Cobra Kai

GoTCannibal

52 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That was my thought too.  It’s an interesting twist as she (I’m on up to episode 1 of season 2) seems to see this whole thing as silly BS so far.

If you haven't watched S2 then stay away from the trailer though because there are a lot of spoilers in it.

Just jumped on this bandwagon a couple nights ago...thank goodness this moved to Netflix...because I'd've never seen it on the other platform...the first couple episodes were soooo good.  Truly this appears to be the true and proper way to completely honor the nostalgia of the 80s, but move forward at the same time...cannot wait to watch more...

I finshed season 2 last night.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if local authorities were to try pin responsibility for that brawl on both Daniel and Johnny.

I still want to know what will prompt Amanda confronting Kreese.  That just seems awfully directed and personal... like she knows him.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I finshed season 2 last night.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if local authorities were to try pin responsibility for that brawl on both Daniel and Johnny.

I still want to know what will prompt Amanda confronting Kreese.  That just seems awfully directed and personal... like she knows him.

My guess is Kreese will escalate matters further, since he's a psychopath, which prompts Amanda to pay him a visit. 

I'm in this weird place where I watched Cobra Kai without having seen the movies, loved it, but still feel not inclination to watch The Karate Kid lol.

I would say that Robby's plot is the one that interests me the most (I'm a sucker for sad loner types). I hope he's able to find some redemption this season.

I enjoyed this season a lot. Kreese's backstory really showcased the cycle of abuse that created Cobra Kai. His commanding officer took advantage of him wanting to be a hero, offered to make him exactly that, all the while witholding information and selling him out the minute he could.

I still think Kreese is scum, but I felt for the guy.

50 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I enjoyed this season a lot. Kreese's backstory really showcased the cycle of abuse that created Cobra Kai. His commanding officer took advantage of him wanting to be a hero, offered to make him exactly that, all the while witholding information and selling him out the minute he could.

I still think Kreese is scum, but I felt for the guy.

That's exactly what makes this so good, the acknowledgement that there are two sides to every story, everyone is the hero of their own story, even if they're officially the villain. The bad guys aren't bad because they're inherently bad, but events and experience have conspired for them to turn out this way.

Equally, redemption can be earned, but it's going to be a hard road, with many slips (I love that Jonny's redemption arcnhas had so many false starts)

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Episode 1 was fantastic. I doubt I'll be able to hold from binging the entire season in a day or two.

I'm about 10 minutes in and it really is firing at all cylinders :D Lovely to have this with us on the new year :) 

Spoiler

That parent teacher conference was literally the best thing I have seen all year :D 

I wrote this...  Don't be a pussy, read it:

"Toss A Coin To Your Sensei"

When this humble kid
got beat by the headstrong
then Johnny Lawrence
showed them what's wrong

When Cobra Kai did face
in the All-Valley rumble
An army of losers
At our fists they did crumble

They came after me
With highschool bully deceit
Broke down the stall door and
They kicked in my teeth

Soon after Miyagi-do
renewed their hateful cries
And so yelled my sempai
"Cobra Kai never dies!"

Toss a coin to your Sensei
All Valley of Cali!
oh Valley of Cali!
All Valley of Cali-forn-ia!

Pain does not exist
in this dojo or in the world
mercy is for the weak
So you better go all in

Strike first, strike hard
And learn to decide
Life is tough, so you be tougher
With our karate you choose pride

If you have not found your mojo
Our sensei will help you find it
There's no fear in this dojo
So you be tougher than tough shit

That's my epic tale
Our Sensei prevailed
Defeated all pussies and losers
Now pour him some ale

All Valley of Cali!
All Valley of Cali!
A teacher of all-you-can-be
All Valley of Cali!
All Valley of Cali!
A teacher of all-you-can-be
All Valley of Cali!
All Valley of Cali!
A teacher of all-you-can-be!

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

That's exactly what makes this so good, the acknowledgement that there are two sides to every story, everyone is the hero of their own story, even if they're officially the villain. The bad guys aren't bad because they're inherently bad, but events and experience have conspired for them to turn out this way.

Equally, redemption can be earned, but it's going to be a hard road, with many slips (I love that Jonny's redemption arcnhas had so many false starts)

The more I think about it, the more Johnny reminds me of Bojack Horseman. No wonder im enjoying the show this much.

Archived