NCAA Basketball 2017: Final Four cont.

DireWolfSpirit

15 hours ago, sperry said:

Everybody of consequence has entered the NBA draft. There are going to be some insanely good players available late in the 1st round and in the 2nd.

Usually we’re good for one or two surprise returns, but you’re right everyone you expect to go has gone.  Odd with such a widely considered weak draft next year. :dunno: 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone forgot to tell the Boston Herald you aren’t supposed to say bad things about Coach K in public.

When the following season started with Semi in a similar role, Ernest tried reaching Krzyzewski again, to no avail. So the family asked for a second meeting, this time with Victor accompanying his mother to Durham.

According to Joy, a very different Coach K met them in his office. She said the coach ignited when asked about Semi’s prospects and jumped out of his chair. A terrified Joy knelt in front of the enraged coach.

“He shouted at me. He said, ‘Am I lying, Am I lying?’ Just like that,” she said. “My oldest son said, ‘Coach, she didn’t say you were lying, she was only asking a question.’

“I had tears streaming down my cheeks, and I said, ‘Coach, you’re way up there and I’m down here. That’s why I kneeled down and said forgive me. I didn’t say you were lying. I would never say that.’ Victor, for the first time, he felt so humiliated, so bad and ashamed I was treated like that. It’s OK. I just didn’t want him to feel like I was being rude to him. I just wanted to ask the question. Is there anything my son needs to do and achieve the privilege to play? Because if you never play, nobody sees your talent. And he tells me he does everything you tell him to do, so if you’re working hard behind the scenes, please, even if it’s five minutes, let him play.

“So when I sat down, he said, ‘You’re OK, you’re OK, that’s OK, that’s OK, you haven’t done anything wrong.’ And he went back and sat in his chair. I said ‘I’m sorry,’ and he said, ‘You don’t have anything to be sorry about. You’re fine.’ ”

Wonder why I haven’t seen anyone talk about this on ESPN? :rolleyes: 

Totally pumped... just had to come in here and share that I got my son registered for his first ever UK Satellite camp!

Its for ages 7-17 so its his first year eligible.  They are coming to our town on June 4.  Its three hours with Coach Cal and the UK staff with whatever players are available.  He is going to be so excited when I tell him tonight!!!!

There is also a Father-Son camp experience, but being a terrible basketball player myself I am somewhat reluctant to sign up for that one!!!  There's a free throw shooting contest, and I'm legit afraid I'd get out there and airball a free throw out of sheer anxiousness!!!!

On 5/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, Rhom said:

There is also a Father-Son camp experience, but being a terrible basketball player myself I am somewhat reluctant to sign up for that one!!!  There's a free throw shooting contest, and I'm legit afraid I'd get out there and airball a free throw out of sheer anxiousness!!!!

Shoot them granny-style. That will really impress your son.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, Rhom said:

Totally pumped... just had to come in here and share that I got my son registered for his first ever UK Satellite camp!

Its for ages 7-17 so its his first year eligible.  They are coming to our town on June 4.  Its three hours with Coach Cal and the UK staff with whatever players are available.  He is going to be so excited when I tell him tonight!!!!

You'd better take his birth certificate with you, because I just emailed them saying no way is your kid 7!  Seems like he was born no more than a few years ago.

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You'd better take his birth certificate with you, because I just emailed them saying no way is your kid 7!  Seems like he was born no more than a few years ago.

Trust me... I know!!!

It was interesting, there was a pretty detailed section asking who was paying for the camp and the relationship to the camper for compliance reasons.

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

This is awesome!  

Any chance Tony Delk makes an appearance.  Might Walter McCarty sing?  

I'm surprised to hear you're not a player / I just assumed it with the chiro background.  

I’m not as bad as I make out to be, but I definitely have some self consciousness when it comes to playing with others!  

In school, I was a swimmer.

Wendall Carter's mother might just a fucking moron.

April 12th:

“After the season happened, and I started thinking about it. I was like, ‘Wait a minute. If you came back, it would only make you a better person,’ ” she said. “It would improve your quality of life. It would improve your relationships. It would be about you. It wouldn’t be about basketball. So this is really something to think about.

“Of course, as a mom, I started thinking about it, so I told him: I want you to come back.

May 7th:

"When you remove all the bling and the bells and the sneakers and all that," she said, "you've paid for a child to come to your school to do what you wanted them to do for you, for free, and you made a lot of money when he did that, and you've got all these rules in place that say he cannot share in any of that. The only other time when labor does not get paid but yet someone else gets profits and the labor is black and the profit is white, is in slavery.

"To be honest with you," she said, "it's nauseating."

My thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

UK gets the return game against Kansas at Rupp next year for the SEC/Big12 Challenge.  Bring it on REG!

How do they determine which 10 SEC teams participate? I figured we'd get left out after finishing dead last in the standings last year but it turns out we'll be hosting Iowa State? :blink:

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

How do they determine which 10 SEC teams participate? I figured we'd get left out after finishing dead last in the standings last year but it turns out we'll be hosting Iowa State? :blink:

Wasn't really sure, but from Wikipedia: 

The format is similar to the ACC–Big Ten Challenge. Each of the ten members of the Big 12 plays a game against a member of the SEC. Half of the ten games are hosted by the Big 12 team and the other half are hosted by the SEC team. Because the SEC has 14 members, four teams of the SEC (since 2015-16, the bottom four teams from the previous season's standings) are excluded from the challenge each season.

So, I have no idea given Ole Miss is in next year.

I'm guessing the Big XII tells them they need to include the bottom teams. It's not even close to fair if the the 14 team conference gets to leave their 4 worst teams home while the 10 team league has to send everyone.

I don't understand why we aren't getting a return game with WVU after going to their place last year.  We went Home-Home with Kansas in those first couple years.

Archived