US Politics: Stormy Weather Ahead

Fragile Bird

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Ha! We threw a St. Patrick's Day parade during a blizzard. A few snowflakes won't stop us!

Well, you don't have to deal with the [redacted] drivers that become even more stupid during inclement weather in rush hour traveling from downtown Pitt to a suburb.

There chance of a recount is 100%.  Whoever loses will want to stay in the news to help their election chances in either PA-17 (Lamb) or PA-14 (Saccone) in November. 

This is a strange race.

Ha! Anyone else seeing ads for a novel called Stormy Weather on the left hand side of your page?

From Paulette Jiles, the acclaimed New York Times bestselling author of Enemy Women, comes a poignant and unforgettable story of hardship, sacrifice, and strength in a tragic time—and of a desperate dream born of an undying faith in the arrival of a better day

Oh, the power, the power!

I am unable to look away, so I looked up the precincts remaining in Washington County.  They're very pro Trump, in 2016, they were all about Trump +30.  In comparable precincts in Washington County, I'm seeing everything from Saccone +5 to Saccone +25.  So, it's definitely possible that prior to counting the absentees, Saccone will take a narrow lead.  

9 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Well, you don't have to deal with the [redacted] drivers that become even more stupid during inclement weather in rush hour traveling from downtown Pitt to a suburb.

Yes I do. LOL I live in the suburbs too. :))

Washington County just said they're not counting their absentee ballots till tomorrow. 

No matter the result I’ll be happy that the constant phone calls and texts about the election will stop. I’ve been able to vote since 2004 and there isn’t a single election in that span that even compares to the amount of times I’ve been contacted about who I’m voting for, or reminding me where and when to vote. 

Just now, Reny of Storms End said:

No matter the result I’ll be happy that the constant phone calls and texts about the election will stop. I’ve been able to vote since 2004 and there isn’t a single election in that span that even compares to the amount of times I’ve been contacted about who I’m voting for, or reminding me where and when to vote. 

Yeah well when you have 8 figures spent on a single congressional race, that's how it goes.  Potentially Saccone could have paid every single one of his voters ~ $80.  

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

That is a brilliant book. And somewhat fitting, since the Roman Republic was the model for the US Republic in many ways (such as the name "Senate" and the idea of a republic, not a democracy).

That said... as bad as Drumpf is, and the Republicans are, I can't imagine his singling out an ethnic minority within his own citizens and then having them massacred next door to the Senate house while calmly reading a list of his achievements. And then dismissing it when a senator asked what the noise is as, "Some criminals are being punished."

For those who are yet to read the book, or any on the fall of the Roman Republic, that did actually happen; Lucius Cornelius Sulla singled out the Samnites as the cause of Rome's civil wars and ordered them all massacred. Including the ones who had been serving in his own legions, and the ones who'd just surrendered to him. Probs the worst person Rome ever produced.

uhhhhhh.... 

3 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

No matter the result I’ll be happy that the constant phone calls and texts about the election will stop.

Sorry, I might've called you.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Looks like it'll come down to the absentees and a recount.

Sage analysis.

8 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

uhhhhhh.... 

I've quoted the post I'm replying to in my original post. It's a commentary on a book.

Archived