Watch, Watched, Watching: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Zorral

6 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Crazy story, right? I was kind of familiar with this case but the documentary really went into a lot of details I didn’t know, especially about the suspects.

Hide contents

Diel-Armstrong using her mental illness as an excuse for everything she did was driving me insane by the end of it. Fucking narcissists are the worst.

30 minutes or less was based on this? I just read a little about it.

I guess Sony claims they had no prior knowledge of the case, but I would call total bs on that. Shouldn’t have been made, imo. Especially when it’s possible

Brian Wells was completely innocent, and was killed in a horrible way. I’ve seen that his family was very against the movie.

4 hours ago, Veltigar said:

:blink: Not you to Red; Warrior was a great film until Joel Edgerton's character ruined it :P

He's fine. He's just there so the audience doesn't stroke out from Hardy and Nick Nolte. You gotta grade him on a curve when he's sharing a movie with two greats just blowing the doors off of the acting game.

4 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

He's fine. He's just there so the audience doesn't stroke out from Hardy and Nick Nolte. You gotta grade him on a curve when he's sharing a movie with two greats just blowing the doors off of the acting game.

I think he was there so there was someone opposite Hardy who the audience could understand. 

11 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think he was there so there was someone opposite Hardy who the audience could understand. 

Say Tom's name again, I dare you! I double dare you motherfucker!

On 5/27/2018 at 2:55 PM, dbunting said:

Ok, a fair and honest answer. I personally really liked Rogue One. To me if they styled the main series more like Rogue One I would be happy as hell because it really felt more like ANH and ESB. Less CGI, and less cute little creatures to sell toys.  I also liked Solo, less than RO but not much.  

At least Rogue one gave us new characters to follow. I'll also admit to being curious about how the death star plans were stolen. I know Solo has new characters too but it's still largely cashing in on Han, Chewie and Lando.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

At least Rogue one gave us new characters to follow. I'll also admit to being curious about how the death star plans were stolen. I know Solo has new characters too but it's still largely cashing in on Han, Chewie and Lando.

Well based on the newest estimates it's not cashing in much. Now their saying around 83 million for the weekend, that is low.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Well based on the newest estimates it's not cashing in much. Now their saying around 83 million for the weekend, that is low.

It is. I guess the timing doesn't help matters. I was on holiday and Deadpool 2 was always a priority. I suspect that's the case with many people old enough to watch both films - they'll see Deadpool as it was out first and then they may not have the cash/time for another film immediately after.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, polishgenius said:

I binged the whole thing during the week and am now waiting impatiently for the finale. Really enjoyed it so far.

I watched the finale of Killing Eve. What an entertaining series! I was worried about the ending the final 10 or so minutes but the writers pulled it off.

21 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Oh my bad guys, the Scarface thing isn't a prequel, it's a remake set in modern-day LA.

I'm not sure that's actually better news than a prequel.

Why can't they make new stuff instead of watering down and boring up previous stuff already done to death?

Re-watching Arrested Development ahead of the (probably bad) fifth season.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching this show.

"I'm an ideas man, Michael.  I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain."

• 2 weeks later...

Arrested Development - S5

Finally caught the first 8 episodes of S5, and they were...okay. The season was definitely hindered by the casts lack of availability, and the weird shots of actors shot from the back with stand-ins are used so often that they're maybe (Maebe?) meant as an actual gag, but I found them off putting. 

Speaking of Maebe, she's the best part about S5 thus far and got the biggest and most consistent laughs from me. Buster's plotline is a close second. George Michael also has a decent storyline. Tobias & GOB really just had one joke throughout the whole season that kept being repeated in slightly different ways, which sometimes worked but more often didn't. Lucille & George are pretty forgettable. Lindsey is practically non-existent and Michael is still the thread that kind of ties the whole thing together. 

I hope the back 8 episodes of S5 can salvage storylines and hopefully send this series out on a high note. It feels like it's reached its expiration date.

Watched Kimmy Schmidt season 4 (part 1) and thought it was very good. I appreciated that the writers decided to focus on abuse in light of all the Hollywood scandals. Imo they handled it tastefully without feeling crass/exploitative

Ocean's 8 was a disappointingly slow, unfunny, and dumb film. I am so pissed that this film wasn't better. I love a good heist film and the trailer seemed like this would capture the tone of the first film, but it played more like Ocean's 14. Even the amazing cast couldn't save this thing. Bullock & Blanchett give two of their least interesting performances. 

Archived