The Game

a free shadow

4 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Two rounds is my vote too. One round with the salty old sea dawg just wouldn't be enough.

Sniffer, mine's the Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout.

I had to google this to see if it existed. It does.

and I see there is also one called Smuttynose Old Brown Dog which must be rocksniffer's.

21 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I had to google this to see if it existed. It does.

and I see there is also one called Smuttynose Old Brown Dog which must be rocksniffer's.

Not only does it exist, I've tried it.

And it's good! Very good!

You have definitely found the ideal beer for Sniffer. I'm ordering it as we speak.

SQUARE 1

The clues are ten. Before you start, tell the other one where to bury your bones, if they survive it... Somebody must survive it, really! :ninja: 

1.       Healthy ambition serves famous brother's ocular deficiency. 

2.       Her abilities sparked following beloved's obstinate demise.

3.       Heroics amid storm forgotten. Building occupancy denied.

4.       Hails augury. Speculates 'foundlings born of death?' 

5.       Hasty and sadly founded betrothal occasioned deaths.

6.       Handmaid’s adamant: swinging flail beats oversized doofus!

7.       Hating austral security, babe offered dagger.

8.       Robustly denies instructing nunciative, winged cousin.

9.       Helm alar sits flightless, bonds of dwelling.

10.     Horny admirer selects flowers. Outcome? Death.

Each solved clue gives 2 points. All ten clues fit one big theme, which gives 4 points. They are divided into three groups, because each group can be said to fit a different wrinkle in the big theme :ninja: Solving small themes gives 1 point each. It might not seem much, but it can be helpful (or not) otherwise, in making sure you have the big theme!

When I thought there will be less players, I had a smaller character list and thought the theme will be easy! But then I changed things, and it is tougher :ninja: 

One team can have one preliminary guess for each clue and each theme.

The time runs out in one tired moon, April 11th :ninja: 

Characters for round two will get to you later, they do not like you too much, to be on time!

5 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Brunei's cricketers :ninja: 

I thought I'd claim to be a member but the Brunei cricket team appears to be as shadowy as yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_national_cricket_team

is this some famous meme I am the last to hear about? Probably......

Brunei Cricket - Home | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Brunei-Cricket-149147858465430/

Just a friendly reminder,. A lot of people inbox us saying they want to play for Brune even though you are not from here or you want to be a coach here and so on. No need to inbox if those are your inquiries as there is no team here and no coach posts and no money.. Once there is, we will inform here. Thank you

I am not sure how explain what I mean, but the subject of clue one is the brother, not brother's brother :frown5: The one that comes to mind as your starting point, not as the second step :ninja:

Answer to clue five is a male.

Some characters could fit into more than one "small theme" (they could have been assigned to a different group), in these cases I tried to choose a more obvious group to give them, but I am not sure that everybody would necessarily agree :pirate: 

4 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Some characters could fit into more than one "small theme" (they could have been assigned to a different group), in these cases I tried to choose a more obvious group to give them, but I am not sure that everybody would necessarily agree :pirate: 

I appreciate the thought at least.

11 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Two questions (will there be two answers?).

Is #7 the one offering the dagger or being offered the dagger?

Is #8 the receiver of the nunciative or the sender?

#7 "babe" is the subject

#8 the denier is the subject

I am very weary, and I do not know if I am using my best judgement, but there are some comments that might be useful (or not) :ninja:

Regarding the theme, I have to remind that all ten clues fit it. The principle is not the same as in the previous game.

After having given it more human thought, I might have to acknowledge that nearly all characters in the books fit it in some remote/diluted/presumptory way, but before you try to eat one of me, please consider that I still like it and think it is there to find :ninja: The last few minutes I have been thinking who does not fit it in any remote sense, and while my memory is patchy, I would say that some examples might be Hot Pie and Tywin Lannister. It would not be smart to include them in your theme considerations, it is simply a not useful fact. 

Archived