Video Games: A Far Cry From E3

KiDisaster

Old thread is at locking age. 

With E3 only a couple months out there's a lot of speculation about what we'll see announced and what previously announced titles we'll get release dates or more info about. Anything specific you're all hoping to see? 

Personally with the recent Sam Fisher event they added to Wildlands I'm really hoping Ubi announce a new Splinter Cell game. The world, as always, needs more stealth games. 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

With E3 only a couple months out there's a lot of speculation about what we'll see announced and what previously announced titles we'll get release dates or more info about. Anything specific you're all hoping to see? 

Personally with the recent Sam Fisher event they added to Wildlands I'm really hoping Ubi announce a new Splinter Cell game. The world, as always, needs more stealth games. 

Been a long time since I played a Splinter Cell game.  Don't remember if it was SC 2 or 3 that was my last one, but those first few games were great.

There's a part of me that is irrationally excited for Dragon Quest XI on the PS4.  I'd love it on Switch, but don't have a desire to wait for it.  I'm bummed that I never had a chance to play IX since it was only on DS.

46 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Been a long time since I played a Splinter Cell game.  Don't remember if it was SC 2 or 3 that was my last one, but those first few games were great.

There's a part of me that is irrationally excited for Dragon Quest XI on the PS4.  I'd love it on Switch, but don't have a desire to wait for it.  I'm bummed that I never had a chance to play IX since it was only on DS.

I feel like the last one I played was on a goddamn Gamecube.

50 minutes ago, Rhom said:

1 through 3 was definitely the high point of the series. Chaos Theory (the third one) is one of the best stealth games ever made in my book.

Things really went downhill after that though. They turned it into more of a cover shooter with Conviction and that was the last one I played. I heard Blacklist is better and I might give it a shot at some point though. 

My only worry is that they'll turn it into another open world action game because it's Ubisoft. 

3 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

I’d love to see something on the FF7 remake. When was that announcement, two years ago? I think I heard that the project is having troubles. 

2 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

My only worry is that they'll turn it into another open world action game because it's Ubisoft. 

Metal Gear Solid went open world... so wouldn’t be a surprise to see SC do it too I guess.

4 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

It was weird that Bethesda's next game wasn't announced last year as apparently was planned, but given it's a year later and it's not out, that seems to have worked out. I imagine this year would be the time for it.

It would be interesting if Rockstar confirmed GTA6. I believe the longest that they've gone from release of one GTA game to the announcement of the next is 3 years, so to be 5 years on from GTA5 and no news of the next one is bizarre.

Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like it'll be given a full exposure at the convention which is way past time.

Speaking of Splinter Cell & Metal Gear I don't know if any of you saw this already, but the Sam Fisher update for Wildlands included this little reference. I thought it was pretty cool. 

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/984066835422351362

12 minutes ago, Werthead said:

It was weird that Bethesda's next game wasn't announced last year as apparently was planned, but given it's a year later and it's not out, that seems to have worked out. I imagine this year would be the time for it.

It would be interesting if Rockstar confirmed GTA6. I believe the longest that they've gone from release of one GTA game to the announcement of the next is 3 years, so to be 5 years on from GTA5 and no news of the next one is bizarre.

Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like it'll be given a full exposure at the convention which is way past time.

They're still making an ungodly amount of money on GTA5 so it's not too surprising I guess. I was listening to the Giant Bombcast from earlier this week and they were talking about GTA5 being the most profitable entertainment product in history apparently. 90 million copies sold and over 6 billion dollars in revenue. 

I am so ready for any news on Cyberpunk. 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Speaking of Splinter Cell & Metal Gear I don't know if any of you saw this already, but the Sam Fisher update for Wildlands included this little reference. I thought it was pretty cool. 

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/984066835422351362

They're still making an ungodly amount of money on GTA5 so it's not too surprising I guess. I was listening to the Giant Bombcast from earlier this week and they were talking about GTA5 being the most profitable entertainment product in history apparently. 90 million copies sold and over 6 billion dollars in revenue. 

I am so ready for any news on Cyberpunk. 

Probably because most of us ended up buying it like three fucking times on various systems.  :lol:

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Probably because most of us ended up buying it like three fucking times on various systems.  :lol:

I just waited for the PC version, since from the previous games it was clear that it was going to be the definitive article and so it proved. Waiting 14 months (IIRC) was taking a piss a little though. Still better that we at least knew it was coming out on PC, which isn't the case for RDR2.

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

I just waited for the PC version, since from the previous games it was clear that it was going to be the definitive article and so it proved. Waiting 14 months (IIRC) was taking a piss a little though. Still better that we at least knew it was coming out on PC, which isn't the case for RDR2.

Pretty sure I bought it on the 360, the PS4, and the PC.  :(

10 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

I badly want Bloodborne 2 or whatever that game is Fromsoft has been teasing the last year or so that looks like it could be Bloodborne 2.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

I badly want Bloodborne 2 or whatever that game is Fromsoft has been teasing the last year or so that looks like it could be Bloodborne 2.

What does the tease look like? I've been thinking that some kind of Sci Fi souls game would be cool.

I'm really hoping we'll see some Gameplay or a release date from Capcom about the Resident Evil 2 Remake. I'm still in that camp where i think the game will have Fixed Angles and all that good stuff. 

But what i'm hoping we'll see that isn't even confirmed at this point is a new Fallout game, maybe a Spin off like New Vegas or maybe a complete Remake off the first two fallout games. But knowing most of the newer fans wouldn't buy it, since they're RTS games and mostly younger and newer fans would never touch it.

But i'm hoping we'll see a "A Game Of Thrones" game set in the world of ASOIAF. I know they passed it down to make Skyrim, but i believe they are working on one. 

That's the things i hope or expect to see at E3. 

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Ha, ok, not much to go on, except that it will have something to do with east Asia and not be sci fi.

Anyway, Sega announced tonight that they're putting out Shenmue 1 and 2 on modern platforms. I liked Shenmue back in the day. I played some of Shenmue 2 and always sort of meant to go back and finish it. I don't know though. I just think those games would feel colossally dated now. Apparently they're going to refresh the graphics a little bit and add "modern" controls, but I think the pacing will be all off and the gameplay just not engaging enough. 

Archived