US Politics: Stormy Weather Ahead

Fragile Bird

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah Saccone is almost exactly at his 538 benchmarks in Westmoreland and Washington.  If Lamb keeps his margin in Allegheny he should win, but Wasserman says most of the outstanding precincts are in Moon Township.

They still have the absentee ballots to count.

Leave it to Moon to mess things up, but they are Allegheny. 

How insane is this? NYT estimates based on results are +794 votes to Saccone (excluding Westmoreland) while Lamb has a +918 vote lead.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Don't forget Allegheneey!

There's more people in the 2 percent!

ALLEGHENEY!!!!!!!!

only one percent now.  And from what dmc said, it's a relatively republican area.  I have no idea what the lean is of the remaining 7% of washington county.

Although by my back of the envelope math, if 98% of the vote is in, with ~215k votes, the remaining 2% of precincts should represent ~4300 votes.  So Saccone would need to win that by ~8-9% to win.  He's been winning by ~6% in Washington County thus far.  But without knowing the lean of those precincts, it's impossible to say whether it is likely or not that he gets there.  

10 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I'm telling ya man, that mini-blizzard this afternoon as people got out of work did NOT help.

Ha! We threw a St. Patrick's Day parade during a blizzard. A few snowflakes won't stop us!

We won't know till tomorrow and I'm sure there will be a recount. 

Archived