How far will Arya go to kill her enemies?

Darth Sidious

Just now, Nevets said:

I think Arya's most likely destination after she leaves Braavos is the Riverlands.  She has a wolfpack there, as well as potential friends from the Brotherhood.  And, yes, I think a meeting with LSH is a distinct possibility.

I agree.  Arya isn't finished in the Riverlands.  And Nymeria is there too.  Arya has to reunite with her.  And it will be nice if we see Hot Pie again.  I hope he is doing well.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:56 PM, Wolf's Bane said:
  1. Arya
  2. Lady Stoneheart
  3. Walder
  4. Oznak Zo Phal's family
  5. Littlefinger
  6. Doran
  7. Pyat Pree

I also think it is within Arya to burn down a city if it is the only means of getting Cersei.  While the faceless men may teach the avoidance of collateral damage, Arya has shown that she put a higher priority on her obsession with revenge than she does with following their rules. She is a lot like Jon in many ways.  Jon places a higher priority in protecting his Stark family than he does with protecting the realm from the white walkers.  Which is stupid but that is another discussion for another topic.  Arya is fickle.  She picks and chooses the rules that she wants to follow.  She wants to learn the killing skills from the faceless men but she will only follow their rules as long as they don't stand in the way of her revenge.  

Reveal hidden contents

The killing of Raf was not ordered by the fm.  It was something Arya chose to do on her own.   

Arya is insane and she is indeed fickle.  Jon too is fickle.  The way he dispensed justice with regards to Janos and Mance was inconsistent and an embarrassment to justice.  The murder of the insurance agent by Arya was not justice.  

48 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

Arya is insane and she is indeed fickle.  Jon too is fickle.  The way he dispensed justice with regards to Janos and Mance was inconsistent and an embarrassment to justice.  The murder of the insurance agent by Arya was not justice.  

An other insightful entry from the Stark Hate Brigade…

This is so distant to the reality, I wonder if you ever tried to read the books…

- Jon is exactly the opposite of "fickle".

- Jon never dispensed justice with regards to Mance. Stannis did.

- Janos was sentenced to death for refusal to obey orders. Rope or sword, wher's the problem? Nobody in Castle Black objects. Even Thorne keeps his big mouth shut, and the rigid Stannis approves.

Regarding Arya, what are you talking about? Of course it wasn't justice, …

Sigh. How is Arya demonstrating that she is insane?. Feel free to quote the Psychalogical Diagnostic and Satistical Manual, or even  the  humble dictionary, or is this a personal gut feeling with no real world support.(kind of a crazy sort of Trumpian BS statement meant to irritate people who actually have psychological elite training,but is designed to inscite your lower informed  reader. Let’s try for some truth here. Like maybe your just being obnoxious.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, kissdbyfire said:

I'd say is not so much inventing a different character, but rather ignoring the text and dismissing the evidence just because we really, really need another Stark hate thread. :rolleyes: 

Oddly enough the trolls here are the Sansa fans. It is talking point #3 of the official Sansa defense handbook - "point out tinfoil flaws and hate on others to make her look better by comparison, especially her mirrors Arya and Tyrion."

13 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Sigh. How is Arya demonstrating that she is insane?. Feel free to quote the Psychalogical Diagnostic and Satistical Manual, or even  the  humble dictionary, or is this a personal gut feeling with no real world support.(kind of a crazy sort of Trumpian BS statement meant to irritate people who actually have psychological elite training,but is designed to inscite your lower informed  reader. Let’s try for some truth here. Like maybe your just being obnoxious.

Exactly. There's nothing in the text that supports the ridiculous claim that Arya is insane. Nothing, nada, zip, ziltch. But this minor detail will not stop people from making these [preposterous and unfounded] claims. 

Oh my, what a question.  Yeah, I think she would if she had no other option.  I'm not certain George would put her in that scenario but if he did, yeah, she would do it.  Arya is way out there in the land of insanity.  She's nuts.  I get that she suffered trauma but I do not buy that she had to turn out this messed up. She made the choice.  The argument has been put out there and proved there are many traumatized people in Westeros who didn't choose to become a killer.  I have not read all of the replies but I can only hope even her fans are not trying to claim that Arya is in any way normal.  She is too messed up to be close to normal.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:10 PM, Agent Orange said:

Arya is nuts.  I believe she will not hesitate to burn down an entire city to cross Cersei off her Hit List.  She is worse than Catelyn Stoneheart in some ways. 

Obviously, none of us know the answer.  But I will present the question and see what kind of opinion it gets.  How far will Arya go to kill the people on her Hit List?  If there is no other way to kill Cersei, will Arya be willing to burn down an entire city to get her revenge? 

Use all of the information at your disposal, including the sample chapters from TWOW to form your opinion.

Rank the following in order of most obsessed with revenge.  The one most obsessed with revenge being number 1 and followed by the rest in that order.

Arya, Doran, Catelyn, Oznak Zo Phal's family, Walder Frey, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Pyat Pree, Cersei, and Sandor.

She was willing to join a cult of death crazies to learn the ways of killing.  Then she broke away from that cult because their rules may hamper her mission to kill the people on her death list.  Arya will do whatever it will take to bump off the people who wronged the Starks. 

1 hour ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

She was willing to join a cult of death crazies to learn the ways of killing.  Then she broke away from that cult because their rules may hamper her mission to kill the people on her death list.  Arya will do whatever it will take to bump off the people who wronged the Starks. 

Is "willing" really the best word? She was homeless, on the run from tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people who want to rape her to death, in a foreign country, with no allies and they offered to take her in. Is there a single person on the planet that would choose starving and raped to death over helping a group of people who have been incredibly kind to you and took you in?

And your second line does not actually happen in the books so I'm not exactly sure why you even said it.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:14 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

As it relates to her list no Arya does not go hunting.

I do not believe in prophecy whether it be Westeros or real world.

Only because she was in training and lacked the means to carry out her heart's desire to kill Stark enemies.   

6 hours ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

In the books, Arya is still very much part of the FM. I like how all the recent Stark haters keep confusing Show info for the books. Sometimes I doubt these posters have even fully read the books. 

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Only because she was in training and lacked the means to carry out her heart's desire to kill Stark enemies.   

Let’s look at that prayer list again:

The Mountain

Dunsen

Polliver – by the Hound

Chiswyck – Jaqen by Arya’s request

Raff – Arya

Tickler --- Arya

Hound ----

Amory --- by bear

Illyn

Meryn Trant

Joffrey --- poison

Cersei

Her list in DwD    Ugly Little Girl     “Unbidden, her prayer came to her lips. Ser Gregor, Dunsen, Raff the Sweetling. Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei. She mouthed the names silently. In the House of Black and White, you never knew who might be listening.”

Can you tell me why those people are on the list?

39 minutes ago, teej6 said:

In the books, Arya is still very much part of the FM. I like how all the recent Stark haters keep confusing Show info for the books. Sometimes I doubt these posters have even fully read the books. 

Not really.  The Mercy chapter makes it pretty clear that she has gone rogue, at least that was how I read it.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Not really.  The Mercy chapter makes it pretty clear that she has gone rogue, at least that was how I read it.

To me, the Mercy chapter does not imply that she has left the FM. Arya has always had a mind of her own — she never lost her independence or ability to think for herself. She went rogue by killing Dareon but that doesn’t mean she left the order. Oh I’m certain she will leave the FM eventually but it just hasn’t happened as yet in the books. 

4 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

I think that only one guy wanted to rape her.

The thread of being raped was there all along, from the moment she took to the road w/ Yoren. Remember what he told Arya? From memory, so paraphrasing, but he.told her to be discreet when peeing b/c "half the guys w/ them would sell her to the queen, and the other half would do the same only they'd rape her bloody before. 

30 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The thread of being raped was there all along, from the moment she took to the road w/ Yoren. Remember what he told Arya? From memory, so paraphrasing, but he.told her to be discreet when peeing b/c "half the guys w/ them would sell her to the queen, and the other half would do the same only they'd rape her bloody before. 

I think Yoren was exaggerating somewhat, to keep her careful and discreet.  It is also worth noting that when it became apparent that she was a girl, she was traveling to Harrenhal with Clegane's men, a bunch of rapists if there was ever one, and nobody took any interest in her at all.

She landed with the FM in Braavos because she had run out of options.  She had no money, and no place to go.  She has stayed because she needs a pack to belong to, and they have offered her one.  Plus, learning to kill people is of interest to her (although I have real doubts that she has learned, or will learn, anything actually useful in that department).

3 hours ago, teej6 said:

To me, the Mercy chapter does not imply that she has left the FM. Arya has always had a mind of her own — she never lost her independence or ability to think for herself. She went rogue by killing Dareon but that doesn’t mean she left the order. Oh I’m certain she will leave the FM eventually but it just hasn’t happened as yet in the books. 

I am also certain that she will leave the FM, although I expect that will be the FM that decides that she isn't really suitable and finds a way to push her out.  Actually, given the dilatory, unfocused nature of her training, I have doubts that they had any intention of giving her real training and are waiting for an excuse to remove her, while keeping ties.  A member of a prominent Westeros family indebted to the FM could be quite useful.

Archived