Freedom: What's it worth?

Jace, Extat

11 hours ago, dmc515 said:

@larrytheimp how bout this?  You seem to have a stick up your ass about the fact bureaucracy - and more particularly careerist bureaucrats - are one of the last positive vestiges in government.  There's an example where many of them stood up to their boss.  In general, they don't get press.  But you're wrong.  So, thoroughly wrong.  Next time you want to bring up bureaucracy not helping you?  Try to remember all the times they do.

I'm not making a binary argument that bureaucracy is some evil thing incapable of functioning.  I've been responding to you absolutely losing your shit, so thoroughly losing your shit, over the phrase 'oligarchic bureaucracies' by providing examples of bureaucracies supporting oligarchies. 

Weren't you just complaining about people being incapable of nuance?  

I only chimed in here because you were so belligerent, so thoroughly belligerent, over that phrasing.  

On 4/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, larrytheimp said:

I've been responding to you absolutely losing your shit, so thoroughly losing your shit, over the phrase 'oligarchic bureaucracies' by providing examples of bureaucracies supporting oligarchies. 

Ok, but that was one post.  Two weeks ago, which I've responded to since in a pretty sober fashion.  Continuing to reply about it so much later, with absolutely no provocation, doesn't really suggest "only chiming in."

Archived