Cobra Kai

GoTCannibal

I have lost track which sensei is running the good kids dojo and which is up to take a turn as the villain dojo, but I'm certain this season ends with Daniel-san and Kreese making out after way too much saki.:lmao:

• 3 months later...

I still haven't watched Karate Kid Part III, though I've seen clips.  We don't really need every single character to return, and he didn't seem all that significant, except perhaps as a symbol of Daniel's regression as a character, which I don't need a reminder of.

• 3 weeks later...

I skimmed through some of the season and it looks like the Miguel/Robby stuff is really good.

I never commented on S4 but I thought it was a big improvement on S3. When I first finished S3, I wasn’t looking forward to the Robby/Tory romance, but it quickly became one of my favorite parts of the show. They’re the two characters I care about the most.

The problem with Hawk’s redemption is that he was the best young antagonist they had. Now there’s a hole to fill and I don’t know if anyone can fill it.

I think I liked this season more than season 4. My only real issue is, there really isn't much of a story left to tell and they're making a 6th season. This would have been a really good ending point and I feel like they might screw it up.

5 eps in. Starting on 6 as well.

Cobra Kai remains one of the best shows on television. I realized this after finishing 5. It's like the best Karate Kid fanfiction I did not know I needed.

Really glad that Miguel and Johnny are now family. 2 of my favorite characters. (And I really hated John Lawrence in the 1980's when I watched him as a little kid)

Chozen/John Lawrence buddy cop is just about perfect. I could watch a whole show based on this alone.

7 hours ago, sifth said:

I think I liked this season more than season 4. My only real issue is, there really isn't much of a story left to tell and they're making a 6th season. This would have been a really good ending point and I feel like they might screw it up.

Spoiler

Sekai Tekai

Wow, this season really had a potty mouth. :P

Finished and it was another solid season. Plenty of great things about it, but I still prefer season 4's ending. This one really went bananas at the end.

Spoiler

I did like how they cleverly increased the stakes at the beginning of the finale with Kreese's fake death so when other shit went down the danger was more palpable. And on top of that Chozen had left a heartfelt voicemail to Kimiko, and you knew he couldn't be the one to take down Silver, so that fight was edge of the seat stuff. 

I think the reason why I still prefer season 4's finale is due to the fight choreography, which continues to be at its strongest when they're in a tournament setting. So the best fight choreography in this season was in that mini tournament they had for the Sekai Taikai people. 

On that note, it was amusing to see Cobra Kai craft an "end-of-the-world" plot within their universe, and only these heroes could possibly take down the evil Silver from world domination. lol

This is the first season that really put Johnny on an upward path. Before he kept stumbling, two steps forward, one step backwards, but this time it was all improvement. So thankfully we got to see Daniel stumble quite a lot.

I liked the Mike Barnes and Jessica cameos, but I'm glad they were kept to cameos. The Barnes actor is not that good.

The developing relationship between Robbie and Miguel was another highlight of the show.

Archived