AncalagonTheBlack

Football: Mo Please!

Two yellow cards inside 10 minutes, that's some going.

It's not the highest quality set of European semifinals I've ever seen this week.

Vrsalijko's first challenge on Wilshere was a foul but I don't think that was worthy of a yellow. The 2nd challenge on Lacazette - no complaints about that being a yellow. 

That was quite an entertaining first half.

Arsenal have had plenty of chances but a combination of poor finishes and strong goalkeeping has kept them out.

Atletico players going down very easily, rolling about, taking their time at set plays and throw ins. Commentator rightfully labelled them ‘street-wise’.

Arsenal played really well for the first 30 minutes, though they were maybe guilty of hesitating before crossing a little too much and allowing Atletico to set, and the chances they have created have tended toward the awkward rather than the easy.

Things evened out a little towards the end, which I guess is a mix of Arsenal taking a breather and Altletico finding their feet after the shock of the red card. I wouldn't be massively surprised if this ended goalless.

1 minute ago, JordanJH1993 said:

Atletico players going down very easily, rolling about, taking their time at set plays and throw ins. Commentator rightfully labelled them ‘street-wise’.

They've been making a meal of everything, but they have all been fouls in fairness.

I'd like to see Kolasinac come on for Monreal. Arsenal need to stretch the Atleti defence and Kolasinac offers more in attack. He will certainly offer more width. 

If Costa is fit enough to play any part in this game then he needs to come on asap. Atleti have no outlet and desperately need someone with his physicality who can hold the ball up. Griezmann can't do that.

Arsenal could still get another goal or two. I expect the Atleti players might start to tire in the last 10-15 minutes and they have zero threat going forward. There isn't even anyone up top who can hold the ball up.