Is it allowed for women from Asshai to become shadowbinder?

12 minutes ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

As it is well known that Quaithe and Melisandre are secret Targaryens one could argue that shadowbinding is job only allowed to men in Asshai. Any thoughts?

It isn't well known that these two are Targs. It just theory.

6 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

We don't know if Melisandre and Quaithe are Targaryens. That is pure fan speculation.

And what makes you think that shadowbinding is only allowed to men? No craft is not allowed in Asshai, so I'm not sure where you got that impression.

I agree with this. I think Melisandre and Quaithe are both shadow binders that are trained to help the dragon people Danaerys and Jon, and that these Melisandre and Quaithe are both who they say they are. 

There is no reason to think this. Mellisandre practices shadow binding; Stannis shadow is used to kill Renly & Ser Cortnay Penrose. Quaithe is a woman and she is introduced to us as a Shadow Binder. MMD has trained in the art of shadow binding too. Non of these characters are male. 

Also the idea that Mel is a Targ is a theory and not one everyone agrees upon. Nor is the theory that Quaithe is one. 

There are so few people in Asshai, I doubt there are any rules. The people of Asshai seem to be mainly outsiders coming there to attain some power, seek some knowledge, or have some spiritual experience. So there probably isn't anyone around telling you that you can or can't be a Shadowbinder.

19 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

As it is well known that Quaithe and Melisandre are secret Targaryens

It is known...

48 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I guess I haven't been paying too much attention to the crackpot of late. 

Thank God someone else said it! I had no idea this was even a theory, let alone that it was assumed that everyone agreed with it. 

1 hour ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

It is known...

Thank God someone else said it! I had no idea this was even a theory, let alone that it was assumed that everyone agreed with it. 

Me either.....does anyone have a link to this topic?  It sounds completely absurd, but if "it is well known", then surely there is at least some text-based evidence.......right???.....Right?............

Well, the OP question doesn't really make any sense, so I don't really have high hopes...

22 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

As it is well known that Quaithe and Melisandre are secret Targaryens one could argue that shadowbinding is job only allowed to men in Asshai. Any thoughts?

If one did, then one would be expected to provide any quotes to support that. Does one think that is likely to happen?

2 hours ago, Wolf of the Steppes said:

Me either.....does anyone have a link to this topic?  It sounds completely absurd, but if "it is well known", then surely there is at least some text-based evidence.......right???.....Right?......

Of course. This is the last place I would expect someone to advance a conjecture based theory with no evidence 

Archived