Video Games: A Far Cry From E3

KiDisaster

Personally, just not a huge fan of the survival genre.  I find the games are fun for a while, but have short shelf lives.  I played Rust back when it was early access and had a hell of a time building the Tower of Mordor (fucking thing was like thirty stories high and took me two weeks to build), but there's only so much you can do before you inevitably get bored, or you complete your masterpiece like I did, it survives a few raids, and then the server resets and you lose everything.  Once the server reset, I just said fuck it, because while finishing that massive tower and defending it a few times was immensely fun, I had no desire to actually go through the tedious work of doing anything like it again.

It sounds like the new Fallout will be doing some tweaks on the existing survival formula, but I don't have high hopes for a Bethesda multi-player game in general because they always release every game buggy as shit.  Game probably won't be playable for a month after launch, and the always-online nature of the game means that modders won't be able to fix the game for Bethesda like they do with all the company's other Fallout and ES games.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I dunno why anyone would have expected a full Fallout game not called Fallout 5. or Fallout: Some location.

It is Fallout: Some Location. The game is set in and around Vault 76, same deal as New Vegas.

Those of us who paid attention to the leaks knew what was coming, but for those who only saw the teaser 2 or 3 weeks ago, they thought it was a full-sized Fallout game, just not called "5" because it was using the same engine and not introducing lots of new mechanics (similar to the relationship between NV and FO3). When they realised it's a tangential spin-off, they got really pissed off because the first trailer did not make it clear that this was an online-only game.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Agreed. Looks like a futuristic GTA. Gonna need more.

True but cdpr is one of the few developers who I'm willing to just "trust" .

I'm just waiting for bioware to die already so other developers can eat up their RPG turf . It's gonna be bittersweet the because some of my favorite IP's will die with it . 

Creative assembly have been stepping up their game these last 5 years .I've sunk so many hours into mortal empire in Warhammer .so yeah I'm fairly excited about 3 kingdoms . 

Anyone play The Council ? Just picked it up and it seemed interesting with a complex narrative. 

7 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Last of us 2 trailer just blew my pants off. The combat looks more personal in this campaign. Pumped AF!!!!

I assume it will be up on Youtube shortly. Not watching any live E3 stuff. It's 90% tedium / games I have no interest in, and 7.5% stuff I'm mildly interested in, but presented in a really cheesy way, 2.5% actual interesting stuff that gets me excited. Only when a brand new console is being announced do things get more interesting than that. I assume no new console announcement this time. Which means a PS5 in 2020 I would think.

36 minutes ago, Marko Antonivic said:

Waist high foliage, the all purpose stealth mechanic for every action game.

Not sure I like Ellie telling her friend he's gonna get his girl back soon, and then has a public snog session with that very woman a minute later. Though I guess in that world you've got to take intimacy whenever and however it's offered, so maybe the guy won't be that upset about it?

That does look awesome.  The teaser trailer last year with the guitar was great, but seeing the gameplay in action was fantastic.  Can’t wait.

59 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Waist high foliage, the all purpose stealth mechanic for every action game.

Not sure I like Ellie telling her friend he's gonna get his girl back soon, and then has a public snog session with that very woman a minute later. Though I guess in that world you've got to take intimacy whenever and however it's offered, so maybe the guy won't be that upset about it?

Shades of ubisoft 

Now that I think about it , yeah that's kind of a dick move lol 

The dude mentioned “your old man” to Ellie so.... yeah Joel’s involvement in the game is still vague, but he’s there... somewhere? Clearly Ellie is the focal point in this game. Whether or not we get to play as Joel at all as we did a small portion for Ellie in the first game is to be determined. Excited with the trailer we got, but disappointed there was no release date. Oh well. 

52 minutes ago, Fez said:

I thought the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer looked incredible and y'all are crazy.

Sure, it looked slick and cool and whatever. But as Ross said, it just looked like GTA 2077. If that's what it Is, ok. Whatever. 

And that's my reaction. 

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

The dude mentioned “your old man” to Ellie so.... yeah Joel’s involvement in the game is still vague, but he’s there... somewhere? Clearly Ellie is the focal point in this game. Whether or not we get to play as Joel at all as we did a small portion for Ellie in the first game is to be determined. Excited with the trailer we got, but disappointed there was no release date. Oh well. 

Yeah , I liked that he called him her old man , like it's generally accepted that he's her papa bear . Game won't be the same without the smooth smokey voice of Troy baker . I was kinda hoping that Ellie went nuts and we get to hear Joel in her head , silly but would've been fun imo .but Ellie is cool , she's our baby girl all grown up !

Yeah I don't think it'll be coming anytime soon either.

Archived