Daenerys & Threes

ScaledBird

. . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . . . . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . . . . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

First lets start with the last. Three Treasons. For a long time like most people I assumed that the three treasons will be treasons against Dany but what if they are treasons for Dany? Will people abandon their King/Queen to join Dany for Blood, Gold and Love?

Treason for blood - Rhaego's kidnapping. He is half-Dothraki, half-dragonseed. Thus he was kidnapped either by Dothraki, or by Quaithe, who is actually dragonseed Shiera Seastar (just a theory).

Treason for gold - Hizdahr "selling" Dany to slavers of Yunkai.

Treason for love - too many possibilities:

• Tyrion Lannister for love and acceptance of his family.
  • One of my tinfoil theories - Barristan Selmy (dragonseed from female line of Blackfyres, relative of Aenys Blackfyre, possibly son of Shiera Seastar, who is Quaithe) for love of his son fAegon, whose mother is Lady Jeyne Swann/septa Lemore (yes, that's a lot of nonsense ^_^).
  • Jon Connington for fAegon.
  • Barristan Selmy for septa Lemore/Lady Jeyne Swann.
  • Quaithe/Shiera Seastar for Bloodraven.
  • Jon for Starks.
  • Varys for his relatives Blackfyres.
  • Illyrio for fAegon (maybe Illyrio's wife Serra was Varys' little sister. Varys is a Blackfyre. fAegon is a Blackfyre. Varys can't have his own children, thus for him fAegon is his hope and future. And because Varys is Illyrio's old friend, and his brother-in-law, then fAegon is also sort of his relative. Thus for his sake, but actually for love of Serra, Illyrio will betray Dany, and will support fAegon instead of her, and it will happen in some sort of decisive crucial moment, thus that treason will hit Dany the most).
  • Etc.

Fire for life - Drogo's funeral pyre on which burned Drogo, second stallion, and Mirri Maz Duur. Payment for Dany's three dragons.

First died Drogo. Dany smothered him with a pillow. Between his death and burning, passed several hours, thus his life was the least fresh, out of three that were sacrificed. Thus dragon, whose life was bought with Drogo's death, hatched the last out of three.

Second on Dany's order was killed a stallion, and his body was placed on the bottom of the pyre. Second out of three dragons, hatched Rhaegel.

Third died Mirri. She burned alive. Thus her life was the freshest. And thus the dragon for which life Mirri's death paid, was hatched first out of three. First hatched cream and gold egg, Viseryon's. After Dany heard first crack, piece of this egg's shell, fell from the fire to her feet. And when the fire died down, Viseryon was suckling milk from Dany's left breast, and Rhaegel from her right, and Drogon was draped across her shoulders. That's because when he hatched, last out of three, by that time both of Dany's breasts, were already occupied by two other dragons. Also Drogon's egg was bigger, than the other two, and probably that egg's shell was also thicker than the other's two, and thus it also needed more time to be in fire, to hatch. Also out of three lives, sacrificed in that ritual, Drogo's life was the weakest, he died earlier than a stallion and Mirri, and also he was ill, when he died.

Fire for death - probably Dany burning all Dothraki Khals. And that scene with dosh khaleen bowing to Dany will be after that burning. Or maybe Dany will burn Meereen, to prevent pale mare spreading all over Essos.

Fire for love - Dany will assist Jon Snow, her third husband, to defeat the Others and the Undead Army. She will even give him one of her dragons - Viseryon.

Three mounts - the easiest out of three predictions - that's Dany's three husbands. The one to bed, is Khal Drogo, Dany bedded with him, got pregnant, and gave birth to their child Rhaego. The one to dread - Hizdahr, he betrayed Dany, and probably he is also the Harpy, or connected to it. The one to love - Jon Snow, Dany's third husband. He's also a blue flower on the wall of ice, from trinity of visions bride of fire. Very telling name - bride of fire, i.e. bride of Azor Ahai.

There were also three lies to slay - Stannis is Azor Ahai (blue-eyed king without shadow), fAegon is son of Rhaegar Targaryen (mummer's dragon), Jon Snow is bastard of Ned Stark (winged stone beast (stone beast - chimera, half-direwolf, half-dragon, stone because he is binded by lies of his birth, doesn't know who he is, a dormant sleeping dragon, who will be awoken from stone, after Dany will reveal truth about him being son of Rhaegar Targaryen), that breathes shadow fire (secret Targaryen), and appeared from the smoking tower (Tower of Joy, that Ned destroyed, after Lyanna died there).

Those are some of possible options, for which there were some clues given in the books.

The last of each three are for love so i think that will be all one act.

Fires are for Life, Death and Love

Life - The funeral pyre for Drogo where she hatched the dragons eggs.

Death (not occured yet) - Burning the Khals to unite all the Khalasars.

Mounts are to Bed, Dread and Love

Bed - Silver, on her wedding night Drogo gives her her horse Silver. At this stage she becomes Khaleesi and not just Viserys little sister.

Dread - Drogon, In the fighting pits of Meeren she finally mounts Drogon immediately prior to this it looks likely the Sons of the Harpy will kill her. At this stage she goes from trying to win a political war to realising she can rule via dragon.

"Treasons that she knows" are for Blood, Gold and Love

Blood - MMD lets her believe she can save Drogo but in the process kills Rhaego.

Gold (not occured yet) - Illyrio Mopatis siding with fAegon when Dany finally turns against him. I suggest the Gold aspect of this betrayal refers to the Golden Company what will this cost her though? I guess it may be that it costs her the Golden Company.

So that leaves a Fire, a Mount and a Treason for love. I think this will all be one act. Its interesting that it doesn't say Dany will be betrayed but that she will know three betrayals. For the final betrayal I think she'll betray Jon who will have no choice but to kill her, her sacrifice thereby igniting Lightbringer (the Fire for love) as she is his Nissa Nissa, and the final mount will be the Great Stallion taking her to be with Drogo in the Dothraki afterlife.

But then what do i know :unsure:

On 4/1/2018 at 1:56 AM, ScaledBird said:

First lets start with the last. Three Treasons. For a long time like most people I assumed that the three treasons will be treasons against Dany but what if they are treasons for Dany? Will people abandon their King/Queen to join Dany for Blood, Gold and Love?

I think it's pretty clear that the treasons are committed against Dany. The first phases of each of the three have already occurred, and the seconds are in progress. The fire of life is her lighting Drogo's funeral pyre resulting in the birth of her dragons. The first mount is her silver, which she rides to a stream and her wedding night. The first treason is by MMZ. whom Dany trusts to save her husband, but she ends up cursing Drogo and killing Rhaego. 

The second fire she lights probably relates to her waging war in some way. This may relate to a fire she lights at Mother of Mountains, where she seems to be headed with Jhago's khalasar. The second mount she rides is Drogon, and we will see the dread she encounters in the coming book. It's probably Euron though. And the second treason we will probably find out in TWOW as well. It may have occurred already. 

As for the thirds, there's only wild speculation for now. The third fire she lights is "to love" not for. The third mount she rides could be Ghost, the direwolf, possibly to Jon or North. The third treason is widely speculated to relate to the forging of Lightbringer 2.0. 

In any case, the number 3 is strongly associated with Dany. The Undying call her the child of three. Also, three titles: daughter of death, slayer of lies, and bride of fire. She's also called the mother of dragons and child of storm. She's literally the third child among three children. But her three connection may relate to the three gods, or trios, that the Long Night seems to be connected to: the god of fire, R'hllor, the Great Other, and the Drowned God. 

Three fires, three mounts, and three treasons, the last of each for love. That's nine fires, mounts, and treasons. The fire Daenerys must light for life was surely Drogo's funeral pyre. The fire Daenerys must light for death will unite the Dothraki into a single khalasar and ride with her to the ends of the earth. The fire Daenerys must light to love will be her funeral pyre after she dies in childbirth. 

The mount Daenerys must ride to bed was her silver, which she rode to her bedding by the darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. The mount Daenerys must ride to dread is her dragon, Drogo, the Black Dread, Balerion, come again. The mount Daenerys must ride to love will be the smoky stallion Daenerys will ride to join her sun-and-stars in the Night Lands. 

The treason for blood Daenerys will know will be committed by Illyrio, who will betray her for the blood of the Blackfyre. The treason for gold Daenerys will know will be committed by Tyrion, who will betray her for all the gold of Casterly Rock. The treason for love Daenerys will know will be committed by Aegon, who will betray her for love of Arianne. 

Fires: 1. For Life 2. For death 3. To Love

Mounts: 1. To bed 2. To dread 3. To Love

Treasons: 1. For Blood 2. For gold 3. For Love

———

1.Daughter of Death

2.Slayer of Lies

3.Bride of Fire

However, I believe the images in indigo come in a different order than the trinities were first listed... grouped differently and in reverse... also worth noting I think the treasons are ones Dany has or is going to commit. So, here are my thoughts for what they are worth:

Daughter of Death:

-Treason for Blood- Viserys crown of molten gold... Dany allows Viserys to be killed despite being kin and his being her king. She does this for her unborn child (blood).

-Mount to bed- Rhaego as he might have been, another dead kin, the stallion who mounts the world, lost because she was brought to the birthing bed in MMDs Tent

-Fire for life- Rhaegar whispering a woman’s name, I believe Dany is the child of R+L (Jon’s little sister), Rhaegar taking Lyanna lit a fire across Westeros, and it’s her life that resulted... interesting note, Lyanna is appears in this same way referred to as Rhaegar’s love in Dany’s first chapter (and is the first woman to be mentioned in her chapters at all), also Rhaegar is another dead kinsman (daughter of death).

Slayer of Lies:

-Treason for Gold- glowing like suset, red sword, blue eyed king who casts no shadow, given that Westeros is the Sunset Kingdom, Sunsets however are not the same as Dawn... and Stannis is no Azor Ahai, the sword is wrong. I expect Stannis and Dany to work together at first and Dany to betray him for the crown (gold)

-Mount to Dread- Mummers Dragon, the cloth dragon riding the tide of the common people in Westeros. I think Dany will not be welcomed when she lands with an army of “savages and slaves” and that the people may prefer the other “false” dragon.

-Fire for Death- Stone beast rises from a tower breathing shadow fire, Another false dragon in need of slaying, this one a mockery of waking dragons from stone, it’s hard to know exactly what this one refers too...

Bride of Fire:

-Treason for love- Silver to a darkling stream, Her first Hisband Drogo, whom she kills out of mercy and love.

-Mount to love- Dead face smiling at the prow of a ship, I believe this is Arya (wearing a dead man’s face and sent to kill Dany) who will be Dany’s sisterwife.

-Fire to love- Flower in a Wall of Ice, no surprise here, I believe this is Jon Snow.

Mother of Dragons, Confounder of Readers

2 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Fires: 1. For Life 2. For death 3. To Love

Mounts: 1. To bed 2. To dread 3. To Love

Treasons: 1. For Blood 2. For gold 3. For Love

———

1.Daughter of Death

2.Slayer of Lies

3.Bride of Fire

However, I believe the images in indigo come in a different order than the trinities were first listed... grouped differently and in reverse... also worth noting I think the treasons are ones Dany has or is going to commit. So, here are my thoughts for what they are worth:

Daughter of Death:

-Treason for Blood- Viserys crown of molten gold... Dany allows Viserys to be killed despite being kin and his being her king. She does this for her unborn child (blood).

-Mount to bed- Rhaego as he might have been, another dead kin, the stallion who mounts the world, lost because she was brought to the birthing bed in MMDs Tent

-Fire for life- Rhaegar whispering a woman’s name, I believe Dany is the child of R+L (Jon’s little sister), Rhaegar taking Lyanna lit a fire across Westeros, and it’s her life that resulted... interesting note, Lyanna is appears in this same way referred to as Rhaegar’s love in Dany’s first chapter (and is the first woman to be mentioned in her chapters at all), also Rhaegar is another dead kinsman (daughter of death).

Slayer of Lies:

-Treason for Gold- glowing like suset, red sword, blue eyed king who casts no shadow, given that Westeros is the Sunset Kingdom, Sunsets however are not the same as Dawn... and Stannis is no Azor Ahai, the sword is wrong. I expect Stannis and Dany to work together at first and Dany to betray him for the crown (gold)

-Mount to Dread- Mummers Dragon, the cloth dragon riding the tide of the common people in Westeros. I think Dany will not be welcomed when she lands with an army of “savages and slaves” and that the people may prefer the other “false” dragon.

-Fire for Death- Stone beast rises from a tower breathing shadow fire, Another false dragon in need of slaying, this one a mockery of waking dragons from stone, it’s hard to know exactly what this one refers too...

Bride of Fire:

-Treason for love- Silver to a darkling stream, Her first Hisband Drogo, whom she kills out of mercy and love.

-Mount to love- Dead face smiling at the prow of a ship, I believe this is Arya (wearing a dead man’s face and sent to kill Dany) who will be Dany’s sisterwife.

-Fire to love- Flower in a Wall of Ice, no surprise here, I believe this is Jon Snow.

Mother of Dragons, Confounder of Readers

This. 

Archived