs ect. 

ah but tarly is actually honorable. And in my opinion part of that was to keep his men from running wild. Bolton let his troops do whatever they want and discpline fell apart. That said the men doing it weren't men of any means. If a noble had done it or a wealthy merchant then nothing would have been done. Basically in the game of thrones world you don't want to be poor and/or a women.

On March 20, 2018 at 8:46 PM, snow is the man said:

ah but tarly is actually honorable. And in my opinion part of that was to keep his men from running wild. Bolton let his troops do whatever they want and discpline fell apart. That said the men doing it weren't men of any means. If a noble had done it or a wealthy merchant then nothing would have been done. Basically in the game of thrones world you don't want to be poor and/or a women.

He threatened to murder his own son for being an embarresment. I don't think we've seen enough of the man to gage his honor.  Roose Bolton(though a monster), did not allow his soldiers to run amuck in his lands. Doubtful, anyone in his position could have really done much to rail in the soldiers he had while stationed in the Riverlands. Lords need to provide some avenue of justice for their subjects; they can't have them killing and raping each other when they need to labor to fill their lord's coffers. Is it fair? All the time? Of course not. But if you're not a big brute like Tormund, a skilled warrior like Mance, basicly you are not of strength the chances of you getting justice for when a social peer wrongs you is far greater in my opinion in the 7kingdoms. I mean, imagine if a woman among Tormund's people came up to him complaining about some guy who forcibly takes her every night, he'd laugh and ask what's the problem. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:59 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

He threatened to murder his own son for being an embarresment. I don't think we've seen enough of the man to gage his honor.  Roose Bolton(though a monster), did not allow his soldiers to run amuck in his lands. Doubtful, anyone in his position could have really done much to rail in the soldiers he had while stationed in the Riverlands. Lords need to provide some avenue of justice for their subjects; they can't have them killing and raping each other when they need to labor to fill their lord's coffers. Is it fair? All the time? Of course not. But if you're not a big brute like Tormund, a skilled warrior like Mance, basicly you are not of strength the chances of you getting justice for when a social peer wrongs you is far greater in my opinion in the 7kingdoms. I mean, imagine if a woman among Tormund's people came up to him complaining about some guy who forcibly takes her every night, he'd laugh and ask what's the problem. 

lets just agree being a women in the game of thrones universe sucks

Archived