Why didn't Jon Snow legitimize himself? [Season 7 Spoilers?]

Euron's Mom

37 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Daenerys is one of my favorite characters to watch and Emilia Clarke one of my favorite actresses of the entire show. I don't dislike Daenerys.

However, I see the daughter of the Mad King portrayed as a young woman with quite a lot of ruthlessness and cruelty, albeit high ideals and best intents. 

She failed in several attempts to free the slave cities and the people did not always regard her as positive. They were afraid of the dragons, suffered from it (the child of a goat shepard eaten alive), she sentenced Mossador to death which caused a riot and extreme disregard of Daenerys. And so on and on. She is not an all-shiny person, but very controverse.

https://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Daenerys_Targaryen

You misunderstand the word people. Daenerys has NOT any one people (in the sense of nation) that follows her. She does not reign a kingdom yet. of course she has individuals who follow her. We all know that.

How do you define "people" as anything other than "individuals"?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Being a Stark at that stage, as King, means he usurps his siblings rights to Winterfell. I think the odd relationship of having a King in the North who is not Lord of Winterfell makes sense considering that Jon would never claim Winterfell and the Stark name for himself. He feels too much guilt about that, as a bastard. So even though he has bent the knee to Dany, she doesn't realize that it is meaningless. Jon has no claim to the North because he has no claim to Winterfell. That decision is in Sansa's hands, as the show and books have reiterated over and over, the key to the North runs through Sansa Stark. 

Archived