Cobra Kai

GoTCannibal

45 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So not just renewed, but apparently it will no longer be on premium, but free with adds. Seasons 1 & 2 will be available free sometime this fall.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/06/cobra-kai-gets-season-3-order-youtube-originals-will-be-free-to-watch-with-ads

Youtube is getting rid of premium so this fits with their plan.

I liked season 2 overall. Feel like most shows that artificially creates drama, if people just talked for 5 minutes, they would be fine. Seemed like misconceptions and snap judgments was a big driver of all the conflict and completely unnecessary.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

50 million people tuned into Cobra Kai on Netflix

I wonder how many of those had already seen it on youtube, and how many are new viewers.

Actually, just checked:  first episode of season one has 95 million views, first ep of season two has 87 million, both which are currently free, and the rest don't list viewer numbers since they're on Youtube Premium so have to be paid for.

So articles saying it "languished in obscurity" on youtube don't make much sense -- people knew about it, didn't necessarily purchase it on youtube though.  Can't say it was obscure though.

I watched one episode on Youtube, but for some reason, it being on Youtube made me come at it with a number of preconceptions. Seeing it on Netflix I saw it in a new light. It's strange how that happens.

So as it was on Youtube I just thought it was this cheap, poorly produced novelty. I quite enjoyed it but never bothered to go back to it. On Netflix it seemed different, a pretty fun, well observed show that hooked me in for every episode. I'm not sure why that is.

I watched - and immensly enjoyed - it on Netflix, for a simple reason: I already have a Netflix subscription and didn't want to spend any money on youtube. So I kind of observed it through the ads and was therefore pleasantly surprised when it popped up on Netflix.

• 1 month later...

I binged the two seasons of this on Netflix a couple of months ago and was obsessed.

I love the original 3 movies (yes all three, lol) and was enthralled with the way they intertwined the movies in with the show.  Can't wait for the next season and will be watching as soon as it comes out.

Also, count me as one of the people that was shocked by that final episode.  Was not expecting that at all.

21 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Not sure.  She wasn't included in the season.  The writers said they couldn't fit her in.  :dunno:

I suppose it can be easily be written that she became disillusioned with Cobra Kai after the big fight at the end. It is weird, though.

Archived