Things you found oddly amusing

JaneSnow

On 27 April 2018 at 6:16 AM, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

"Her own father got this child on her?" Stannis sounded shocked. "We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."

Ha! Never noticed that.

1 hour ago, JaneSnow said:

Also Kraznys having bigger boobs than Daenerys. 

can't have been as Illyrio's 'two sacks of suet', an image I can't forget.

7 hours ago, Lynesse said:

Joffrey being rather inefficient with a crossbow.

yes 'waging war on potted hares and the hares are winning' or something like that.

"Swear it here, then. The times are uncertain. I have need of knights. You lookas though you have a healthy appetite, Ser Duncan. How many chickens can you eat? At Coldmoat you would have your fill of warm pink meat and sweet fruit tarts. Your squire looks in need of sustenance as well. He is so scrawny that all his hair has fallen out. We'll have him share a cell with other boys of hisown age. He'll like that. My master-at-arms can train him in all the arts of war."

Not funny by itself but since I watched the show...:rofl:

Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie

What if the wolves come?  Yield 

As mentioned, the look Arya notices on Gendry's face when he's trying to think.  It seems some of Arya's offhand observations can be funny.  So can Stannis's.  I especially enjoy Jon and Stannis convos, and as mentioned, Jaime's observations and thoughts are funny.  I love his ability to self edit and not say what comes to his mind, I think it makes it even funnier.  (minus the moving, but hilarious, convo with Cat thanks to all that alcohol)

Also, during rereads, I will find humor in things that I didn't on the first go round.  One of the funniest scenes to me now is reading Ned during the Hand's Tourney, and his dislike for Jaime and even The Hound, as he wishes both of them could lose, I think.  I chuckle at that every reread, because I love them all..........Ned, Jaime, and Sandor, but I cannot begrudge Ned his feelings, so I laugh. 

6 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

The proposal Jorah Mormont gave Dany after Drogo died about how they should run away and spend the rest of their lives together. You can tell he put so much thought into it, then Dany declines and walks into the flames instead of taking him up on his offer.

Jorah being rejected in general is funny. 

It took me a few re-reads before I noticed this one. In Clash of Kings, Bran hosts the Harvest Feast at Winterfell:

Leobald Tallhart had his turn the following day. He spoke of weather portents and the slack wits of smallfolk, and told how his nephew itched for battle. "Benfred has raised his own company of lances.Boys, none of them older than 19 years, but every one thinks he's another young wolf. When I told them they were only young rabbits, they laughed at me. Now, they call themselves the Young Hares and gallop about the country with rabbitskins tied to the ends of their lances, singing songs of chivalry."

Bran thought that sounded grand.

Fast forward to where Theon and his men take Torrhen's Square:

[Theon] kicked at Benfred's fallen banner, clutched in the dead hand of the squire who had borne it. A rabbitskin had been tied below the flag. Why rabbitskins? he had meant to ask, but being spat on had made him forget his questions.  He tossed his bow back to Wex and strode off, remembering how elated he'd felt after the Whispering Wood, and wondering why this did not taste as sweet. Tallhart, you bloody overproud fool, you never even sent out a scout.

They'd been joking and even singing as they'd come on, the three trees of Tallhart streaming above them while rabbitskins flapped stupidly from the points of their lances. The archers concealed behind the gorse had spoiled the song with a rain of arrows, and Theon himself had led his men-at-arms out to finish the butchers work with dagger, axe and warhammer.

While the Wild Hares are playing at war, the real deal catches up with them.

When Tywin is showing Tyrion the sword he had made for Joffrey as a wedding present and Tyrion comments that the sword is too big for Joffrey and Tywin says that Joff will eventually grow into it. Little does he know

Also kinda bad that I found this funny but when Edmure tries to shoot the arrow at his father's funeral and he keeps missing.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:40 AM, Arnizipal said:

When Jon is sent out to the command tent of the wilding army, he thinks Tormund is the King Beyond the Wall.
Eventally Tormund is dismissed by Mance Rayder and leaves the tent:

It's a funny image: Tormund looking all indignant about being sent out, but still saying "har" before leaving :D

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Also: good one. :)

On 26 avril 2018 at 2:39 AM, JaneSnow said:

What book was this?

In AFFC, when Cersei insists Jaime attends Tommen's wedding night. I just have this image of Jaime alternating between looking stoic and irritated while the Tyrell cousins have pillow fights and play the Westeros version of truth or dare (the dares might include super-old but hot uncle Jaime).

In ADWD, when the ship that Tyrion, Jorah, and Penny are on is windlocked and Tyrion and Penny have a mock joust to cheer everyone up and Tyrion falls hard- (not the exact text)

Tyrion: "I almost bit my tongue off"

Jorah: "Bite harder next time. Truth be told, I've seen worst jousters."

"What could be worse than that?"

"Falling off you're horse, getting a splinter in your eye, and dying."  

The Hound to Arya, the last line of Storm of Swords; Arya 9:

Keep your mouth shut and do as I tell you, and maybe we'll even be in time for your uncle's bloody wedding.

Thank goodness they were late!

Archived