LongRider

U.S. Politics: Who's Cohen Down?

2 hours ago, Shryke said:

The point of Giuliani is not to be a lawyer. He's a shitty lawyer. The point is his tons of personal connections within the FBI, especially the NY branches.

Giuliani was one of the main sources of leaks during the campaign from the Clinton-haters within the FBI (tons in the NY branch from what we know from reporting) and he pushed that stuff into the media all the time.

His now self-admitted role in Trump's defence will be to get information about the Cohen case especially to Trump's people and to try and use his personal connections to influence and stymie the investigation.

I think that's what Trump wants/expects, but not what will happen. Per WH leaks, Giuliani didn't want to be on the legal team and it took a lot of cajoling to get him to join. I suspect the issue is that the people he knows in the FBI's NY Branch are not on the Cohen case (and certainly aren't on Mueller's team) and therefore he won't be able to provide information.

If his connections were able to get him anything, there'd already be a lot more news about both investigations; because they didn't just leak to him, they went to the press multiple times (remember that NYT article right before the election with unnamed sources saying that neither Trump or his campaign were under investigation?)

Posted (edited)

Should be some great stuff in discovery...

DNC sues Russian government, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks alleging 2016 conspiracy plot

'This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery,' DNC Chair Tom Perez said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/20/dnc-sue-trump-campaign-russia-plot-539521

The Democratic National Committee alleges in a new multimillion dollar lawsuit that the Russian government, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks engaged in a sweeping plot to interfere in the 2016 election in President Donald Trump's favor.

The lawsuit accuses top officials for the Trump campaign, Russian government officials and their military intelligence service, the GRU, of engaging in a vast, coordinated effort to inflict damage on Trump’s general election rival, Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Edited by Martell Spy

Giuliani will continue to be what he has been for the past decade:  pathetic, ineffective, and noticeably bad lower teeth.

Posted (edited)

Even more interesting, Trump has finally found some real lawyers to join his team, a husband and wife who both have a history as federal prosecutors and have a Miami based firm specializing in white collar crime. Jane and Marty Raskin both have excellent reputations.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/politics/trump-jane-and-marty-raskin-legal-team/index.html

eta: This follows the earlier discussion Zabs and I had about boutique law firms probably being the way Trump has to go, because the big firms look on him like kryptonite.

Edited by Fragile Bird

42 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Meh, "post" indicates after the fact, which isn't really accurate.  It's like you're defining 2 + 2 when I'm looking for 2 * 2.

It doesn't.  It just means I'm not going to judge them for having the same problems just because they judge me.

Honestly I feel this is more of a plus situation than a multiply one, but if you’d like, I can offer “Snowballing Hypocriticalism” or  “Hypocriticalism Proliferation.” Play around with those if you’d like.

Best I got for ya man.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honestly I feel this is more of a plus situation than a multiply one, but if you’d like, I can offer “Snowballing Hypocriticalism” or  “Hypocriticalism Proliferation.” Play around with those if you’d like.

Best I got for ya man.

I'll continue to play the field...:P

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

A primary fact about people with real money and assets, they don't talk about them.  They prefer people not know their real worth at all. They often go out of their way to conceal serious information about their worth and assets.

Not exactly. That’s more of the divide between old and new money.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not exactly. That’s more of the divide between old and new money.

I give you Cargill.  Try and find out info about them or any of the family.

Founded in 1865, it is the largest privately held corporation in the United States in terms of revenue.