Sansa-8

Theon-4

Tyrion-10

Victarion-3

Prologue and, maybe Epilogue.

Total-102 or 103.

Good start! But,

Spoiler

do you really think Aeron will last three chapters? I give him just the one. Arianne's already got 2, so I think she'll get more than your 4.

.Hope you're right, giving Jon Snow 10. The way we left him, "zero" looked the most likely!

I think that maybe in TWOW there will be no POVs of Jon, Dany, Bran, Melisandre.

In Westeros there will be Aeron - 4 (and the last thing, that he will see prior his death, is Euron on Iron Throne), Theon/Asha - 6. Stannis - 1 (with his death in it). Sam and JonCon will be merged together at some point, when both of them will be at Citadel, so probably 3 JonCon's chapters, and then maybe 4 of Sam's (the last one on his way back to The Wall). Jeime/Brienne - 3 chapters prior they will part, and 2 more Jaime's after his return to KL, while Brienne's plotline will merge with Sansa's. Sansa - 2 chapters prior Jeime and Brienne will arrive to The Vale, and 3 more after that, 5 in total. Cersei - 10. In Meereen - Tyrion 12 (same as in ADWD), or maybe even more, probably he will be center-character of TWOW. Barristan - 12, though at certain point his and Tyrion's POV will merge. Victarion - 3 (in the last one he will be eaten by dragon). In Braavos and then in Westeros - Arya - 12 (at some point will merge with Sansa's). In Dorne - Areo/Arianne - 5. Prologue and Epilogue definitely.

84 chapters, including Prologue and Epilogue, 16 characters with POV.

45 minutes ago, zandru said:

Good start! But,

Reveal hidden contents

do you really think Aeron will last three chapters? I give him just the one. Arianne's already got 2, so I think she'll get more than your 4.

.Hope you're right, giving Jon Snow 10. The way we left him, "zero" looked the most likely!

Spoiler

Aeron will definetly have one more chapter.

5 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

?

King of what exactly is he? For example Dany is Queen of Meereen, because she conquered it. Though while Stannis was away in The North, he lost even Dragonstone. He's a self proclaimed King, which doesn't actually make him a King. Citizens of 7K, mostly ignored his summons, when he declared himself Robert's heir, and new King of 7K. Thus he is a King, only to a bunch of his own followers.

Also I think that GRRM will definitely show to readers, what Stannis will be thinking, when he will lose to Boltons, and will be executed, probably by Ramsey, even though he was supposed to be Azor Ahai and champion of R'hllor.

8 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Aeron-3

Areo-2

Arianne-4

Arya-10

Asha-2

Barristan-3

Bran-5

Brienne-4

Cersei-5

Daenerys-11

Davos-4

Jaime-4

JonCon-3

Jon Snow-10

Melisandre-2

Samwell-4

Sansa-8

Theon-4

Tyrion-10

Victarion-3

Prologue and, maybe Epilogue.

Total-102 or 103.

you left your Mel and Jon snow 

A bit like predicting lotto numbers this, can only make a few educated guesses based on what GRRM has said, what we can gauge from the sample chapters and earlier novels,

6 hours ago, Megorova said:

Stannis - 1

George has said on several occasions no new POV's so, no, sorry.

He has also said there will be a culling of existing POV's, probably when they meet up, and since it's George probably by killing one of them. So there maybe no Brienne or Jaime chapters, (My money would be on no Brienne.) Tyrion/Victarion/Barriston also merging and I can't see Tyrion being killed off (yet) so Vic and/or Barry may only get a couple of chapters.

Spoiler

Already know there is at least 1 Theon chapter so maybe no Asha chapters. Arianne has 2 sample chapters and probably at least 1 Jon Connington chapter (GRRM has said we will see the Golden Company assault on Storms End) but that maybe it for one of them.

7 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think that maybe in TWOW there will be no POVs of Jon, Dany, Bran, Melisandre.

You maybe right about Bran as he may simply know too much now to be given a POV. Kinda like how there never will be a Littlefinger or Varys chapter. However....

Spoiler

GRRM has said he has been writing a fair bit about the Dothraki, this will almost certainly be in Dany POV's. He has also said we will see Asshai in flashbacks, the only POV who has been to Asshai is Melisandre. Possible this could be in A Dream of Spring but we will certainly need a POV on the wall with Jon out of commission.

I think there will be Jon POV's but probably not many, and probably not until late into the book. I suspect the first of them maybe titled "Ghost".

15 minutes ago, Mick of House Guinness said:

He has also said there will be a culling of existing POV's, probably when they meet up, and since it's George probably by killing one of them.

:o Why to kill them? It isn't necessary for turning two POVs into one. Like in ADWD there were Asha's chapters and Theons. But in TWOW both of them are in the same place, so there will be no more Asha's POV, and we will see their future thru Theon's POV. Barristan and Tyrion fairly soon also will be in the same place. And probably there will be Jaime's POV, when he's with Brienne, and then Brienne will be with Sansa, so we will know about her, from then on, only from Sansa's POV, thus there's no need for Brienne to have her own separate POV in next books.

20 minutes ago, Mick of House Guinness said:

George has said on several occasions no new POV's so, no, sorry.

If I remember correctly (though I may be wrong), all Prologues and Epilogues had new characters, thru whose POV the book was beginning or ending. I remember for sure only Prologue of AGOT, where there was POV of Night's Watch crow, Prologue of ACOK where there was POV of maester Cressen, Prologue of ADWD with wildling warg Valamyr's POV, and ADWD Epilogue with Kevan Lannister's POV. So maybe GRRM didn't included Prologues and Epilogues, when he said about 'no more new POVs'. 

30 minutes ago, Mick of House Guinness said:

the only POV who has been to Asshai is Melisandre.

Quaithe is also from Asshai. And maester Marwyn also was there, he was teacher of Mirri Maz Duur. And maybe Moqorro also visited Asshai.

They may not have POVs, but they may show to someone else, thru fire of glass candle, visions of their past in Asshai.

Daenerys - 8

Tyrion - 7

Arya - 7

Sansa - 7

Jon - 6

Bran - 6

Cersei - 5

Davos - 4

Samwell - 4

Theon - 3

Jaime - 3

Brienne - 3

Arianne - 3

Asha - 3

Melisandre - 3

Barristan - 3

Aeron - 2

Victarion - 2

JonCon - 2

Areo Hotah - 1

Prologue, no Epilogue.  83 chapters (1 more than ASOS, the longest so far)

14 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Total-102 or 103.

This is way too many, unless his chapters become a lot shorter than they have been.

Given that TWOW is (officially, at least) half of the remaining story, I can't see leaving out main characters such as Daenerys and Bran.  I also think Jon is either not dead (my choice) or will be resurrected quickly.

Stannis - 1

GRRM has said there will be no new POVs.  While I can see the possibility of adding POVs for coverage, I don't see Stannis getting added.

13 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Still Stannis is a king, and no king will ever be POV.

If you're right about that, then this is a confirmation, that Bran is not the Night's King.

14 minutes ago, Nevets said:

This is way too many, unless his chapters become a lot shorter than they have been.

One of Barristan's chapters in TWOW was very short, tiny.

5 minutes ago, Megorova said:

One of Barristan's chapters in TWOW was very short, tiny.

I haven't seen that one.  All the preview chapters I have seen have been pretty substantial. 

Both ASOS and ADWD were about 425,000 words, and GRRM has said that ADWD was about as long as could be published.  ADWD was 73 chapters, which is unworkable with the current number of POVs.  

7 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I haven't seen that one.  All the preview chapters I have seen have been pretty substantial.

That chapter is 3,159 words long.

For example his chapters in ADWD were - The Queensguard 4,739; The Discarded Knight 4,106; The Kingbreaker 6,456.

So Barristan's chapter in TWOW is 25% or 50% shorter than his chapters in ADWD.

Nice idea @Kandrax, this has me thinking.  I have been sort of bored with the interminable wait for Winds but this is a fun topic to read opinions on.  Mine align pretty closely with yours with one major exception.  I think this book is going to be veryyyyy Essos centric, which sucks for me since I am not interested in Essos at all, but oh well.

Aeron - 2

Areo - 1

Arianne - 5

Arya - 8

Asha - 4

Barristan - 2

Bran - 5

Brienne - 1

Cersei - 5

Daenerys - 10

Davos - 3

Jaime - 4

JonCon - 3

Jon Snow - 0 (I believe he will be resurrected / never died in the first place, but he will cease to be a POV now)

Melisandre - 2

Samwell - 6

Sansa - 7

Theon - 2

Tyrion - 9

Victarion - 4

83 chapters not counting the prolouge or epilouge.

Archived