GRRM's cryptic location blog post

Daendrew

2 hours ago, Bini said:

If it's the Three Musketeers thing, I'd put my money on Andrew Davies, a Welsh screenwriter who penned the 2011 film adaptation (a pretty bad one, at that), and has history with other period films and shows: Pride and Prejudice, Vanity Fair, Sense and Sensibility, BBC's 2016 War and Peace and others.

If it's someone from the 2011 The Three Musketeers movie my money's on Ray Stevenson.  His career's littered with period pieces including playing Titus in Rome.  GRRM still lists Rome as one of the shows he watching on his website: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/about-george/what-im-watching/ I think GRRM would be excited to have Ray in one of the spinoff projects.

7 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

If it's someone from the 2011 The Three Musketeers movie my money's on Ray Stevenson.  His career's littered with period pieces including playing Titus in Rome.  GRRM still lists Rome as one of the shows he watching on his website: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/about-george/what-im-watching/ I think GRRM would be excited to have Ray in one of the spinoff projects.

As would I. Depending on who is running and writing said show, that is! :D

As the Laughing Storm? Ray Stevenson does have a Baratheon look about him... 

4 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

He would, indeed. He loves Pullo and has even praised Stevenson specifically, IIRC. But I suppose it would be too early to have an actor attached to any of these successor shows.

Actually, I didn't think initially of the 2011 Three Musketeers. I searched "behind-the-scenes" people with connections to adaptations of the book, and landed on Davies, who seemed to be more suitable than David Loughery (who wrote the 1993 screenplay) because of his other works.

20 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This may be it. And to speculate a little further, maybe these are the clues to what each of the spinoff's could possibly be? :dunno: I could be very wrong about this.

1. One for all and all for one.
  2. The dragon has three heads.
  3. Plunk your magic twangers.
  4. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

I thought that, too. I agree. 

Pics and tag indicate he's talking about hbo spin-off. So Now are 4. And one line per spinoff: 4 clues.

1. The Last hero? Kingsguard?

2. Targs. Maybe Conquest or dance of the dragons?

3. Accordind to @DNDM a word is missing there: Froggy. Crannogmen? I would love to. I don't think it's something about Maggy the Frog XD

4. No idea. I don't think it's about Cleganes, so no the hounds of baskerville quote. Is he mean he doesn't want to tell as anything? or is it a real clue? brainstorming session: Faceless men? 

It was better when he was going to shut everyone up by not posting anything ever again.  This is not exciting to me.  I like this show, but I doubt I will spend any time at all on a spin off.   Who cares?   Really?  I'm really glad GRRM is happy about stuff going his way.  Maybe he's just too busy to write  ASOIAF these days?  

Still, it might be fun to ID that Dairy Queen! 

56 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

It was better when he was going to shut everyone up by not posting anything ever again.  This is not exciting to me.  I like this show, but I doubt I will spend any time at all on a spin off.   Who cares?   Really?  I'm really glad GRRM is happy about stuff going his way.  Maybe he's just too busy to write  ASOIAF these days?  

Still, it might be fun to ID that Dairy Queen! 

Me too. Nice to see GRRM is excited about his work, but it will all be lacking the best part of GRRM's work which is his character writing and it's only full-strength in ASOIAF. 

Trying to figure out ASOIAF as it's unfinished is consuming 100% of my ASOIAF-allocated circuits. No more bandwidth for other GRRM stuff at the moment without blowing some fuses. 

Archived