What would you do in (F)Aegons shoes?

Stormking902

Lets say you are (F)Aegon and so far everything is cannon accept you and JonCon litterally just took SE and raised the Targaryans banner once more, whats your next move? 

I have been playing this scenario out in my mind and with a buddy of mine and would like to know some of your opinions as well.

50 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Good question.

Personally, I would march on Kings Landing right away. Swift, blitzkrieg-style action. If I'm able to defeat the Tyrell-Lannister army, and take the capital, the war's all but won.

I always favor pressing the action as well but in this case does Faegon have a large enough army to attack KL while 20k Tyrell men are present, and who knows how many Lannister men?. 

6 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

I always favor pressing the action as well but in this case does Faegon have a large enough army to attack KL while 20k Tyrell men are present, and who knows how many Lannister men?. 

There aren't that many Lannister soldiers left, unless you count those who besieged Dragonstone.Also, I'd suggest that the Golden Company are so highly disciplined compared to other 7K armies that they can take on much higher numbers. 

I think Aegon would have to defeat the Tyrells in the field before marching on Kings Landing. Many on here believe that will happen early on in Winds, and I tend to agree.

Irrespective, I think that once the Stomlands are secured, marching on KL as soon as possible is necessary. Once he takes the Iron Throne, he becomes king in more than name.

There are some lords in Stormlands who took no part in Wot5K, I'll start with winning them and the Dorne to my cause. Dorne and Dany are already allies through blood relation and common goal, so I'll offer to Mace a marriage with Margaery(Annul the one with Tommen) and try to arrange a marriage between Willas and Arianne, or Loras and Arianne.

Ravens to Northern lords so they are given a chance to avenge their beloved Ned, brave Robb and any relatives lost in RW. May actually send a Raven to cousin Stannis also, who is the most just and dutiful men known to 7K at the time, offering him a pardon and his ancestral lands, he may even keep dragonstone as heir presumptive and retain his council position. I'll even offer him a daughter if he manages to get himself a son. Or perhaps auntie Dany for him if Selyse dies.

Thank the Seven that Euron is attacking the Reach which is helping his cause. Once he hears Daenerys is MIA and isn't going to be ready to help his conquest anytime soon he should marry Arianne and get Dorne's armies. Then pray his "friends from the Reach" are ready for him to take King's Landing and turn on the Reach lords loyal to the Lannisters/Tyrells. Tell Varys and his birds to quit messing with Cersei and finally kill her already. Once he has King's Landing then he can reassess everything and go from there. Send an envoy to the Iron Bank and tell them Stannis is frozen is in the North and the "real Targaryen king" is back in charge and if they want to see some repayment send him some ships and gold ASAP. Also do everything he can to support the faith and smallfolk so they are on his side. Then if his Aunt isn't willing to become his second wife and co ruler and instead decides to try ro usurp him she'll look like a foreign invader with savage armies trying to kinslay him for ultimate power.

41 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

There are some lords in Stormlands who took no part in Wot5K, I'll start with winning them and the Dorne to my cause. Dorne and Dany are already allies through blood relation and common goal, so I'll offer to Mace a marriage with Margaery(Annul the one with Tommen) and try to arrange a marriage between Willas and Arianne, or Loras and Arianne.

Ravens to Northern lords so they are given a chance to avenge their beloved Ned, brave Robb and any relatives lost in RW. May actually send a Raven to cousin Stannis also, who is the most just and dutiful men known to 7K at the time, offering him a pardon and his ancestral lands, he may even keep dragonstone as heir presumptive and retain his council position. I'll even offer him a daughter if he manages to get himself a son. Or perhaps auntie Dany for him if Selyse dies.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Lady Jowana said:

I would pursue Doran Martell to side with me so he could fulfil his revenge on the Lannisters. I might have to marry Arianne but who wouldn't love that.

Seriously though Arianne is probably the hottest woman currently alive in asoiaf, I put her over the little girl Danny and Margery Tyrell and Sansa any day. 

2 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Seriously though Arianne is probably the hottest woman currently alive in asoiaf, I put her over the little girl Danny and Margery Tyrell and Sansa any day. 

What fAegon needs is not a pretty wife but a wife with many swords.

3 hours ago, Lady Jowana said:

True, thats why i doubt if she'd agree to marry this Aegon.

If Faegon wins he would be king of Westeros which makes him the greatest bachelor available x 100 lol, not to mention he has those Valaryian traits we know Arrianne is into. 

Generally listen to Jon Connington, Varys, and Illyrio. Don't let Elia Sand seduce you. Be very, very careful around Arianne Martell. Try to make common cause with the North and Riverlands and the Vale (needs to remove Littlefinger although he has no reason to know how important that is). Win the hearts of the common people and the faith. Split the Reach in half.

Assuming his conquest in Westeros goes well, he has to pray that Daenerys doesn't listen to Tyrion (or that she never comes to Westeros) but this will likely be his downfall. As soon as possible he needs to consider sabotaging her ships and gaining more influence in Essoss. He can't actually fight her at sea because the Dragons will crush almost any size navy. Figure out how to kill Dragons if they do make it to Westeros.

But of course the biggest threat may be Winter and the Others but again he has no way of knowing about that.

13 minutes ago, TMIFairy said:

At this point Daenaerys is a non factor - as far as fAegon knows she is "somewhere in Essos". Half a year sailing time away.

Yep.  And even though Tyrion thinks he tricked fAegon into going west when he should have gone east, at the time Dany is consumed by paranoia over prophecy.  Look how poorly she greeted Quentyn Martell, who is the first blood relative she's ever known outside of Viserys.  Even Barristan thinks that if Quentyn had by physically attractive, Dany would have behaved differently.  Dany is constantly counting betrayals and actively looking for who will be next, instead of attempting good governance.  She would have soured on fAegon right away, and her distrust of sellswords, even a company founded by her kin, would have driven them away, or worse, into war with Dany.

fAegon did the right thing, even if given bad advice to do so.  GRRM will come up with some nonsense to get Dany back in Westeros by the end of TWOW, but at the time of fAegon's introduction to the Golden Company, she really is a non-factor.  She's off miscarrying in the Dothraki Sea, while her army is destroyed from within, and her city under siege.  fAegon is the only Targaryan handling Targaryan business.  Give this cocky little shit and JonCon a single dragon and he conquers the 7K inside a year.

31 minutes ago, TMIFairy said:

At this point Daenaerys is a non factor - as far as fAegon knows she is "somewhere in Essos". Half a year sailing time away.

Half a year is not a long time. Connington is completely aware of the military threat and the advantage that Dragons can give her. He mentions that Aegon must remain free to marry her. What he doesn't know however is that Aegon isn't really her brother, and he certainly doesn't know that Tyrion is probably aware of it. He will still be wary of her because that is his nature, but he isn't going to risk offending her by taking proactive actions which he probably needs to.

I would have gone to Dany to get those dragons or at least to steal one or something. I mean he has Targ blood right? People are going to think he's a fake but with a dragon he looks more legitimate. I'd try to do everything in my power to appear to be the son of Rhaegar. 

Archived