U.S. Politics: Who's Cohen Down?

LongRider

18 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Sean Hannity revealed as Cohen's third unknown client. The plot lines for this month stretch incredulity; recycling plots and characters for convenience doesn't make sense here. 

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/985953454668570630

This is making Twitter blow up right now. If Fox News has any ethics, Hannity would be in deep shit for not revealing this after he has spent weeks of his program railing against Mueller's pursuit of Cohen. Instead I'm sure they will roll out more "news" like the sex-crazed pandas tonight to avoid talking about it. 

From what I’vd heard so far, no way were Cohen and Hannity in a lawyer/client relationship. Maybe a lawyer in the US can tell us if Hannity paying ten bucks to Cohen every now and then turns their conversations into confidential discussions. Otherwise Cohen never billed Hannity or opened a file, Hannity says, they just had occasional conversations on points.

As I said, maybe Cohen was a conduit for information from Trump.

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

From what I’vd heard so far, no way were Cohen and Hannity in a lawyer/client relationship. Maybe a lawyer in the US can tell us if Hannity paying ten bucks to Cohen every now and then turns their conversations into confidential discussions. Otherwise Cohen never billed Hannity or opened a file, Hannity says, they just had occasional conversations on points.

As I said, maybe Cohen was a conduit for information from Trump.

I don't think payment matters.  I have plenty of clients who have not and will never pay me (mind you, I also have an engagement letter defining the scope of the work I am doing pro bono).  Here's an article in Law360 on in.  Let me know if it is behind a paywall.  

But basically my understanding is that there is a reasonable person test, and it has to do with giving advice and receipt of confidential information.

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

This is making Twitter blow up right now. If Fox News has any ethics, Hannity would be in deep shit for not revealing this after he has spent weeks of his program railing against Mueller's pursuit of Cohen. Instead I'm sure they will roll out more "news" like the sex-crazed pandas tonight to avoid talking about it. 

Depends. Fox executives don't like being lied to either; there could well be repercussions for him behind the scenes (assuming he was lying and they didn't all know). Also, the Disney purchase of 21st Century Fox, sans Fox News, hasn't closed yet; and there's been plenty of stories about the heads of others Fox departments (especially during the Ailes stuff) not being happy with how things have been run over at Fox News.

It seems this is so fresh that no journalist has had the time to write about it yet:

From agent orange:

Tomorrow is Tax Day, and remember this: This is the LAST TIME you're going to fill out that long, complicated, horrible return!

He said that it would make everyone happy, except the professionals being paid to help people file their tax return. Next year there will be a single page to fill in.

15 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

It seems this is so fresh that no journalist has had the time to write about it yet:

From agent orange:

He said that it would make everyone happy, except the professionals being paid to help people file their tax return. Next year there will be a single page to fill in.

:rofl:

Um, I'm one of those professionals.  The law formerly known as HR 1 (it doesn't have an official title for complicated reasons) should be called the "Tax Professional Full Employment Act."  I'm good, thanks.

3 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

But basically my understanding is that there is a reasonable person test, and it has to do with giving advice and receipt of confidential information.

My first thoughts were "Hannity has bimbo eruptions?"     Guess he needed professional advice.
Must not be Cohen too well.      :lol:

Oh, and fuck those guys.

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

He'll just tell his audience he's asked God for forgiveness and that'll be that. 

God sure has to extend a lot of forgiveness during the Trump era, and he ain't done yet.

8 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I'm almost upset by this news because now I can consider the seductive possibility that it's something far worse and Hannity is in life-ruining trouble. 

This is a good point because Cohen isn't under investigation because he fixed Trump's sex affairs problems, it's because of possible crimes, most likely financial and perhaps others, that he may have committed.   Is Sean involved with any of these, will he be tainted by them?   hmmmmmm         

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Would anyone be surprised if SH is getting Russian money?  Seems almost a given at this point.  Not sure what the rules even are there given that he's a journalist talking head.

That was my immediate thought, and then it was confirmed when he said he gets Real Estate advice from Cohen.

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Would anyone be surprised if SH is getting Russian money?  Seems almost a given at this point.  Not sure what the rules even are there given that he's a journalist talking head.

Hadn't thought of that, interesting.   Shady investments and Russian $$, just as a thought experiment? Oh I hope he and Cohen wrote lotsa emails. 

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

That was my immediate thought, and then it was confirmed when he said he gets Real Estate advice from Cohen.

He said that!?   (jumps up and down).  Oh goody!

Archived