US Politics: The Ides of Mueller

Paladin of Ice

8 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

A black man can't be charged for getting beaten buy a gang of white thugs?

It's like I don't even recognize the world I'm living in sometimes.

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that John Kelley is telling people he fired Rex while he was on the toilet.

30 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Meanwhile, I read somewhere that John Kelley is telling people he fired Rex while he was on the toilet.

Yes, Kelly was telling reporters Tillerson had a stomach bug when in Africa, and when he called he was in the bathroom. Why would you tell that story?

14 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yes, Kelly was telling reporters Tillerson had a stomach bug when in Africa, and when he called he was in the bathroom. Why would you you tell that story?

That's really messed up. I know the guy was a dipshit oil shill, but you dickbags picked him right?

Working in that WH must be actual hell.

40 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

yes, he was literally shitcanned

47 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yes, Kelly was telling reporters Tillerson had a stomach bug when in Africa, and when he called he was in the bathroom. Why would you tell that story?

Because you think it's funny. Or your boss does.

3 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Sessions just fired McCabe. What a spineless piece of shit toady for a petty, vindictive man. Holy shit, what a joke.

edit: Story

Deliberately vindictive and extraordinarily petty to be fired two days before his retirement. The timing of this has been premeditated for months.

he is going to get one hell of a settlement from the government once he (I presume) files suit against them, for wrongful dismissal.

7 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Deliberately vindictive and extraordinarily petty to be fired two days before his retirement. The timing of this has been premeditated for months.

he is going to get one hell of a settlement from the government once he (I presume) files suit against them, for wrongful dismissal.

I'm not joking when I say that the "Let's find out, but give the guy a fucking break." argument was winning on TV.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

This is why Trump likes him (that and the bigotry). If you can't toady, be cruel.

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

This is why Trump likes him (that and the bigotry). If you can't toady, be cruel.

Part of the deal with running a scumbag operation is that you attract scumbags.

Look at the top of the Nazi party, Goering is an old flight instructor in a Democratic Germany.

1 hour ago, lokisnow said:

While the firing is unquestionably petty, cruel, and disgusting, McCabe would lose that case.  Two days ago, it was reported the OPR recommended firing McCabe:

The FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility has recommended the firing of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who remains on the payroll — a move that could put his pension at risk, according to officials familiar with the process.

It is now up to Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether to reverse that recommendation or to accept it.

The OPR recommendation that McCabe be thrown off the payroll follows an internal report from the DOJ inspector general that concluded he was not fully forthcoming in answers about whether he talked to a reporter concerning the FBI's investigation into the Clinton Foundation. The IG report has not been made public, but may be released soon.

4 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

While the firing is unquestionably petty, cruel, and disgusting, McCabe would lose that case.  Two days ago, it was reported the OPR recommended firing McCabe:

But as lawyers point out, having the President calling for your head over a political matter is a factor from a workplace discrimination basis.

21 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

But as lawyers point out, having the President calling for your head over a political matter is a factor from a workplace discrimination basis.

Fair enough - McCabe would have a case.  But so too would the DOJ, especially considering the IG was an Obama appointee and the head of the OPR, which is politically insulated, was assigned by Holder under the Obama administration.

21 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Fair enough - McCabe would have a case.  But so too would the DOJ, especially considering the IG was an Obama appointee and the head of the OPR, which is politically insulated, was assigned by Holder under the Obama administration.

But the IG only makes a recommendation on whether a fireable offense occurred. Determination was made by Sessions, who has been wracked with the anger of Trump.

How could Sessions possibly make an unbiased decision? That's not even an indictment of the man. There's just no way you can make that choice in these circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

But the IG only makes a recommendation on whether a fireable offense occurred.

Right, and that recommendation presumably means the OPR and the IG report have detailed just cause for firing McCabe.  This is not new news; Wray made it clear when McCabe's retirement was announced that it was due to the findings of the IG report.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

How could Sessions possibly make an unbiased decision? That's not even an indictment of the man. There's just no way you can make that choice in these circumstances.

Ok, you could argue Sessions can't possibly make an unbiased decision.  But this arguments implies Sessions is incapable of making any firings, no matter how justified.  I don't think it'd hold up in court.

Archived