Why is Westeros So Important To You And What Keeps You Coming Back?

GAROVORKIN

I've been reading this series since it first came out in 1996--I was on maternity leave and saw the first book in the bookstore. "Oo! Ice and Fire! Ragnarok!" Bought it on the spot and read it in a day because when you're home with a new baby you don't sleep anyway.

So, after almost 22 years I'd love to see how it ends. I'll probably be a grandmother by then! 

On 3/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, PyroclasticFlow said:

Lurked for awhile and then finally signed up. Really enjoyed the LmL history threads and sologdin rants, poked around the Games forum a bit, and now I keep coming back because the Pony Queen has tarnished my soul.

She does seem to have that affect on people. Stop corrupting your weak plebs, @Pony Queen Jace.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, unpaid comintern said:

we’re not subtle about it dude

:lmao:

If you still win the day, it would have been yous.

As for myself, I could write a long sappy post about why I keep coming back, but the core truth is that this is one of only a few places on the internet that's sane. Talking politics and sports elsewhere is horrifying, but here there are a lot of thoughtful individuals who can make intelligent and respectful arguments. You don't find that very often.

Also the fantasy sports leagues, and my unending need to break Jace and @Jaime L.

One day. One day.....

Because without this board i wouldn't know how often women wash their bra's (not enough in my unsoiled opinion).

Just realised i've here over 3,000 days and have yet to hit 4,500 posts.  I need to up my game, less than 1.5 a day is pathetic.

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Because without this board i wouldn't know how often women wash their bra's (not enough in my unsoiled opinion).

Hey, don't forget the advice about what to do when a cellphone has been dropped on a pile of poo!

1 hour ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Seriously, all you fuckers who have yet to come to a convention: COME TO A CONVENTION. Next big convention with lots of BWB is in San Jose in August. 

If there is ever one in my part of the world, I'm in.

15 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Hey, don't forget the advice about what to do when a cellphone has been dropped on a pile of poo!

When that is your most important and memorable post in nearly 9 years, you begin to think you may have been wasting your life.

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

When that is your most important and memorable post in nearly 9 years, you begin to think you may have been wasting your life.

There were many from which to choose (93 percent of them involving beer, mushy peas or Newcastle United), but poo always wins in the end.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Just realised i've here over 3,000 days and have yet to hit 4,500 posts.  I need to up my game, less than 1.5 a day is pathetic.

You must not have participated during the NHAW.  It was like Forum Games, only not. 

How do you think I got up to MY post count, hmm? :leer: 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I recall losing many posts a few years back when the boards were going through changes.

Reasons for sticking:

Enjoy general and entertainment forums that have maintained very good activity.

To be amazed of how some topics in the books and show forums just never die.

Joined in 2012 so as I am actually interested how the boards will be if/when Winds of Winter gets release.

Archived