The Order of the Green Hand

5 minutes ago, KingLordPresidentMaster said:

Stop saying the f word you offend me.:(

3 minutes ago, KingLordPresidentMaster said:

I feel like this snowflake planet is not for me im to simple.

People find everything offensive nowdays. 

Right. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

Not necessarily. Most videos I've watched just rehash the theories here with pictures. AltShiftX is good though. He doesn't use the flashy imagery and actually shows textual evidence for claims. And his take on season trailers have been spot on on many regards. 

I do see AltShiftX as above the pack. They have the most credibility with me.

But I don't put them in the same category as most video theorists being that they are in the business of dissecting commonly-held theories, not so much coming up with new theories themselves. A lot of their videos are just picking a subject, object or character and breaking it down, not picking a random pile of stuff and bending backwards to try to connect it just to generate views.

http://asoiaf-crackpot-theories.weebly.com/

Think my favorite so far is 

Spoiler

Barristan Selmy is King of the Mermaids.

Seriously, my secret wish is for someone to make youtube videos of crackpots like these using book “evidence” as a parody of logical contortions and fallacies so often used in video theories.

4 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously, my secret wish is for someone to make youtube videos of crackpots like these using book “evidence” as a parody of logical contortions and fallacies so often used in video theories.

How on earth can you have a favourite, when we have gems like...

Spoiler

Lyanna Stark is Coldhands

or even better - and thus far my fave...

Spoiler

Stannis Baratheon is a child of the forest

:lol: 

And your idea isawesome, I'd subscribe to that channel in a heartbeat!

30 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I do see AltShiftX as above the pack. They have the most credibility with me.

But I don't put them in the same category as most video theorists being that they are in the business of dissecting commonly-held theories, not so much coming up with new theories themselves. A lot of their videos are just picking a subject, object or character and breaking it down, not picking a random pile of stuff and bending backwards to try to connect it just to generate views.

http://asoiaf-crackpot-theories.weebly.com/

I got:

"The Lord of Bones will marry Benjen Stark".

Well, ain't it nice. <3

12 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Reveal hidden contents

Take my money now! 

4 hours ago, KingLordPresidentMaster said:

Why are they crap?:huh:

I have watched a lot of LmLs videos but i think that he does not make many interessting theories it seems to mostly be symbolism. And symbolism and astronomy though i think it is important especially when it comes to symbology and hints and such can be interpreted in so many different ways that i dont think George made it that important as LmL makes it out to be. It is just to hard for a reading audience to read the same and interpret it the same.

I do like him though but that would be my one critique against him.

So you think one of the greatest literary masters of our (or any) time isn't interested in the basic fundamentals of good literature, such as symbolism?  What planet were you born on?  Maybe you should stick to the orange dot books for now...

57 minutes ago, Tom Cruise said:

So you think one of the greatest literary masters of our (or any) time isn't interested in the basic fundamentals of good literature, such as symbolism?  What planet were you born on?  Maybe you should stick to the orange dot books for now...

What is wrong with you i said that there is important symbolism there? How about you read what i say before commenting?

I find video to be a poor format to discuss material of this nature. It takes so much longer to watch than to read the equivalent argument. And then it's much more difficult to go back to reference individual parts of the argument to discuss in more depth. I don't see the point in watching any of their videos. 

Archived