Mance Rayder violated guest rights!

Wolf's Bane

18 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

:P:P:P  :D this is so ridiculous

So why was Mance Rayder at Winterfell and why did he go through the trouble of getting Arya out?  Because he didn't know she was fake and Jon ordered him to bring back his sister.  And he did, in fact, get fArya out of Winterfell.  He definitely was not there to sign a recording contract.  He sings passably but not that good.  

On 4/17/2018 at 7:41 AM, Wolf's Bane said:

It is my opinion that Mance Rayder broke guest rights when he entered Winterfell and stole fArya from the Boltons. 

Jon Snow and Mellissandre convinced Mance Rayder to steal fArya Stark from her husband, Ramsay Bolton.

Mance lied and presented himself as a traveling entertainer (bard).

Mance and his women ate the food and drank the wine of their hosts, the Boltons.

They commit murder beneath the roof of their guests.  They murdered the Bolton serving men.  

They remove fArya from Winterfell, from her husband.

That's an egregious violation of guest rights.  That makes Mel and Jon indirectly guilt to the breaking of guest rights.

The title should read "Mance And Jon violated guest rights".

30 minutes ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

Jon was also aware of the kind of man Mance Rayder is.  Hell, he knew the wildling deserted the wall and fought against the Nights Watch.  Jon is responsible for siccing his wildlings against a noble house of the kingdom.  Which is a crime for a lord commander.

Still he didn't expect for Mance to break guest right.

47 minutes ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

Jon is neither the guest nor the host and thus he violated no customs or traditions.

Moreover, Mance did not break guest right because the Boltons did not feed the inhabitants of Winterfell. Manderly did.

53 minutes ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

The title should read “An other nonsensical thread by the Stark Haters in love with mediocre people and sadistic rapists – Read with caution”.

29 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

The title should read “An other nonsensical thread by the Stark Haters in love with mediocre people and sadistic rapists – Read with caution”.

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Version 213

:cheers:

So true. 

There's another "funny" thing that happens n the gazillion rabid Stark hate threads we've been getting lately... While some posters try to discuss things intelligently w/ everyone but especially those w/ differing opinions, the blind hate crew mostly engage w/ each others. And the purpose of these posts is to, basically, pat each others on the back. The only thing I'm not quite sure about is... why are they pating each others on the back? Clearly, there's no reason for this congratulatory behaviour, since not a single one of these posts got even close to discussing the actual story or was able to provide any textual support to the inane claims they were making. :dunno:

A lot of times when I read rabid, irrational character hate, I only end up wondering “did character x steal your lunch money as a kid or something? Beat you up on the playground?” I feel like I’m discussing something very personal and very real to that person, not a fictional character. Basically, it really makes me think that the character in question reminds that poster of something negative in a very personal area of their life and thus it’s not really about the text or any claims to accuracy, it’s about getting some sort of emotional feedback which is really about whatever their past experience is about, not the character at all. And they happened to find that on this forum.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

why are they pating each others on the back?

Because this is the internet. Same reason a few rabid fans attack those who do not fall into the party line.

I say a few because the site numbers have diminished. There was a time that a hoard would descend upon a poster.

What has recently plucked my nerve is when two long term humble posters in the small questions thread were maligned.

There is a difference between playfulness and bullshitism.

Controversy encourages disagreements. Disagreements increase numbers.

Sometimes a poster asks a simple innocent question, sometimes a poster is baiting, sometimes ----- fill in the blank.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:04 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Abel/Mance was a guest of the Boltons. 

"Abel" was more hired help than a guest. He was expected to sing for his supper. The spearwife "washerwomen" were considered prostitutes by the Boltons. Not the sort of people you invite to the wedding of nobles. Not even the wedding of the bastard son of a noble and a fake daughter of another. The actual guests were the various heads of local Houses and their retinues. 

4 hours ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

So why was Mance Rayder at Winterfell and why did he go through the trouble of getting Arya out?  Because he didn't know she was fake and Jon ordered him to bring back his sister.  And he did, in fact, get fArya out of Winterfell.  He definitely was not there to sign a recording contract.  He sings passably but not that good.  

It's simple.  Jon spared Mance from execution and ordered him to get Arya.  They both knew the tale of Bael and that was the inspiration for the cover.  Jon provided the spearwives to help make the cover more believable.  The use of Abel is a nice twist on Bael.  Mance and his spearwives rescued fake Arya because they were following Jon's orders.  

8 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It's simple. 

It shoulld be, really simple. But it seems that's a wrong assumption on both our parts. 

Jon spared Mance from execution and ordered him to get Arya. 

Where did that happen? Sounds interesting... I'm not into fan fiction, but this could be fun, actually. Like a "Bizarro of Ice and Fire" thing. 

That's all I have. Carry on w/ the pats on each others' backs. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It's simple.  Jon spared Mance from execution and ordered him to get Arya.  They both knew the tale of Bael and that was the inspiration for the cover.  Jon provided the spearwives to help make the cover more believable.  The use of Abel is a nice twist on Bael.  Mance and his spearwives rescued fake Arya because they were following Jon's orders.  

How could Jon have known that if he expected Mance to find the girl on a dying horse near Long Lake? 

38 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It's simple. 

It's totes simple. I mean, all one has to do is read the story in Melisandre's one and only chapter and look at a map to realize that Mance is on his mission, which is why Jon keeps asking himself later in the story, basically, where the f*ck is Mance??? I mean, in that Mel chapter we see Mance begins his lies then before Jon is even brought in.

You guys do know Jeyne Pool was forced to marry without her consent and is being tortured right? As many people said, I don't think Mance had guest right, but even if he did, so what? If someone is raping and torturing your sister (as Jon thinks), that is a much more heinous crime. Also, Jeyne is not Ramsay's property. I am sorry, but she is not. And she WANTS to be taken from the castle. I am fairly certain I don't care if anyone broke guest right when someone is torturing an innocent person who was forced into marriage with a monstor. It's called being able to judge what crime is more heinous. Ramsay Bolton illegally married his last wife too. He illegally murdered Rodrik Cassell and his army. He illegally took Winterfell. He is illegally holding Winterfell. No guest right was broken. 

4 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It's simple.  Jon spared Mance from execution and ordered him to get Arya. 

It's simple: you have it all wrong.  Please provide ONE quote supporting your assertion. I'm curious as it didn't happen in the book I own.

Archived