Happy Easter

Which Tyler

6 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Personally I was engaging in what I considered to be an interesting discussion on the origin of Easter, which most definitely is a spring, pagan, fertility festival.

I appreciated your comments on it, along with everyone's :D

I don't think anyone is being duped into celebrating a Pagan festival, but as an atheist, I do find it interesting how our modern festivals draw their symbolism from many different sources.

I am always interested to find out more about our Pagan history, and I'm keen to pass it on to my son, along with the stories from the major religions that he will also get from school.

So Happy Easter all, my belly is waaay too full of chocolate (not sure of the origins of that tradition, but I appreciate it ^_^).

On 3/31/2018 at 6:06 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Tywin, is Passover a pagan holiday? Because, ya know, Jesus and the apostles were celebrating Passover just before he was crucified. They were not celebrating a pagan god or goddess of any kind.

No, Passover is not a Pagan holiday. It is however a  holiday that has a lot of similarities with other holidays from smaller religions. And that was my point. Religions of all strips appropriate parts of other religions, as well as random cultural stuff, which is neither good nor bad, and there is an element to Easter that many scholars think is appropriating Paganism.  Otherwise there would be no Easter bunny. It literally has nothing to do with the death of Jesus.

41 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Nice eggs. It'd be a shame to knock'em against each other, but traditions must be observed. :D

No one touches the Minion eggs...

Also, in Serbian language the verb "tucati" can mean knock, smash,etc. but it can also mean "to have a coitus" :D So, I had some neighbor kids coming over and screaming to their mothers "Mummy, I am f***ing Minion" 

The joys of holidays :D

4 hours ago, Risto said:

No one touches the Minion eggs...

Also, in Serbian language the verb "tucati" can mean knock, smash,etc. but it can also mean "to have a coitus" :D So, I had some neighbor kids coming over and screaming to their mothers "Mummy, I am f***ing Minion" 

The joys of holidays :D

I think the English word you are trying to find is "bang". :leaving:

Also, these are really pretty eggs, what did you do to make them look like that?

Archived