MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

Good win.  Watched it at a bar because Comcast is a major piece of shit, and there were actually a handful of Yankee fans -- in Pittsburgh.  Anecdotally, this team seems to be somewhat likeable.  Great first step for Bird.  If he can really get going that'd help a bunch.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Good win.  Watched it at a bar because Comcast is a major piece of shit, and there were actually a handful of Yankee fans -- in Pittsburgh.  Anecdotally, this team seems to be somewhat likeable.  Great first step for Bird.  If he can really get going that'd help a bunch.

They're absurdly likeable, it's thinks it's because they're a young team having fun. The rookies say the right thing.  

Just now, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

They're absurdly likeable, it's thinks it's because they're a young team having fun. The rookies say the right thing.  

Well, absurdly likeable for Yankee fans translates to somewhat likeable for non-Yankee fans.  When factoring the historic Yankee hate, I think that's a fair exchange rate.

12 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

He CAN go the other way! I’m so proud.

The last hit he got before today - on Tuesday, and the only hit he got for about a week) - also went the other way.  Suggests he's adjusting which should help a lot..until pitchers adjust back, of course.

It feels like every time I've ever posted in here they immediately nosed dived, but the Mariners are rolling well enough that I'm gonna risk it.

I love that the Mariners extended Wade LeBlanc. He has been pitching really well, almost Moyer-esque, and this contract is extremely team friendly, maxing out at  32mil over 4 years if the three vesting/team options are triggered. Jerry Dipoto has really shown himself to be a fine GM who has succeeded with out of the box thinking. Of course, it could just be luck since all his moves seem to have hit most of their upsides, so we'll have to see down the stretch.

We'll see if my posting has doomed the M's tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Wasn’t it Dipoto who traded Chris Taylor for Zach Lee?

There was no reason to think that Chris Taylor would have been anything anything more than a AAAA player in the Mariners organization. He had opportunity after opportunity to break through but he never really made that jump. It was still not a great trade in general, but at the time it was just as likely that both guys would end up as nothing more than AAA guys.

I credit him going to the dodgers and figuring something out more than I curse Dipoto for trading him for scraps.

10th homer since June 1 for Stanton today, and he crushed it.  Stanton career 1st half:  .880 OPS, 137 wRC+.  Stanton career 2nd half:  .958 OPS, 154 wRC+.  Had a .950 OPS in June and 1.088 in the 4 July games.  Just sayin. 

Archived