Darth Richard II

Rothfuss XIV: The Slow Regard of Luna Lovegood

20 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah can you see him working with the kind of deadlines they have in the video game business?

Maybe that would work better for him, though. He'd have to actually deliver by a specific outside-imposed deadline, or not get paid in full. 

On 5/10/2018 at 9:13 PM, Ajûrbkli said:

My friend just finished book 2 after a decade or whatever.  So I got to fill him in on all the theories and such.  That was fun.

Doors of Stone can reveal a number of things - Lockless box, Haliax and the Chandrian's relationship to Iax, what the Amyr are up to, what the Angels are up to (since Kvothe supposedly fights an Angel), the identity of the king he killed, confirming Kvothe's status as a Lockless

This is a reminder that for all the snark that there really are some things that I want to know about in the next book.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:44 PM, Fall Bass said:

Maybe that would work better for him, though. He'd have to actually deliver by a specific outside-imposed deadline, or not get paid in full. 

I doubt it.

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

This is a reminder that for all the snark that there really are some things that I want to know about in the next book.

I’m reading TDOS as soon as it comes out.  I’m irritated by the delay but what can we do?

Imagine if a fan asked him to help with TDOS?

Hey, Pat. I hear you have a new Kvothe book coming out. Assuming you're still, kinda, slapping the final coat of paint on it, want... want a little... little help with that? There were, ah, some really interesting choices you made with Wiseman's Fear, and ah, I don't want to throw any stones, but I mean, because ah, Name of the Wind was great. You've done great things with the series, but, ah, some of us love Kingkiller Chronicles and some of us do storytelling on the Internet. Some of us go to sleep thinking about story and wake up thinking about story and we're all about story. We understand character and stuff. Also we get books. Love to ah, love to help you out. Are you ok over there?

10 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m reading TDOS as soon as it comes out.  I’m irritated by the delay but what can we do?

I'll be borrowing it from the library. First time in my life I've actively not wanted to support an author financially, but I do want the payoff from my time/money spent on the first two books to find out what happened.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

I'll be borrowing it from the library. First time in my life I've actively not wanted to support an author financially, but I do want the payoff from my time/money spent on the first two books to find out what happened.

Pretty much. Assuming we still have libraries in the year 2032.

18 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Pretty much. Assuming we still have libraries in the year 2032.

Yeah, I should have framed that as in the unlikely event that the book is ever released.

6 hours ago, Eriksen's New Mascot said:

Imagine if a fan asked him to help with TDOS?

Hey, Pat. I hear you have a new Kvothe book coming out. Assuming you're still, kinda, slapping the final coat of paint on it, want... want a little... little help with that? There were, ah, some really interesting choices you made with Wiseman's Fear, and ah, I don't want to throw any stones, but I mean, because ah, Name of the Wind was great. You've done great things with the series, but, ah, some of us love Kingkiller Chronicles and some of us do storytelling on the Internet. Some of us go to sleep thinking about story and wake up thinking about story and we're all about story. We understand character and stuff. Also we get books. Love to ah, love to help you out. Are you ok over there?

His lack of self awareness is painful. 

On 6/9/2018 at 3:12 AM, ير بال said:

Rothfuss said on his stream that he'd like to help Bethesda write the new Fallout, lol.

Considering that the new Fallout doesn't seem likely to have any NPC's or scripted dialogues, it sounds like the perfect job for him.

6 hours ago, Gorn said:

Considering that the new Fallout doesn't seem likely to have any NPC's or scripted dialogues, it sounds like the perfect job for him.

Plus it looks like it’s already done. :p

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Plus it looks like it’s already done. :p

We all know how well he handles things that are already done.

The amazon prime ads all have Luna Lovegood toys/figures in them.  I was going to make a joke that Rothfuss needs a Funko Pop of himself, but in someways, he *is* a Funko Pop.