US Politics: March Madness

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I was just doing a bit. Y'know, put it all on Carter?

I always liked Jimmy, but back in the 'aughts everyone loved to shit on that poor peanut man.

He is paganism to modern conservatism‘s Jesus, Ronnie R. The myth that he represents the nadir of the American presidency feeds the delusion that RR was a hero, not a worthless pile. You see them trying to do the same with Obama and Trump

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Reagan would have but he's dead, so is Lincoln (both touched by gun violence, mind you.

It wouldn't have happened if Presidents were armed with weapons.

Weapons, naw, buckets of rocks. 

A schools superintendent in northeast Pennsylvania is arming students with buckets of large rocks in case a would-be killer enters a classroom.

David Helsel, superintendent of the Blue Mountain School District in Orwigsburg, north of Harrisburg, outlined the plan before a recent legislative education committee, WNEP-TV reported.

Cutting edge of school safety. 

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/24/pennsylvania-school-classrooms-equipped-with-large-buckets-of-rocks-to-fend-off-would-be-killers

Just now, LongRider said:

You know what they say.

"Never bring a gun to a rock fight."

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

He is paganism to modern conservatism‘s Jesus, Ronnie R. The myth that he represents the nadir of the American presidency feeds the delusion that RR was a hero, not a worthless pile. You see them trying to do the same with Obama and Trump

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jimmy Carter was the only President I can think of who tried to be really, truly honest about the country he led, and he paid the price for it.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jimmy Carter was the only President I can think of who tried to be really, truly honest about the country he led, and he paid the price for it.

Bobby Kennedy was like half a president...

18 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Jimmy Carter was a very decent man, Camp David and peace between Egypt and Israel  was his signature achievement.    What sunk him  was how he dealt  with Iran and Khomeni .  The Iran Hostage situation sunk him.  Had the rescue  mission been a success, he would have recaptured  the White House in 1980.

Speaking of Jimmy;

“Maybe one of the worst mistakes that President Trump has made since he’s been in office is his employment of John Bolton, who has been advocating a war with North Korea for a long time and even an attack on Iran, and who has been one of the leading figures on orchestrating the decision to invade Iraq,” Carter said. He called the appointment, announced last week, “a disaster for our country.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/jimmy-carter-decries-donald-trump-decision-hire-john-bolton-disaster-our-country/459458002/?csp=chromepush

5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

‘It’s Very Difficult to Overestimate the Potential Danger John Bolton Could Put Us In’
Talking national security with Jake Sullivan, Hillary Clinton’s top foreign policy adviser.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/26/jake-sullivan-john-bolton-global-politico-217707

Yeah, the scariest shit you read about Bolton is that he knows how the system works and that his position is in charge of who even gets to tell the President about national security issues and that in the GWB years he was known for trying to force people out who didn't agree with him.

It's all a recipe for Bolton presenting Trump with a carefully manicured security problem only solvable via invading whomever Bolton is mad at that week.

30 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Yeah, the scariest shit you read about Bolton is that he knows how the system works and that his position is in charge of who even gets to tell the President about national security issues and that in the GWB years he was known for trying to force people out who didn't agree with him.

It's all a recipe for Bolton presenting Trump with a carefully manicured security problem only solvable via invading whomever Bolton is mad at that week.

The one upside of Bolton is that he'll probably prevent Trump from starting any accidental wars; of course, he'll probably also get him to start several intentional ones.

So we will invade Iran, but probably not, say, Australia.

29 minutes ago, Fez said:

The one upside of Bolton is that he'll probably prevent Trump from starting any accidental wars; of course, he'll probably also get him to start several intentional ones.

So we will invade Iran, but probably not, say, Australia.

Some days I think he would, however, cheerfully invade Canada.

Archived