Idle Thoughts: Could Daario Be Euron's Son?

Rhae_Valarie

So the theory that Daario = Euron is a surprisingly notorious theory among fans that seems absurd but has enough supporting material that it won't seem to go away. Alt Shift X explains it far better and more interestingly than I ever could, so I'll put that video below. Basically, by the end, they acknowledge that there are a suspicious number of similarities between the characters but attribute it to thematic similarities within the book, rather than Euron masquerading as Daario. But what if there is another alternative? What if Daario is so similar to Euron because he is his bastard son? It would explain why they have similar appearances, personality traits, and world views. Euron could have sent Daario to gain Dany's trust and then betray her at a crucial time, allowing for Euron to steal her dragons. It would explain the extensive evidence for Daario = Euron, without the logistical improbabilities. 

49 minutes ago, Rhae_Valarie said:

So the theory that Daario = Euron is a surprisingly notorious theory among fans that seems absurd but has enough supporting material that it won't seem to go away. Alt Shift X explains it far better and more interestingly than I ever could, so I'll put that video below. Basically, by the end, they acknowledge that there are a suspicious number of similarities between the characters but attribute it to thematic similarities within the book, rather than Euron masquerading as Daario. But what if there is another alternative? What if Daario is so similar to Euron because he is his bastard son? It would explain why they have similar appearances, personality traits, and world views. Euron could have sent Daario to gain Dany's trust and then betray her at a crucial time, allowing for Euron to steal her dragons. It would explain the extensive evidence for Daario = Euron, without the logistical improbabilities. 

Seven Hells, I can't believe I haven't thought of that possibility until now!! I think the Euron = Daario theory makes a lot of sense - it's one of my favorite theories - and yes, this is almost even better.

4 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

That's definitely better than the idea that Euron = Daario. But honestly I don't see any similarities between them that aren't similarities between any daring and ambitious men who might border on insanity.

@Rhae_Valarie, have you seen this theory

Thanks for the suggestion, that was a really fun read! I definitely think it's possible that the similarities are coincidence, but their physical appearance is described identically and the Stormcrows connection to Euron "I am the Storm" Crow's Eye is what really gets me suspicious... Guess we'll find out eventually! Regardless, I think something is up with Daario.

I acknowledge that Euron and Daario have many similarities between each other, but not everyone who is similar in appearance and personality are related to each other.

But Daario being Euron's bastard (maybe through the female Blackfyre line) is a much better possibility than Daario=Euron.

The more important questions are:

1) Would this contribute anything to either the story, Daario's or Eurons character?
Answer: No.

2)Would it make the story laughable by scrambling to connect every random character to some other random character in a "Days of Our Lives" fashion.
Answer: Yes.

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

The more important questions are:

1) Would this contribute anything to either the story, Daario's or Eurons character?
Answer: No.

2)Would it make the story laughable by scrambling to connect every random character to some other random character in a "Days of Our Lives" fashion.
Answer: Yes.

Et voilà. -_-

1 minute ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Wasn't Daario in fact Euron himself? 

No Daario is Septa Lemore, who is also Quaithe. Quaithe meanwhile is the daughter and mother of Mellisdandre.

Jon Snow is the twin brother of Myra Reed, Margaery, and Daenerys. The lot of them and an unidentified baby elephant, are all the children of Ashara Dayne (who is of course no other than Mellisandre, and was warged by Bloodraven at the time) and Mance Rayder (who was glamoured to look like Brandon Stark disguised as Ned Stark at the time)

Euron on the other hand is Lyanna Stark.

It all makes sense, if you redefine the meaning of sense to the exact opposite.

4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

No Daario is Septa Lemore, who is also Quaithe. Quaithe meanwhile is the daughter and mother of Mellisdandre.

Jon Snow is the twin brother of Myra Reed, Margaery, and Daenerys. The lot of them and an unidentified baby elephant, are all the children of Ashara Dayne (who is of course no other than Mellisandre, and was warged by Bloodraven at the time) and Mance Rayder (who was glamoured to look like Brandon Stark disguised as Ned Stark at the time)

<3

34 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

exactly. We all know that starscream is Euron's son. It is known 

Now I can't stop thinking how much more awesome the show would be if it had an 80s power rock soundtrack :lol:

Imagine Jon Snow facing the Wights/Others while "The Touch" from the 80s Transformer movie plays in the background...

34 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

A decepticon  transformer that fought for megatron. He was kind of a whiny crybaby 

Aaaaahhh I see now! Never went anywhere near Transformers in any shape or format. :D

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Fine with all you say, but I thought that Mance was Rhaegar. Enough confusion for today, I'm out.

Archived