The Frey civil war.

Maximus Greyjoy

2 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

them knowing nothing about the whereabouts of the tunnels doesn't mean the others also know nothing

Ah yes, the unprovable negative.  the standard go to.

2 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

they are not the big bad villian, you seem to have no clue about george and his works if you really belive in something like this is written by him.

That is a bold statement Mr. unique school. I guess all the killing, raising the dead for more killing all while slowly moving south into the realms of men is just red herring to distract us from political intrigue? Or was it that Waymar made some sound that translated to a major insult in the others language and that's why they killed him? Or could it be that the shape of the old ringfort at the fist is actually the written word for "attack us now!" in the written language of the others? Throw me a bone here for I cannot help my lack of understanding

3 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

so you don't hae any clue about him and his work and you are just blind hating, got it.

And you have no clue what I have previously written about him in this thread that you have responded to literally yesterday. We all have our crosses to bear. 

well i am able to listen to things, maybe that what you would consider unique.

Listening is easy. That is why videos are so popular but people can't seem to take the time to write down what they think so it can be properly

otherwise i can not see how you make such a great difference between written and spoken text.

The fact that the brutal obviousness of this statement is fundamentally lost to you is the truly sad part

no, its not.

You not believing something something does not alter fact or reality.

assuming jaqen wanted to kill bloodraven, because he traveled north, with two brutal killing machines, was likely on a mission by the hobaw and later went to Oldtown where marwyn has a glass candle. is far fetched but has a base.

Quick lesson that they have not taught you in your video-cnetric school: The above statement is what we call baseless speculation bordering on fan fic as there is literally nothing in the book that remotely hints to this. Also, try using the spell check function. It adds an air of credibility to your statements and it literally does the work for you. 

assuming the others are an overall evil force is baseless

except for the killing, raising the dead to do more killing and the attempted assassination of the watch lord commander. That is all roses and lavender 

you mean nothing besides having the same overlord, clearly divided frey faction of which one has strong connections to house waynwood, through marriage and wards, and to house hunter due to their maester.

Those things are not enough to get the whole vale in on a war. And winter is coming. Soon it will be too cold to wage war. Look at what is happening to Stannis's troops in the north. The only reason why that would happen is if littleginger took an interest and so far he has not really mentioned the freys. There will be no frey civil war. I may be wrong, and if I am you can come and gloat, but I would be willing to put money on it.  

4 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Ah yes, the unprovable negative.  the standard go to.

we know nothing about the others and their motives, there is nothing really provable about them

I guess all the killing, raising the dead for more killing all while slowly moving south into the realms of men is just red herring to distract us from political intrigue? Or was it that Waymar made some sound that translated to a major insult in the others language and that's why they killed him? Or could it be that the shape of the old ringfort at the fist is actually the written word for "attack us now!" in the written language of the others? Throw me a bone here for I cannot help my lack of understanding

killing is nothing special in this world tho. raising from the dead is a thing they can do, so they use it in a war, there is no faction that wouldn't do that when they are weaker than the other. a species as overall evil is simply nothing george would write about and the others are no exeption. haven't you seen the interviews where he says there is no overall evil in our world, so he wouldn't write about is? guess not.

And you have no clue what I have previously written about him in this thread that you have responded to literally yesterday. We all have our crosses to bear. 

and nothing of this proves that you have any clue about him and his work

That is why videos are so popular but people can't seem to take the time to write down what they think so it can be properly

as i said before there is no difference beween written and spoken text, thats just arrogant

The above statement is what we call baseless speculation bordering on fan fic as there is literally nothing in the book that remotely hints to this. Also, try using the spell check function. It adds an air of credibility to your statements and it literally does the work for you.

a thing you never learned for your writing only school: baseless means there is absolutely no base. but the example i gave has a base, a pretty small one yes, but it has a base.

it seems like you are denying every theroy and speculation that goes against hwo you want the story to go on

except for the killing, raising the dead to do more killing and the attempted assassination of the watch lord commander.

killing is nothing sepcial and raising from the dead is just a weapn, there is literally nothing that makes them more evil than the lannisers, who by the way possibly also used raising from the dead, if robert strong is the mountin

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Those things are not enough to get the whole vale in on a war.

well what about the possible usurper in riverrun, who holds the castel that belongs to sweetrobins kin, and well he waynwood connetion would become important after the freys began to kill each other so the waynwood freys would ask their kin for help.

1 hour ago, Euron Lannister said:

as i said before there is no difference beween written and spoken text, thats just arrogant

Are you kidding? Of course there's is a difference, and a huge one. To begin with, the persistence of the material support (of writing) offers a stability which incites to more control.

On 4/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, Maximus Greyjoy said:

What do y'all make of this? The Frey Civil War. Would most of the other houses just sit back and let these bastards kill each other off? While Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale makes a run to Harrenhall and take advantage of the situation and take The Twins away from the remaining Freys.

I hope it doesn't turn into a full civil war.  I don't mind Black Walder and a few quarreling.  I do not want the Freys to lose their power and position.   

On 4/26/2018 at 4:33 AM, Euron Lannister said:

we know nothing about the others and their motives, there is nothing really provable about them

Except for all the killing, raising the dead to do more killing, and some more killing. 

killing is nothing special in this world tho. raising from the dead is a thing they can do, so they use it in a war, there is no faction that wouldn't do that when they are weaker than the other. a species as overall evil is simply nothing george would write about and the others are no exeption. haven't you seen the interviews where he says there is no overall evil in our world, so he wouldn't write about is? guess not.

There can still be villians in a morally grey world. We haveth Freys, and Tywin. That is why we have things like the red wedding. and the Purple wedding. The Others have been set up from the beginning as the big bad. There are other dangers closer to home, but  there is the biggest danger looming out of sight from almost everyone save a select few. 

and nothing of this proves that you have any clue about him and his work

You can keep repeating this, but it does not make up for the fact that you are missing things I have written to you repeatedly in replies in this thread. I think If you learned to focus on what is in front of you as opposed to an overall zeitgeist of what you pick up on in this forum you would not have the problems you are having in this discussion. 

Your profound lack of understanding of the written word is telling, but I will let someone else take this one

On 4/26/2018 at 6:13 AM, Nowy Tends said:

Are you kidding? Of course there's is a difference, and a huge one. To begin with, the persistence of the material support (of writing) offers a stability which incites to more control.

Thank you 

a thing you never learned for your writing only school: baseless means there is absolutely no base. but the example i gave has a base, a pretty small one yes, but it has a base.

You gave what you claim is a base even though it is not. I learned critical thinking in my writing only (i.e. actual) school. Critical thinking is what is required to discern between what is actually a base and what is merely called a base but what offers no stability. Learn it please. 

it seems like you are denying every theroy and speculation that goes against hwo you want the story to go on

Parroting what I said back to me is not a very good argumentative tactic. "I know you are but what am I" is pretty schoolyard. Do better please

killing is nothing sepcial and raising from the dead is just a weapn, there is literally nothing that makes them more evil than the lannisers, who by the way possibly also used raising from the dead, if robert strong is the mountin

"Killing is nothing special."    Totes, because when that catspaw tried to kill bran his mom was like "Whatever dude" 
And when ned was beheaded Robb was like "hey, winterfell is mine now" 
and when Joff died Cersei was like "hey, at least I have more kids" 
and after the red wedding, manderly was like "Hey, they deserved it
And when Tywin was killed Tyrion was like "I guess I'm going home and living at the rock" 
You're correct, killing is nothing special and everybody is ok with it :rofl:
Next

well what about the possible usurper in riverrun, who holds the castel that belongs to sweetrobins kin, and well he waynwood connetion would become important after the freys began to kill each other so the waynwood freys would ask their kin for help.

I could totally see the vale marching on the riverlands and retaking Riverrun in the name of the Tullys, but not to intervene a secession crisis of an upjumped house with a long history of betrayal, treachery and plotting against their liege.  THe vale going to bat for the freys is a stupid as the video this thread is based on 

Also, holy christ use spell check. 

41 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Except for all the killing, raising the dead to do more killing, and some more killing.

and that is still not enough to make any guess

42 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

The Others have been set up from the beginning as the big bad.

but then again is the question, when did anything play out as it was set up, bespecially such clishe things like the big overall bad or the hero (of which we had enough to prove that this is no clishe story)

59 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

but it does not make up for the fact that you are missing things I have written to you repeatedly in replies in this thread.

and what exactly do you mean?

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I think If you learned to focus on what is in front of you as opposed to an overall zeitgeist of what you pick up on in this forum you would not have the problems you are having in this discussion. 

What do you mean?

You gave what you claim is a base even though it is not.

well it is one. the reason why i took this theory with a small base is because it perfectly shows why your argumentation doesn't work. Yor definition of a "base" involves your own thoughts and feelings while mine does not.

the base is weak and small and i don't belive in thi theory but the base is there, so calling it baseless is simply wrong. same with PJs theories, some have a weak base and i don't belive in some of them, but i would never call them baseless since i can see how the theory came to be.

also as i said a thousand times George is not known for writing clishe standart stories, thinking outside the box is requiered to predict something.

writing only (i.e. actual) school.

well it your school only teached writing, it explains why you are unable to work with spoken text, i guess you never saw a university from the inside, and your school used almost medival methods, even in the 19th century schools used and teached written and spoken text.

Critical thinking is what is required to discern between what is actually a base and what is merely called a base but what offers no stability.

yes it does, but it also should make you able to see a base although you disagree.

and therefore i can only say: Lern it please

Parroting what I said back to me is not a very good argumentative tactic. "I know you are but what am I" is pretty schoolyard.

i wouldn't do it if it wouldn't fit so well.

"Killing is nothing special."    Totes, because when that catspaw tried to kill bran his mom was like "Whatever dude" 
And when ned was beheaded Robb was like "hey, winterfell is mine now" 
and when Joff died Cersei was like "hey, at least I have more kids" 
and after the red wedding, manderly was like "Hey, they deserved it
And when Tywin was killed Tyrion was like "I guess I'm going home and living at the rock" 
You're correct, killing is nothing special and everybody is ok with it

you give the perfect example.

killing is nothing special in this world, so how can you call the others an overall evil, while you have shown all kinds of examples of other people and groups killing people.

but not to intervene a secession crisis of an upjumped house with a long history of betrayal, treachery and plotting against their liege.

when the vale under littlefinger put them in change, their chance of betrayal is lowed down thanks to the benefit the vale armies gave them, the shown superiority of the vale forces and the lack of schemers, since all of them (we know until now) would be on the loosing side, so they would loose their head, spend their live in prision, will be send to the wall or else

THe vale going to bat for the freys is a stupid as the video this thread is based on 

and the arrogance strikes again

Also, holy christ use spell check.

i'm sorry, english is not my mothertongue and my little sister did pour tea over my keybord, but well... you are nothing better.

On 26.4.2018 at 3:13 PM, Nowy Tends said:

no, there is none.

May I take a moment. To make a truly cogent argument please adhere to the following rules:

1) spell the word correctly 

2) make sure your grammar is correct

(Thus building credibility)

3) read your opponents post thoroughly not just scan read as you may miss his point entirely.

4) appreciate other opinions and absorb them into your thinking.

Now afaic there will be no civil war. Preston makes huge leaps of assumptions (btw stating assumption as fact makes it no less an assumption). Top and bottom of the argument we do not know Baelish's plan. Yes we can make assumptions based on derived knowledge i.e. deduction but that is at best a guess. But his STATED desire is for chaos. I understand order comes from chaos and that may be his overall aim but we do not KNOW that and can only assume.

It is my opinion that that the genius of GRRM and his writing is that we are able to interpret and extrapolate from the characters and their actions that whuch we wish to see. For example I thoroughly understand tropes are "subverted" but are they? The elder son perceived as the hero only to fail only for the ostracized/ prodigal son to return? Yeah that aint new amigo. However we all see what we want to see. Some see the hero fail and sigh, some cheer.  Some see Jon  Snow as a conflicted individual, others as a good 2 shoes, self righteous bastard. 

One thing that is irrefutable is that GRRM has painted his characters as human. Sometimes good sometimes bad, sometimes correct sometimes not. Now based on thisit is possible to derive that some Frey are good whilst some are not. Some of Baelish's plans work some do not. Simply put apart from the house, there is no black and white. Following this argument to the end, there can be no Frey civil war. Baelish's plan cannot possibly extend that far as, following the info provided by GRRM, he largely capitalised on situations and doesn't plan that far ahead.  Furthermore Freys may try to throw each other over the boat but no-one would be stupid enough to hole the boat UNLESS  they were able to guarantee benefiting.  With Walter in place, LSH and BWB this is not the time to attempt a family coup. Ergo Baelish's plan for a Frey civil war (should he have one) cannot work. But as I stated earlier that is GRRM taking my personality and placing it in the subject matter i.e. careful, methodical and planned

[mod] cut out the personal snipes. And please bear in mind English is not everyone’s first language. And even if it is, pedantic spell/grammar checking is not conducive to actual discussion [/mod]

On 4/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, Euron Lannister said:

and that is still not enough to make any guess

So, if someone kills your family and hunts you down you will give them the benefit of the doubt? Because the wildlings and the watch do not possess your boundless understanding. 

but then again is the question, when did anything play out as it was set up, bespecially such clishe things like the big overall bad or the hero (of which we had enough to prove that this is no clishe story)

Dany's journey to Vaes Dothrak. Jon's tragic romance. TYron being betrayed by the asshole father who always hated him. All of these things are pre standard drama

and what exactly do you mean?

It means you are not reading what I write in response. If you did that you would do that you would not have to ask what I meant 

What do you mean?

It means pay attention to what is written and not just reply with what you feel someone else's story should be. 

well it is one. the reason why i took this theory with a small base is because it perfectly shows why your argumentation doesn't work. Yor definition of a "base" involves your own thoughts and feelings while mine does not.

When, in the books has the lord paramount of a kingdom gone to war in another kingdom over an internal family dispute? That would be a base. Preson's theory is in fact baseless 

the base is weak and small and i don't belive in thi theory but the base is there, so calling it baseless is simply wrong. same with PJs theories, some have a weak base and i don't belive in some of them, but i would never call them baseless since i can see how the theory came to be.

Of course you believe it. otherwise you would not be defending it. 

also as i said a thousand times George is not known for writing clishe standart stories, thinking outside the box is requiered to predict something

That assumption is obviously limiting your ability to appreciate the story 

well it your school only teached writing, it explains why you are unable to work with spoken text, i guess you never saw a university from the inside, and your school used almost medival methods, even in the 19th century schools used and teached written and spoken text.

your inability to understand this is where the fundamental problem lies. I never said people in school do not ever speak. What I said is that for critical literary analysis, the written word is far superior to a youtube video. Please read what I said before you reply. 

yes it does, but it also should make you able to see a base although you disagree.

and therefore i can only say: Lern it please

Critical thinking does not let you see things that are not there. you might be thinking of LSD.

i wouldn't do it if it wouldn't fit so well.

It doesn't though. Just like your supposition that there is no difference between a written document and a youtube video. It shows a profound lack of understanding on your end. 

you give the perfect example.

I guess sarcasm is beyond you as well. This conversation is making a lot more sense now 

killing is nothing special in this world, so how can you call the others an overall evil, while you have shown all kinds of examples of other people and groups killing people.

Have you read the books? Every example I gave showed just how horrible killing can be. It is why those who violate the guest right are cursed. The others have only shown up to kill. evil or not, that still makes them the big bad of the story, unless there is some incredible redemption for them 

when the vale under littlefinger put them in change, their chance of betrayal is lowed down thanks to the benefit the vale armies gave them, the shown superiority of the vale forces and the lack of schemers, since all of them (we know until now) would be on the losing side, so they would loose their head, spend their live in prison, will be send to the wall or else

are you saying that if the lord of the vale put the vale freys in charge there would be little chance of betrayal because the vale has a strong army and there are no schemers in the vale? 

46 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

So, if someone kills your family and hunts you down you will give them the benefit of the doubt? Because the wildlings and the watch do not possess your boundless understanding. 

it turns them into an overall evil for them, but i don't argue about the feeligs of wildlings or the watch. in the whole picture they have done nothing that makes them worse than the mountain, vargo hoat, armory lorch or tywin lannister.

Dany's journey to Vaes Dothrak. Jon's tragic romance. TYron being betrayed by the asshole father who always hated him. All of these things are pre standard drama

ok, that's a point

It means you are not reading what I write in response. If you did that you would do that you would not have to ask what I meant 

and i asked you what do you think i missed, but i just get a empty phrase

When, in the books has the lord paramount of a kingdom gone to war in another kingdom over an internal family dispute? That would be a base. Preson's theory is in fact baseless 

it is not, the base is there but you are just not able to see it

Of course you believe it. otherwise you would not be defending it. 

i like this one about the frey war, but there are other ones i don't like.

but i'm not defending him because i love every single one of his theories, i'm 'defending' him because i think everyone has his own opinion and hating them without a single one can be proven wrong is siply dumb and arrogant.

That assumption is obviously limiting your ability to appreciate the story 

well it's not, but i guess your behaviour will limit your ability to appreciate TWOW when its out.

Critical thinking does not let you see things that are not there.

but they are there, maybe you need glasses

What I said is that for critical literary analysis, the written word is far superior to a youtube video.

and i said over and over again there is no difference, or at least there shouldn't be one, when your school was on a halfway modern level.

otherwise explain me why universities and parliaments all use spoken word instead of forum threads

I guess sarcasm is beyond you as well.

ah typical "that was sarcastic dumbass" posts, your running out of 'arguments'

Have you read the books? Every example I gave showed just how horrible killing can be.

yes it does, but it also shows how many factions have this in common with the others, so everyone is a big bad/overall evil or none of them.

are you saying that if the lord of the vale put the vale freys in charge there would be little chance of betrayal because the vale has a strong army and there are no schemers in the vale? 

no, i am saying the lord of the riverlands (littlefinger) puts a branch of freys in charge of the twins, that have a little chance of betraying the lord of the riverlands (littlerfinger), of whom they are bannerman, due to them only having their position only because of the lord p. of the vale (littlefinger) and his armies, and the much smaller number of commanders and schemers, which gone down with the other frey factions.

6 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

otherwise explain me why universities and parliaments all use spoken word instead of forum threads

Wow, you got it all mixed up in your head!

Universities and parliaments use written word which is then communicated verbally. Do you think universities professors improvise their courses in lecture halls? Or MPs/Representants improvise bills in front of their colleagues?

At the opposite forum threads are mainly spoken word communicated in writing form.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, Euron Lannister said:

it turns them into an overall evil for them, but i don't argue about the feeligs of wildlings or the watch. in the whole picture they have done nothing that makes them worse than the mountain, vargo hoat, armory lorch or tywin lannister.

the frequency and regularity of an evil act does not lessen the overall evil. A lot of people do reprehensible things in the story. It does not lessen anyone's evil. In fact it increases it. 

ok, that's a point

So, with that point, you have to admit that GRRM has written some cliches in his story. so, the the others being the big bad it entirely within the realm of possibility.

and i asked you what do you think i missed, but i just get a empty phrase

This is what we call a "teachable moment."  I have stated the importance of the written word. you do not think it is important. I say you missed something. you say what? I tell you to reread what was written. You refuse to do that therefore proving my point of the importance of the written word. I do not have to repeat (or replay) anything as it is all there ready for you to consume but you have to put out effort and not expect people to spoon feed you everything repeatedly until you get it. This is why universities require written essays on a subject 

it is not, the base is there but you are just not able to see it

Since you cannot name it either, I will just claim victory now. I am write. PJ has no base for his theory. 

i like this one about the frey war, but there are other ones i don't like.

but i'm not defending him because i love every single one of his theories, i'm 'defending' him because i think everyone has his own opinion and hating them without a single one can be proven wrong is siply dumb and arrogant.

I am not sure what "hating them without a single one can be proven wrong" means. Please clarfy

well it's not, but i guess your behaviour will limit your ability to appreciate TWOW when its out.

"NO YOU!" is not a proper reply. Please try again. 

but they are there, maybe you need glasses

I have 20/18 vision. glasses are not needed. We were talking about critical thinking. 

and i said over and over again there is no difference, or at least there shouldn't be one, when your school was on a halfway modern level.

your inability to go back and reread previous comments in this thread is proof positive that the written word needs to be taught more than ever............

They don't just speak. pertinent topics are written down so they can be spoken about, point by point. Universities have lectures, and hte basis of those lectures are text books, where the professor can speak to the students with a common syllabus, so everyone can be sure they are speaking about the same relevant point. 

ah typical "that was sarcastic dumbass" posts, your running out of 'arguments'

I will not get down on you for your inability to discern sarcasm. English is not your first language   

yes it does, but it also shows how many factions have this in common with the others, so everyone is a big bad/overall evil or none of them.

Not true. Aside from one person, humanity does not have the ability to bring extreme weather and raise armies of undead. They can take killing to a new level. That is what makes them the big bad. The ability of the others to wreak destruction on the world is unmatched. 

no, i am saying the lord of the riverlands (littlefinger) puts a branch of freys in charge of the twins, that have a little chance of betraying the lord of the riverlands (littlerfinger), of whom they are bannerman, due to them only having their position only because of the lord p. of the vale (littlefinger) and his armies, and the much smaller number of commanders and schemers, which gone down with the other frey factions.

That makes no sense. Walder had no problem betraying his king and imprisoning his liege lord. Betrayal and treachery is in their blood. Also, who cares who littlefinger puts in the twins. A scheming rival family member could still wipe that branch out and take the castle, lands and title. Also, why would there suddenly be less schemers in the family?  

6 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

he the others being the big bad it entirely within the realm of possibility.

i never said its impossible, i said its very unlikely.

I have stated the importance of the written word. you do not think it is important.

i never said its unimportant. you said spoken word would be worthless and i told you both are equal.

I say you missed something. you say what? I tell you to reread what was written. You refuse to do that therefore proving my point of the importance of the written word. I do not have to repeat (or replay) anything as it is all there ready for you to consume but you have to put out effort and not expect people to spoon feed you everything repeatedly until you get it. This is why universities require written essays on a subject 

i reread every post of you and i don't know what you think i missed. thats why i asked, but again just an empty phrase

Since you cannot name it either, I will just claim victory now. I am write. PJ has no base for his theory. 

i named it over and over, do't speak big about me missing something when you doesn't seem to be able to remember a discussion. the post i made was not about PJ it was about the weakbased, but based, jaqem bloodraven theory i gave you as an example for a base that is weak but still a base, although i don't belive in it.

"NO YOU!" is not a proper reply. Please try again.

your behaviour will limit your ability to appreciate TWOW when its out. its still true, no matte what you said before

We were talking about critical thinking. 

yes we were, but critical thinking only works if one can see bases, one doesn't want o see, cause they work against one's exeptions

They don't just speak. pertinent topics are written down so they can be spoken about, point by point.

you can speak about spoken text point by point aswell, especially when its recorded, thats why i hate this forum arrogance

Universities have lectures, and hte basis of those lectures are text books,

not every time tho

I am not sure what "hating them without a single one can be proven wrong" means. Please clarfy

you and others are hating PJ and others because the theories or speculations are far fetched, but still none of his theories can be proven wrong since there wasn't much new material since he started

Not true. Aside from one person, humanity does not have the ability to bring extreme weather and raise armies of undead.

Well thats right, but humans would i they could. raising a dead army and bringing cold weather is just a weapon of the others.

like humans are able to set a country on fire or using warged animals

and well we doesn't even know if they bring the cold intentional or if its just an effect of their body which they can't turn off

for example when the europeans came to america they brought plagues, which killed most of the american natives, without knowing the have this plagues with them because their bodies were immune to them.

They can take killing to a new level. That is what makes them the big bad. The ability of the others to wreak destruction on the world is unmatched. 

but is that enough to blame a whole species as an overall evil while we only know about some who did it.

also the question: are dragons then annother big bad for you?

That makes no sense. Walder had no problem betraying his king and imprisoning his liege lord. Betrayal and treachery is in their blood.

it makes a lot of sense, but agai you don't want to see it.

Also, who cares who littlefinger puts in the twins. A scheming rival family member could still wipe that branch out and take the castle, lands and title. Also, why would there suddenly be less schemers in the family?  

not when the rival family members are dead, or at the wall, or with the silent sisters, or even given into slavery.

Archived