Cobra Kai

GoTCannibal

Sony moving ahead with a new Karate Kid movie:

Sony is looking for a 17-year-old male, Chinese actor who speaks both Mandarin and English. The character is referred to as Li and is said to be small for his age, but tough, smart and scrappy. He is said to be a skilled fighter and a student in Beijing who finds his life uprooted after his mother moves them to Brooklyn, New York.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

About the ending…. 

Hide contents

Why was only Silver arrested? For paying off that that referee a year ago? 

I think his legal defense is pretty solid. He was assaulted at his home, and at his dojo.

All self defense. 

Spoiler

He was arrested because Stingray told the detective that he lied. On top of the on camera confession. Of course, Stingray should be in legal trouble, too, though there may be a law that absolves people who gave false testimony if they can prove they were under duress. 

And yes, a lot of people should have been arrested just because cops are not going to deal with untangling such a mess on the spot.

But of course, all of this is part of the fantasy aspect of the show.

Finished yesterday. Pretty solid season, but I liked the fourth more.

Spoiler

Abrupt 180 degrees change in Robbie/Miguel relations after the fight seemed somewhat forced to me. Same with Kenny not listening to reason no matter what and being a real asshat, and then suddenly - seemingly - realising that.

They just keep rehabilitating antagonists, so who's gonna be next, Silver? ;) 

Loved Chozen character. For a moment I feared he plays a long game against Danny, but I'm glad they didn't go that route.

• 4 weeks later...

Second week in a row that Cobra Kai topped the Nielsen charts. It has more episodes than HOTD and ROP, but seeing as they’re mostly half-hour in length, I’d say that’s quite the accomplishment. And these are just the US numbers—this show is just as big in Latin America, and pretty big in Japan too.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/cobra-kai-season-5-ratings-house-of-the-dragon-rings-of-power-1235402590/amp/

Archived