NCAA Basketball 2017: Final Four cont.

DireWolfSpirit

6 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Dropping in on you guys to say hello!  Not around much these days, but hopefully that'll change before too long!

Carry on

Question for you to chime in on:  #all40. Does it mean 40 minutes?  Or all 40 games?

:lol: 

51 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

I'm actually pretty embarrassed that I did "We're in a tight spot" to our man.  But I genuinely feel like it's something over which I have no control, Shave and a Haircut style.

More on topic, did I mention that both Wilkes and Hands decided to return for UCLA?   With the big class coming in and those two fools back Alford is likely to save his own ass yet again.  

We did you a favor and took Reid Travis out of the equation.

You’re welcome.  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, Ded As Ned said:

BOTH

Basketball in August starts tonight!

Man... we are gonna be so good... I am getting legit excited.

Im almost even ready to admit I was wrong about Herro.  I really thought he was just the next great white hope... but kid can flat ball.

11 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

I am legit excited too.  My two bastardized children teams, UCLA and Oregon, both welcome good squads.  

It's obscene how much better Duke's recruiting class is than everyone else's, but after them these two Pac-12 teams did well.

And UCLA had a few bonuses:  Wilkes and Hands, the two sorta-flashes freshman from last year both flirted with going pro but didn't.  So Alford might save his own ass again with a loaded team when he needs one.  Point guard is a huge question though.  

What he really needs on that team is a Ball brother...

43 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

You mock my pain!  Never do it again!

ETA:  But on a serious note, one of the three fools from the China incident, Cody Riley, is allegedly a good big

Life IS pain.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling you something.

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

With a roster like this, it's hard not to be excited isn't it?  I mean they've got Miloš Koprivica on their team, Miloš freaking Koprivica!

It’s a team of older pros who play together year round and three of them are considered potential NBA prospects.  About as good an exhibition game as you can line up.  Don’t hate.  Your time is coming.  :box: 

;)

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

It’s a team of older pros who play together year round and three of them are considered potential NBA prospects.  About as good an exhibition game as you can line up.  Don’t hate.  Your time is coming.  :box: 

;)

Right...  and only a few of them are older than college age, but don't let me be the one to set your expectations to a realistic level.  Go get that shirt!

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Zion Williamson is the most confusing looking basketball player I’ve ever seen. He is going to be box office though.

Without a doubt he will be the headline every night on SportsCenter.

He's listed at 285.  For the record, DeMarcus Cousins at Kentucky was listed at 260...

37 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Without a doubt he will be the headline every night on SportsCenter.

He's listed at 285.  For the record, DeMarcus Cousins at Kentucky was listed at 260...

28 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

And he's how tall?  6'6"? 

Yeah he’s 6’6 or 6’7 and listed at 285, which would make him the second heaviest player in the NBA if he was in the league today. I have no idea how his game will translate to the pro level, but he’s going to bully the living hell out of every guy in college.

Also doesn’t Duke have the top three freshman prospects?

4 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Yeah he’s 6’6 or 6’7 and listed at 285, which would make him the second heaviest player in the NBA if he was in the league today. I have no idea how his game will translate to the pro level, but he’s going to bully the living hell out of every guy in college.

Also doesn’t Duke have the top three freshman prospects?

Yes.  Him, RJ Barrett, and Cam Reddish.  And they all play roughly the same position.  They also have a really good point guard coming in (Tre Jones), but have zero depth.  In their game against Ryerson in Canada, Duke finished the game with 86 and Zion/Barret had 63.  :stunned:  Reddish and Jones did not play.

For as great as Zion was, he also was winded pretty early.  I think if you run Duke up and down the court you have a chance to really wear them out. 

Archived