The Game

a free shadow

8 hours ago, a free shadow said:

NOTHING IS HIDDEN IN SHADOW'S WORDS, NOT ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME :ninja: 

Well why isn't there? because that's the only way I'll get the theme.

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'm not there.

10 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

i was there but i split to find a liquor store...

I can safely say, it's so much better when you get there together. ;)

Also... welcome back, Sniffer! All has been far too lame tame without you. :)

34 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

I can safely say, it's so much better when you get there together. ;)

I know, right! He got to the liquor store without me. I have rights, like, to get my own liquor too, thank you very much.

Time needed to transplant one and a half liver, restock twelve sheds of firewood and bake one loaf of wrong bread was spent on not finding the theme. I liked the theme, but it was not good for anybody :ninja: 

People who had done/seen/heard something not done/seen/heard by anybody in hundreds or thousands of years :ninja: 

In some cases, it was easy -- when Sam and Chett heard three horn blasts, the books said "first time in thousands of years". In others, it would have to be found...

Nobody got the theme, but one pair nearly found the principle done/seen/heard and gets one point :ninja: 

You can tell me what you think about it, all of it! :ninja: 

1.       Healthy ambition serves famous brother's ocular deficiency. /Euron (won the first kingsmoot in thousands of years)

2.       Her abilities sparked following beloved's obstinate demise./Daenerys (hatched first dragons in hundreds of years)

3.       Heroics amid storm forgotten. Building occupancy denied./ Stannis (was the first king to stay at the King's tower in a hundred years)

4.       Hails augury. Speculates 'foundlings born of death?'/ Jory (first to see direwolves, not seen South of the Wall for hundreds of years)

5.       Hasty and sadly founded betrothal occasioned deaths./ Robb (first to see direwolves, not seen South of the Wall for hundreds of years)

6.       Handmaid’s adamant: swinging flail beats oversized doofus!/ Irri (saw the dragons being born)

7.       Hating austral security, babe offered dagger./ Val (saw Stannis staying in the King's tower -- this one was the toughest, and might have been different)

8.       Robustly denies instructing nunciative, winged cousin./ Sam (uuuuhooooooooo, uuuuuhooooooo, uuuuuuuhhhhoooo)

9.       Helm alar sits flightless, bonds of dwelling./ Jason Mallister (the bell of Seagard rang for the first time in three hundred years when ironborn attacked and Jason Mallister threw them back)

10.     Horny admirer selects flowers. Outcome? Death./ Chett (uuuuhooooooooo, uuuuuhooooooo, uuuuuuuhhhhoooo)

PLEASE YOU'D BETTER VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CLUE BY SUNDAY EVENING by the NILE.

If you do not vote, you will lose a secret amount of points.

Otherwise, the results are:

1. Julia H. and redriver  16+1=17

2. Castellan and Jez Bell 16

5. rocksniffer and Dolorous Gabe 14

3. Raisin Bran and Ser Not Appearing 12

4. She Who Must Be Obeyed and Fragile Bird 12

There will be the second (and last) round, so anybody can win!

@Raisin' Bran and @Ser Not Appearing had the best preliminaries for a looong time :ninja: 

oh dear because I focused on Jason I thought about the seagard bell ringing and the phrase 300 years rang a bell and I went looking for something like that with a specific other character but couldn't find it. Just one of those fleeting thoughts.

Now I remember it was Sam and the horn blowing because that is a bit like  bell ringing but it wasn't three hundred and I gave up, and anyway I would never have got it I would have looked for bells and alarms only

Wow. That theme was certainly gettable.

We talked about Robb as the answer to 5, saw it was hasty, but can someone tell me why it was sadly founded? They fell in love, it wasn't sad. 

There were so many answers possible other than Val, IMO.

21 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

We talked about Robb as the answer to 5, saw it was hasty, but can someone tell me why it was sadly founded? They fell in love, it wasn't sad.

My understanding is that it's referring to the Robb-Frey betrothal rather than the Robb-Jeyne marriage.

We did initially think the answer was Edmure though.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

There were so many answers possible other than Val, IMO.

The marriage was arranged after they got close, on the night Robb heard Bran and Rickon were dead.

In case of Val, it is supposed to refer to this:

Confined to her chambers [at the Wall], Val nearly kills a man-at-arms with his own dagger while trying to escape

Archived