MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I didn’t mind the decision to leave Tanaka in there, and that hbp was bullshit too. Chad probably shouldn’t have come back out as he clearly doesn’t have it today.

Yeah I didn't mind keeping Tanaka in as long as they did - dude was dealing.  When the 7th started I thought he had a shot at going 8.  I also agree that maybe not put Green back out there for the 8th.  But whatever, 3 out 4 in Houston is :cheers:

Also, LOVE Torres getting that big hit.  So excited for more of him.  Andujar's hot streak was great, but that's what he does and who he is - streaky.  Torres?  He's a gamer, each and every at-bat.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

Holy shit, what's happened to Baltimore?  They are 8-25.

And three are against the Yankees. 

Speaking of which, they don't give up for anything. They cough up four and no have a runner on second with nobody out after evening things up.

Edit: Gleyber Torres with the walkoff.

14 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Most of the them are terrible.  Thank God I was watching on tv. 

I just wanted to spread the Sterling terribleness to the masses.

I’m mad I missed the first like 8 innings as I wanted to see Germán, and his numbers were impressive as hell. So Betances got beat up but didn’t walk anyone? Surprising.

ETA: I also got tickets behind home plate for the game Tuesday. Can’t wait!

Just now, Ramsay B. said:

I just wanted to spread the Sterling terribleness to the masses.

I’m mad I missed the first like 8 innings as I wanted to see Germán, and his numbers were impressive as hell. So Betances got beat up but didn’t walk anyone? Surprising.

Boone left him out for a second inning. He was good in the 7th. 

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Boone left him out for a second inning. He was good in the 7th. 

Oh ok. Then that’s the second time Boone has tried to stretch him and he’s been lit up. Hopefully there won’t be a third.

Yeah Betances got hung out to dry cuz Boone didn't want to use Robertson or Green today.  Understandably, he didn't wanna put in Shreve (who got rocked on Friday) or Holder.  Most of the damage came once Holder came in - with a Sanchez passed ball as an assist.

I was very impressed with German.  He got swings and misses with all three of his pitches, his stuff looked dynamite against a rock solid Indians lineup.  

18 games in 18 days against the Astros, Tribe, Angels, Twins, and Jays?  16-2.   Bring on the Sawks!

Yeah sending Torres was cringe-worthy, especially considering how he got injured.  As for Stanton going on contact, meh, that's the risk you take.  Considering basically everybody does it these days I have to assume there's data that shows it's worth the risk.

Archived