Why can't we abandon religion the same way we abandoned the gold standard?

chuck norris 42

I have. Now it's all about the ancient aliens

I wish we would abandon high fructose corn syrup

I can get behind not throwing things in wells too...

but damn you all, I will never abandon the baked potato (unless butter is no more, then there is no point in a baked potato)

22 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I don't think commodity money continues to make sense on any level, anywhere.

Well the gold standard does have some advantages for certain sort of people, to be fair I guess. When the demand for gold surges, and private producers can’t accommodate it quickly enough, certain sorts of people can sit around  theorizing about “Great Vacation” theories of unemployment and other certain sorts of people can get paid big money by the Wall Street Journal by writing columns about why the unemployment is due to “structural” reasons.

Perhaps I’m not being fair to these people as I’m not sufficiently weighting their gains in my social utility function.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:06 PM, Robin Of House Hill said:

Why can't we abandon all hope, ye who enter here?

Because without that line,  Dantes Inferno would lose some of its hard hitting literally impact .

On 4/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, larrytheimp said:

Why can't we abandon alcohol the way we abandoned cociane?

Why can't I abandon eating a half-pound log of mozarella in one go the way I abandon responsibilities, personal hygiene, and commitments of all kinds?

To answer those questions, you must consult  the highest source of wisdom and enlightenment ever devised by mankind,  the Magic Eight Ball.   It has all the answers to all of the questions. 

On 4/20/2018 at 1:46 PM, dmc515 said:

Is this a personal or societal question?  Because the answers are very different.

Which is why one should defer to Magic Eight Ball . It's also good for Stockmarket tips. 

Archived