Trial by combat

17 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I would worry less about mass shooters than I would about the metric tons of the rape and murder fantasies that get written down and posted as "theories" 

I would worry about them, but I assume they are all fifteen year olds. 

41 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I would worry about them, but I assume they are all fifteen year olds. 

which is not much younger than the majority of school shooters 

39 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

It's the clever, elder people I worry about.

They do have the experience and give no fucks attitude to get the horrible shit done 

On 3/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, Light a wight tonight said:

But dragons are magical. There's a quote on that but I can't recall it verbatim, magic made flesh, or words to that effect.

Fire made flesh is the quote, actually.  And that is what we call "poetic license"

Dragons breed naturally.  Not sure why you call them "magical".  The seasons are magical in nature, too - does that mean you can't fight during a "magical" time of the year?  Because that is 100% of the time.

Presumably you'd allow this hypothetical champion to use Valyrian steel, right?  That is also unquestionably magical; far more so than a dragon.

2 hours ago, cpg2016 said:

Fire made flesh is the quote, actually.  And that is what we call "poetic license"

Dragons breed naturally.  Not sure why you call them "magical".  The seasons are magical in nature, too - does that mean you can't fight during a "magical" time of the year?  Because that is 100% of the time.

Presumably you'd allow this hypothetical champion to use Valyrian steel, right?  That is also unquestionably magical; far more so than a dragon.

True. However the OP did specify that the champion had to human

10 hours ago, cpg2016 said:

You overstate your case. Seasons "magical". Really? And the qualifications only specify that the weapons may not be magical, nothing about the circumstances. 

Dany's dragons were hatched through magic, that's indisputable. GRRM says so. And they are the only ones we see in the books.

Valyrian steel? If both sides get to use it, fine.

On 4/4/2018 at 0:30 AM, Light a wight tonight said:

You overstate your case. Seasons "magical". Really? And the qualifications only specify that the weapons may not be magical, nothing about the circumstances. 

Dany's dragons were hatched through magic, that's indisputable. GRRM says so. And they are the only ones we see in the books.

Valyrian steel? If both sides get to use it, fine.

The seasons ARE magical in nature.  GRRM has confirmed it.

And while the dragons may have been hatched through magic, that does not means dragons themselves are magic.  Until the very recent past they were born in the wild and could exist and reproduce in the world.

Lysa Tully. Because it would be hilarious. Then watch the other champion throw themselves into their sword rather than listening to her for another minute.
Just tell her she gets Littlefinger if she wins, then there's nothing to worry about anymore.

Archived