NCAA Basketball 2017: Final Four cont.

DireWolfSpirit

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I don't understand why we aren't getting a return game with WVU after going to their place last year.  We went Home-Home with Kansas in those first couple years.

That is very strange.  Maybe it's related to the Champions Classic.  

• 2 weeks later...

Satellite camp came to town today!

Nolan is there at the foot of PJ Washington to the right in the picture.  He had an absolute blast.  My wife had to take him because I didn't feel I could shut down the office this afternoon, but I can't wait to hear his stories tonight.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 1:47 PM, Rhom said:

UK signs Stanford grad transfer Reid Travis

I'm generally not a fan of the grad transfer rule, but I also am not dumb enough to turn down an experienced guy who averaged almost 20/game in a power conference.  

Of course... it is the PAC 12 so I use the term "power" loosely.  ;) 

Why are you not a fan of the grad transfer rule? Seems like just about the most logical rule in the book.

2 hours ago, sperry said:

Why are you not a fan of the grad transfer rule? Seems like just about the most logical rule in the book.

I'm more okay with it in this situation with Power schools involved on both ends, but I generally don't like the optics of big schools trolling for mid major players to fill out their roster.  

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm more okay with it in this situation with Power schools involved on both ends, but I generally don't like the optics of big schools trolling for mid major players to fill out their roster.  

And why do you not like underrecruited kids who have taken care of business in the classroom and graduated getting the chance to fulfill a dream playing big time college basketball for a major program?

• 2 weeks later...

@RedEyedGhost want me to call up the kids in Africa we sent our 40-0 shirts to and see if we can get them back for you?

Kansas won't just go 40-0, but "they will mow over the competition.  Let's face it, anything less will be a huge disappointment for Kansas basketball."

Bold statement with Michigan State in the Champion's Classic and a trip to Rupp on the schedule.  :lol:

On 7/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, Rhom said:

@RedEyedGhost want me to call up the kids in Africa we sent our 40-0 shirts to and see if we can get them back for you?

Kansas won't just go 40-0, but "they will mow over the competition.  Let's face it, anything less will be a huge disappointment for Kansas basketball."

Bold statement with Michigan State in the Champion's Classic and a trip to Rupp on the schedule.  :lol:

Did you click through the bait and read the whole story?  Because I didn't, as I know when I'm clicking on a troll site.

Kansas feels like a team that will roll through the regular season and then bow out of the tournament early. A lot of big men clogging the lane and relying on freshman guards. That's a recipe for an upset in March.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Kansas feels like a team that will roll through the regular season and then bow out of the tournament early. A lot of big men clogging the lane and relying on freshman guards. That's a recipe for an upset in March.

Not if the FBI brings the hammer down on them.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-tacitly-acknowledges-subpoenaed-ongoing-federal-basketball-investigation-142515144.html

41 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Because the FBI will be doing what to us?  

Not you specifically, but any team that’s found to be engaged in corrupt behavior, and I see no reason to believe that a lot of these teams are innocent.   

1 hour ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Not you specifically, but any team that’s found to be engaged in corrupt behavior, and I see no reason to believe that a lot of these teams are innocent.   

I think the opposite - that there's very little collusion between the teams and the shoe companies on this.  I think the shoe companies looked at who their brand colleges were recruiting and targeted those kids that were already sponsored to go to those schools or kids they felt could be swayed by their shady handlers.

3 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

We need to stop pretending the NCAA has the authority to punish teams. They don't. Kansas, as have all of the teams who have been signing the truly elite shoe-company tied recruits, has dirty hands. But absolutely nothing is going to happen, as has been proved countless times. North Carolina hoops is the ultimate example of this. The NCAA doesn't have any enforcement power against teams that are revenue generators. They can come down on the Ole Miss's of the world, but not teams that actually matter. That's even moreso the case in basketball, where most of the NCAA's revenue is tied to the NCAA tourney.

2 hours ago, sperry said:

We need to stop pretending the NCAA has the authority to punish teams. They don't. Kansas, as have all of the teams who have been signing the truly elite shoe-company tied recruits, has dirty hands. But absolutely nothing is going to happen, as has been proved countless times. North Carolina hoops is the ultimate example of this. The NCAA doesn't have any enforcement power against teams that are revenue generators. They can come down on the Ole Miss's of the world, but not teams that actually matter. That's even moreso the case in basketball, where most of the NCAA's revenue is tied to the NCAA tourney.

Yeah KU basketball should really try to emulate the more respectable college programs, like OU football.  That would turn us into a shining beacon of... well, whatever.

7 hours ago, sperry said:

Also, I'm curious to see Kentucky fan's thoughts on Cal. Kevin Knox appears to be yet another Kentucky guy who was squandered by Cal mismanaging him.

Knox came to UK to play on the wing and Cal let him.  Knox’s biggest problem was always consistency.  You would have a game like West Virginia where he pretty much single handedly won the game and then you had games like KState where he just disappeared down the stretch.

I think his game translates well to the NBA and as he matures as a player he will develop and grow into the aggressive mentality he needs to be successful.

I don’t think Cal holds guys back, but I won’t lie... when you have more talent than every team in the country but one or two; I think you should be running non stop.  Cal has a tendency to let teams play early in the season and then try to reel them into more disciplined “tourney teams.”  That has obviously worked pretty well, but I can’t help but remember how dominant Fox-Monk-Briscoe-Adebayo looked early in the year against a decent ASU team only to struggle through the SEC.

13 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Yeah KU basketball should really try to emulate the more respectable college programs, like OU football.  That would turn us into a shining beacon of... well, whatever.

I don't even blame you all for cheating at this point. It's like steroids in baseball in the late 90s and early 00s. If you flat out aren't going to enforce the rules, then why sit around while your competition breaks them? It's an indictment of the toothless NCAA, not the individual programs.

Ending one and done may take care of it, as the players who are getting paid are the guys who will skip college.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived