Jamie told the BWB and therefore Lady Stoneheart that Arya was fake

ladyD

Hey guys, last post before class starts. Wanted to get this one out before I go copy and paste all that text needed for the Wex thread. (That'll be this afternoon :-)) Anywho. A while ago it came to my attention that Jaime spilt the beans. I mean all the damn beans lol. Wondering if anyone else caught this. 

As my new friends here have let me know I should tell you this is indeed a part of a much larger theory that I have dubbed the GNA (Grand Northern Ambitions) but I just thought this tidbit was so hilarious. We talk about Jamie being the "golden dummy" yea he most certainly is lol. 

Remember when Jamie was going around the Riverlands picking up hostages from houses that were loyal to the Tullys and the Starks? He picked up Hoster Blackwood. They talk about a few things but most notably Hoster asks Jamie about killing all of the Starks and during this exchange - he told Hoster that the real Arya was not in the North being married to Ramsey. 

Here's that exchange:

Not all," said Jaime. "Lord Eddard's daughters live. One has just been wed. The other …" Brienne, where are you? Have you found her? "… if the gods are good, she'll forget she was a Stark. She'll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall." Jamie 1 ADWD

• We’ll discuss Jaime’s quote further in the Riverlands portion of the GNA but for now, let's look at the timeline of that quote for this theory’s purposes

• 1/20/300 Jeyne leave KL - Jaime speaks to her ASOS 72

• 4/9/300 Jeyne arrives at Barrowton

• 4/12/300 A leal lords of the North Summoned to Barrowton ADWD 28

• 5/23/300 Jamie spills the beans to Hos Blackwood (Namesake of Hoster Tully second in line to his house) lol which is friggin hilarious when you think about it.

• 6/2/300 Manderly makes it to Barrowton

• 6/14/300 Jeyne Marries Ramsey

• 8/6/300 Theon and Jeyne Escape

As you can see there is ample enough time for Jamie’s golden slip up to make it North to the Northern Resistance Army, and seeing how Jamie 1 ADWD was the last time we see Jamie Lannister from his point of view before he rides off with Brienne - I think its fair to say that the BHWOB has Jamie and the truth about Arya Stark.

What do you guys think?

The full GNA is ridiculously long so I figured taking smaller theories from it and talking about it here would be more fun than trying to get people to read/watch the entire thing.

3 minutes ago, ladyD said:

I think its fair to say that the BHWOB has Jamie and the truth about Arya Stark.

That's a very interesting point, that I haven't seen suggested elsewhere. What could the Brotherhood and Lady Stoneheart do with that information though? 

1 hour ago, ladyD said:

Hey guys, last post before class starts. Wanted to get this one out before I go copy and paste all that text needed for the Wex thread. (That'll be this afternoon :-)) Anywho. A while ago it came to my attention that Jaime spilt the beans. I mean all the damn beans lol. Wondering if anyone else caught this. 

As my new friends here have let me know I should tell you this is indeed a part of a much larger theory that I have dubbed the GNA (Grand Northern Ambitions) but I just thought this tidbit was so hilarious. We talk about Jamie being the "golden dummy" yea he most certainly is lol. 

Remember when Jamie was going around the Riverlands picking up hostages from houses that were loyal to the Tullys and the Starks? He picked up Hoster Blackwood. They talk about a few things but most notably Hoster asks Jamie about killing all of the Starks and during this exchange - he told Hoster that the real Arya was not in the North being married to Ramsey. 

Here's that exchange:

Not all," said Jaime. "Lord Eddard's daughters live. One has just been wed. The other …" Brienne, where are you? Have you found her? "… if the gods are good, she'll forget she was a Stark. She'll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall." Jamie 1 ADWD

• We’ll discuss Jaime’s quote further in the Riverlands portion of the GNA but for now, let's look at the timeline of that quote for this theory’s purposes

• 1/20/300 Jeyne leave KL - Jaime speaks to her ASOS 72

• 4/9/300 Jeyne arrives at Barrowton

• 4/12/300 A leal lords of the North Summoned to Barrowton ADWD 28

• 5/23/300 Jamie spills the beans to Hos Blackwood (Namesake of Hoster Tully second in line to his house) lol which is friggin hilarious when you think about it.

• 6/2/300 Manderly makes it to Barrowton

• 6/14/300 Jeyne Marries Ramsey

• 8/6/300 Theon and Jeyne Escape

As you can see there is ample enough time for Jamie’s golden slip up to make it North to the Northern Resistance Army, and seeing how Jamie 1 ADWD was the last time we see Jamie Lannister from his point of view before he rides off with Brienne - I think its fair to say that the BHWOB has Jamie and the truth about Arya Stark.

What do you guys think?

The full GNA is ridiculously long so I figured taking smaller theories from it and talking about it here would be more fun than trying to get people to read/watch the entire thing.

I'm not sure how accurate your timeline is. Feast and Dance run concurrently up to a point, and then Jaime's conversations with both Bracken and Blackwood happen about a dozen chapters after the wedding at Winterfell, and the convo with Hos is after that. So in all likelihood, Jaime either knows for a fact that the wedding has taken place or he is certain enough to say one Stark daughter has "just been wed."

Jaime couldn't possibly be referring to Sansa as the one who just wed because that wedding took place months ago -- before Joff's wedding -- and Sansa is the Stark daughter who is now missing. And as Cyber says above, Jaime's own thoughts indicate he is referring to Sansa, so it's hard to fathom how Hos would reach a different conclusion.

Plus, there is the fact that regardless of where Jaime went, Hos is still a hostage on his way to King's Landing and has no real way to get a message to the Brotherhood. Now, if the Brotherhood is able to torture the truth out Jaime before killing him, that's an entirely different matter, but we'll have to wait until Winds to see how that plays out.

3 hours ago, ladyD said:

He picked up Hoster Blackwood. They talk about a few things but most notably Hoster asks Jamie about killing all of the Starks and during this exchange - he told Hoster that the real Arya was not in the North being married to Ramsey. 

Here's that exchange:

He's not referring to the real Arya. He's referring to fArya. The fArya that Hos, along with 99% of Westeros, believes is the real Arya Stark.

8 hours ago, ladyD said:

he told Hoster that the real Arya was not in the North being married to Ramsey. 

No he didn't.  The Stark who was just married is Arya - or the girl everyone thinks is Arya.  The plan was for her to be married as soon as they reached the North, which would be shortly before Jaime's conversation with Hoster.

By the way, Brienne knows that Arya is fake - Jaime told her before he sent her after Sansa.  And I expect that by this time, Brienne has informed the BwB of everything she knows about Arya, including the fact that Sandor Clegane didn't turn her over to the Lannisters , which would have been the only way they could have gotten her.  So they already know the one with the Boltons is fake

16 hours ago, Nevets said:

By the way, Brienne knows that Arya is fake - Jaime told her before he sent her after Sansa.  And I expect that by this time, Brienne has informed the BwB of everything she knows about Arya, including the fact that Sandor Clegane didn't turn her over to the Lannisters , which would have been the only way they could have gotten her.  So they already know the one with the Boltons is fake

Good observation! Also,

16 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

It's not like Stoneheart had the Brotherhood on a quest riding north to rescue Arya to begin with...

Well, I've got to disagree here. At the end of SoS, Merrett Frey is put to the question on whether Sandor Clegane and a young boy - or girl - was spotted at the Twins during the Red Wedding.

"He would have had a child with him," said the singer. "A skinny girl, about ten. Or perhaps a boy the same age."

That doesn't sound anything like Sansa, does it? And the Brotherhood knew the Hound had Arya, and had been pursuing him even before Lady Stoneheart. They were riding now, at the direction of Lady Stoneheart, to find Arya, the real Arya, and mopping up any Freys they encountered along the way. As noted, Brienne could also have yielded the information that Ramsey's "Arya" was not the real thing, so the Brotherhood wouldn't have headed towards Winterfell on a wild goose chase.

We can only hope they won't track our broken dog to the Quiet Isle. No way they'd travel to Braavos.

Archived