Cobra Kai

GoTCannibal

On 1/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Miyagi-verse...it's a thing!

(The remake is like a bad JJ Abrams Trek reboot, except the creators of the later show continuations don't try to shoehorn the movie into established canon...)

The remake is pretty bad, except Jackie Chan actually does a really good job in it

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

I would assume that S6 All Valley would be this

Hide contents

Daniels son facing off against Kenny? They would be in high school by then so age appropriate.

I don't think you'll see Anthony doing karate.  If he's going to solve his Kenny problem, it will be another way...

At this point we shouldn't yet assume that Kenny is going to become a bully. As of yet, he only threatened to make Anthony's High School time miserable ... but he has yet to do this.

Anthony could still join the karate family in the wake of what happened to him now. Doesn't have to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

At this point we shouldn't yet assume that Kenny is going to become a bully. As of yet, he only threatened to make Anthony's High School time miserable ... but he has yet to do this.

Anthony could still join the karate family in the wake of what happened to him now. Doesn't have to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

He beat on Anthony, who wasn't even defending himself, until he was pulled off. This is after Anthony was apologizing to him. Even Robbie saw the issue, I'd say it's safe to say the ship has sailed.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

He beat on Anthony, who wasn't even defending himself, until he was pulled off. This is after Anthony was apologizing to him. Even Robbie saw the issue, I'd say it's safe to say the ship has sailed.

He certainly crossed a line there ... but it is still a road from that to complete bully. He was getting his payback there, showing the little prick how it actually feels when other people pick on you all the time.

He could make good on his threat there ... or not. We have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I do think it'd be better for the show to have Anthony find a solution to his problem that isn't related to competing in the All Valley...it would be a better contrast to Kenny's journey as well. 

I agree but someone has to compete right, that's the whole premise of the series and movies, finish your battles in competition.

I'd actually not be surprised if they got away from the tourney stuff now - the whole backstory of Miguel's dad might have them explore organized crime. Which would also fit pretty well with Silver's plans to expand Cobra Kai - the entire enterprise has to be profitable, so we might finally leave the world of underage karate tourneys.

Considering how, well, disillusioned the main young characters were with the tourney and certain characters obsession with them, I'd expect that they will have different plans.

30 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Considering how, well, disillusioned the main young characters were with the tourney and certain characters obsession with them, I'd expect that they will have different plans.

Definitely agree they are growing tired of it, but if they resort to a battle dance off I am going to be pissed!

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Definitely agree they are growing tired of it, but if they resort to a battle dance off I am going to be pissed!

I didn't think about that ... more that we might get a larger kind of all-out battle. Assuming they really move the overall story on another level. But I really think that's their intention both with Miguel's dad and the empire Silver apparently wants to built.

The return of Chozen also seems to imply that stakes are going to get higher ... they did some foreshadowing there with the more dangerous Miyagi techniques, etc.

I'd really appreciate if the young guys got over their 'karate obession' and the gang thing and moved on, at least in part, with their skills coming to the fore not so much in tourney and in school but the larger world. We already had that with Kenny and Anthony being the 'school guys' while Sam and Robbie and Miguel all have more adult problems to deal with.

27 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm still pissed at Sam for the whole totalling Sensei Lawrence's ride fiasco.:D

Eta: I feel like the tables are interestingly being set for a Kreese redemption.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear they are setting him up for a comeback.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:04 AM, Arakasi said:

Sure but that was a show invention. They don’t need to have every character be redeemable. Sometimes bad guys are fun just to be bad guys.

The whole premise of the show is redeeming the “fun just to be a bad guy” of the Karate Kid with Johnny. So I don’t think it’s the kind of show where you’re going to have anyone completely irredeemably bad forever. They’ve done it with each of the “bad” kids, and they’re doing it with Kreese.

Archived