Things you found oddly amusing

JaneSnow

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it is already metioned and it doesn't really happen on page but when it was mentioned that Walder Frey paid a dowry according to the weight of his girl to Roose Bolton I just imagine a large room in the twins somewhere with a giant scale with fat Walde on one side and someone else pooring silver on the other side and Roose just standing there stoic, nodding, and this thought makes me chuckle

Alyane/Sansa describing one of the guys in ASOS as having a "multiplicity of chins." And Catelyn's description of Walder Frey, especially the part of how his mouth was opening and closing like a babe suckling on air and me cracking up. The descriptions in the book absolutely kill me sometimes.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Well it is heavily implied he raped his other younger brothers so I wouldn't put it past him.

I must have missed that. When is that mentioned? :( 

4 hours ago, Yukle said:

I must have missed that. When is that mentioned? :( 

It’s in the Aeron chapters. Stuff about the cream of a rusty hinge and Aeron’s other brother (I forget the name). There are also a few more hints in the sample chapter from Winds

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s in the Aeron chapters. Stuff about the cream of a rusty hinge and Aeron’s other brother (I forget the name). There are also a few more hints in the sample chapter from Winds

Oh, there you go. Shows how intently I read those parts. I find it reeeaaaally hard to concentrate during his chapters.

At some point I am pretty sure Val makes a comment about how Selyse's beard is bigger than her bush and that got a few chuckles out of me.

King Robert's reaction when Stannis wanted to outlaw brothels - (paraphrasing) "Should we outlaw breathing and shitting too?"  Gets me every time.

Robb getting annoyed at Joffrey being indifferent and refusing to fight with wooden swords in the very beginning of AGOT.  One of Joffrey's few great moments.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:02 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Robb getting annoyed at Joffrey being indifferent and refusing to fight with wooden swords in the very beginning of AGOT.  One of Joffrey's few great moments.

He really did get the better of Robb there. Robb's pride was so hurt and Joff walked off and left him steaming. Definitely one of the few times Joffrey looked cool.

22 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

[Joffrey] ally did get the better of Robb there. Robb's pride was so hurt and Joff walked off and left him steaming. Definitely one of the few times Joffrey looked cool.

Actually, I thought it was the Hound who looked cool, with his comments on live steel. And old Ser Rod was convinced enough that he brought out the actual tourney swords the next day. Joff just looked like a little wanker, in my opinion.

Speaking of the hound, it was kind of funny how in ASOS when he's with Arya and he tells her how to kill a man and shows her where the heart is and she thinks to her self, well that's one way. If only Sandor knew all the crazy shit Arya had already done. 

Arya and Elmar interacting without either recognizing the other as their intended.

My princess," he sobbed. "We've been dishonored, Aenys says. There was a bird from the Twins. My lord father says I'll need to marry someone else, or be a septon."
A stupid princess, she thought, that's nothing to cry over. "My brothers might be dead," she confided.
Elmar gave her a scornful look. "No one cares about a serving girl's brothers."
It was hard not to hit him when he said that. "I hope your princess dies," she said, and ran off before he could grab her.

ACoK

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Lynesse said:

Jaime describing his cousin Cleos Frey: "He looked like a weasel, fought like a goose, and had the courage of an especially brave ewe."

LOL  I love Jaime.  Thanks for reminding me of that one. 

Archived