Rothfuss XIV: The Slow Regard of Luna Lovegood

Darth Richard II

17 minutes ago, lysmonger said:

Yeah now there will be a plot with Ambrose caught with a  transgendered prostitute. Kvotte has to stand up/take revenge for said individual. Long speeches continuous speeches will be made

A big hamfisted speech about how a man who becomes a woman is still a man and a woman with a manly jaw, followed by confusion as to why people might be offended or annoyed. .

Street's like a jungle
So call the police
Following the herd
Down to Greece
On holiday
Love in the nineties
Is paranoid
On sunny beaches
Take your chances
Looking for

Girls who are boys
Who like boys to be girls
Who do boys like they're girls
Who do girls like they're boys
Always should be someone you really love

3 hours ago, Ninefingers said:

Can you source this?

The 'one year at a time' thing is very well documented (Here), but I've never seen 'the first three are the past, next three are the consequences' thing in print.

It was in the publicity materials and interviews for The Name of the Wind. It might even have been in the marketing copy that came with the ARC, although that's gone over the years.

I'll try to go through all the old 2007 interviews with Pat from when the book launched but there's a hell of a lot of them.

13 minutes ago, Werthead said:

It was in the publicity materials and interviews for The Name of the Wind. It might even have been in the marketing copy that came with the ARC, although that's gone over the years.

I'll try to go through all the old 2007 interviews with Pat from when the book launched but there's a hell of a lot of them.

My recollection is he said early that he would continue Kvothe’s story in a second set of books. Then he backed off that statement later (implying he thought it removed dramatic tension). More recently he’s made the statement that the first trilogy is just a prologue, which would seem to inidciate that he’s come full circle without outright saying so. 

I remember having heard something about a second trilogy. At the time, as I recall, it was accepted fact.

Then, of course, the books didn't come as advertised, and all talk about it disappeared. And we're left wondering if there ever will be a conclusion, and whether we'll read it. 

For me, it seems my "bet" that JV Jones will deliver her next book before Rothfuss is looking better by the day. Hah!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, lysmonger said:

He's going to make a coffee book about the world of timmeratt. Guarantee you that much.

Pages 1-150 will be an in-depth breakdown of the world's student finance system. It'll be a 152 page book.

• 2 months later...

At the reading I attended when the second book was released he said that the whole trilogy had become about the framing story, and that at the end of the framing story, the real story would be ready to start.  Of course he's zigged and zagged a lot more since then.  I would have video of this but he asked everyone to turn off video cameras because he re-uses jokes and schtick and he doesn't want future readings ruined.  In hindsight, I wish I'd kept rolling.

Archived