U.S. Politics: Who's Cohen Down?

LongRider

12 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

So, were the attacks effective as Mattis claims? Is Syria at all slowed down in deploying chlorine and seren?

What is to stop them getting chemicals from Russia, Iran, or NK? Why did Syria need its own program?

Mattis admitted this does not mean Syria will never again mount a chemical attack. 

The U.S does not know what to do so we will drop bombs and fire missiles with help from France and the U.K.

The whole strike is very Clintonesque. 

3 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

The U.S does not know what to do so we will drop bombs and fire missiles with help from France and the U.K.

The whole strike is very Clintonesque. 

Some conservative are calling him Donald Bush now after this. We should call him Donald Clinton.

It does look a lot like what a series of Presidents would do. At least avoided looking like Obama.

I’m a Peeliever and You Should Be, Too

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/im-a-peeliever-and-you-should-be-too.html

3. Trump has mixed his denials of the pee tape with obvious lies. Comey’s account describes Trump denying the pee tape, and, in the same breath, denying things that happened on a tape that has been seen by the entire country:

Trump also tried to convince Comey that he had not mocked disabled New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski at a campaign rally, and then turned to the detailed allegations of sexual assault against him.

33 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Had a missile on your couch before? 

Technically, I don't even have a couch.  Must be a luxury for you.  How long you wanna play the morally superior game?

16 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I’m a Peeliever

That needs to go on a t-shirt yesterday.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Technically, I don't even have a couch.  Must be a luxury for you.  How long you wanna play the morally superior game?

I don’t have a couch either, but then I’ve rarely had occasion to delve into the psychology/motivations/intent of missiles. I supposed you were speaking from experience, my bad. 

Amyways, whole thing is moot. After I posted, I got tens and tens of thousands of calls from the civilians killed in Iraq II, and like me they hadn’t realized the foreigners who killed them and their families were trying ever so hard not to, and now that that’s cleared up about it they feel much better about the whole thing. Some even went so far as to say they feel less dead, which was nice to hear.

Probably the US’ efforts to suppress civilian casualty numbers was on account of feeling so gosh darned guilty about it, like ‘it looks like they are disrespecting the civilans’ loss in favour of strategic priorities but ironically it’s a case where they were so respectful that they overcompensated’ kind of thing. Again, good to know because otherwise is just looks like a kind of weak semantic distinction largely dependant on whose side is damaging the collaterals.

White woman gets her husband to shoot shotgun at black kid who knocked on their door asking for directions to school after missing the bus.

The kid (who's phone had been taken by his mom for disciplinary reasons) chose their house because he saw a neighborhood watch sticker and thought they would be a safe house to approach.

I’m a Peeliever

I thought the tape was a fairy tale. Too perfect for belief. It is a rumor out to get me, and the disappointment haunted my dreams.

Then I read the book, now I am Peeliever. Now I read Comey and I believe. Not a trace or doubt in my mind mmm-oh there is a tape. Oh, I am a Peeliever and I believe there is a tape.

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I don’t have a couch either, but then I’ve rarely had occasion to delve into the psychology/motivations/intent of missiles. I supposed you were speaking from experience, my bad. 

Amyways, whole thing is moot. After I posted, I got tens and tens of thousands of calls from the civilians killed in Iraq II, and like me they hadn’t realized the foreigners who killed them and their families were trying ever so hard not to, and now that that’s cleared up about it they feel much better about the whole thing. Some even went so far as to say they feel less dead, which was nice to hear.

Probably the US’ efforts to suppress civilian casualty numbers was on account of feeling so gosh darned guilty about it, like ‘it looks like they are disrespecting the civilans’ loss in favour of strategic priorities but ironically it’s a case where they were so respectful that they overcompensated’ kind of thing. Again, good to know because otherwise is just looks like a kind of weak semantic distinction largely dependant on whose side is damaging the collaterals.

Gotcha, you wanna play the long game with moral superiority and infantile self-righteous indignation. 

Amyways, comparing the strikes to Iraq I, let alone Iraq II, is incredibly dumb.  They hit a research center, storage facility, and an equipment facility/command post.  You wanna argue that's ultimately pointless?  Fair enough, glad to have that discussion.  But I'm not going to entertain the pathetic line of argument you're pursuing.  The US military does plenty of more damage throughout the world on a daily basis than striking those three targets.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Gotcha, you wanna play the long game with moral superiority and infantile self-righteous indignation. 

Amyways, comparing the strikes to Iraq I, let alone Iraq II, is incredibly dumb.  They hit a research center, storage facility, and an equipment facility/command post.  You wanna argue that's ultimately pointless?  Fair enough, glad to have that discussion.  But I'm not going to entertain the pathetic line of argument you're pursuing.  The US military does plenty of more damage throughout the world on a daily basis than striking those three targets.

No, this is on you.

I had not commented on these attacks since they happened until you brought it up. You might assume that is because I feel this was handled better, so far as we know/it goes. But by all means, flail away. 

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I had not commented on these attacks since they happened until you brought it up. You might assume that is because I feel this was handled better, so far as we know/it goes. But by all means, flail away. 

Um, I was originally responding to this:

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Had a missile on your couch before? 

I know, made that radical assumption you were talking about the US bombings.  But whatever, I'm more than happy to let things lie as long as you don't guilt me like a Catholic/Jewish mom.

Archived