Avengers: Infinity War - SPOILERS THREAD

Jeor

20 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

So........   is Thanos what we've got now, ongoing?  (i.e. he maybe loses the gauntlet but survives, limps away, takes a movie or two off so there can be some variety where other people get to shine, but then we see him come back with some new scheme that makes him relevant to the heroes again, the same way we were gifted with Loki for a while in order for Marvel to get their money's worth out of the villain.  Or is Thanos so unloved that he wouldn't work out in that kind of hangin' around for the long haul way, and he just needs a quick definitive end?    I favor keeping him around for the sake of eventual matchups when we do gain access to more of the celestial characters.   

I think if the next phase gets access to currently Fox owned characters, and in keeping consistent with how the character was done here, Thanos could be brought on to fight with the good guys and/or somewhat on his own against other cosmic characters, like Galactus. 

6 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

So, why didn't Tony make more of those nano-suits, for every (potential) Avenger? Those suits would turn literally everyone into an actual superhero.

cost/too much energy. Plus the other films sort of addressed why he doesn't like other people having the armour.

But mainly because it would be a bit dull if everyone had nano-suits.

Although Disney would probably like the Toy range.

12 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yep there was a bed side scene, I believe not long before she dies. Don't specifically remember the details but I think a family was mentioned.

Yes, in this interview.

However, the point I was making is that if that's Captain America's fate, it was always his fate, and so when Peggy was talking about this, she was talking about Captain America being her husband and she lied about his identity. We never know anything more about Peggy's husband than what she related in that fictional interview, so why not? Although maybe a bit too cute, I think it's a more creative and fitting way of getting rid of him than either killing him or just "retiring" him.

34 minutes ago, red snow said:

cost/too much energy. Plus the other films sort of addressed why he doesn't like other people having the armour.

But mainly because it would be a bit dull if everyone had nano-suits.

Although Disney would probably like the Toy range.

I didn't mean full Iron Man armor, but something more similar to new Spider Man suit. Protection/durability + some new useful tricks. Increased protection alone would turn Scarlet Witch into a powerhouse on pair with Thor from the end of the movie.

And "cost/too much energy"?! <_<

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Yes, in this interview.

However, the point I was making is that if that's Captain America's fate, it was always his fate, and so when Peggy was talking about this, she was talking about Captain America being her husband and she lied about his identity. We never know anything more about Peggy's husband than what she related in that fictional interview, so why not? Although maybe a bit too cute, I think it's a more creative and fitting way of getting rid of him than either killing him or just "retiring" him.

It’s a good notion but it would have to really go some to be plausible.  He’s one of the most famous men on the planet so it would have to be a really good disguise or a really big conspiracy from those in the know.  And talking about conspiracy, Steve would have to ignore  the the whole Hydra within Shield thing, which seems a big ask.

1 hour ago, Gronzag said:

I didn't mean full Iron Man armor, but something more similar to new Spider Man suit. Protection/durability + some new useful tricks. Increased protection alone would turn Scarlet Witch into a powerhouse on pair with Thor from the end of the movie.

And "cost/too much energy"?! <_<

within the film the excuse is probably it would cost too much to kit out everyone with their own special suit. That or it simply drains too much energy to have all these power suits around.

But mainly because

8 minutes ago, mormont said:

Because everyone having powered suits is boring.

For me they tread a very fine line with Spidey's suit and I think it was only because he lost the suit for the final third of the Homecoming film that they got away with it. Otherwise it was bordering on being Iron-boy as it was the suit not his spider-abilities that were dominating. If they did that across the cast it would be a bit dull.

A bit like "why doesn't everyone in Wakanda have Black Panther armour"

Although I think we could pretend that Cap, Widow, falcon, Witch etc are all wearing some kind of lightweight super armour based on how often they are hit/smashed into walls/blasted and don't have utterly shattered bodies.

I'm just dust in the wind... 

I feel like a really sad part of a Highlander TV show when the Queen song kicks in.  All we are is dust in the wind... (You know... if there had ever  been any sort of sequel to Highlander. Which of course there wasn't, because how could you?  There can be only one.)

What? You want to live forever? When LOVE MUST DIE???

There's no chance for us... All is decided for us. This world only had one sweet moment set aside for us.

Then, Snap!

2 hours ago, red snow said:

within the film the excuse is probably it would cost too much to kit out everyone with their own special suit. That or it simply drains too much energy to have all these power suits around.

But mainly because

For me they tread a very fine line with Spidey's suit and I think it was only because he lost the suit for the final third of the Homecoming film that they got away with it. Otherwise it was bordering on being Iron-boy as it was the suit not his spider-abilities that were dominating. If they did that across the cast it would be a bit dull.

A bit like "why doesn't everyone in Wakanda have Black Panther armour"

Although I think we could pretend that Cap, Widow, falcon, Witch etc are all wearing some kind of lightweight super armour based on how often they are hit/smashed into walls/blasted and don't have utterly shattered bodies.

Yeah the Spidey suit was a little too much in Infinity War. Might as well let him fly while they're at it. It definitely feels like we're trending away from authentic Spiderman to.... well, Iron Boy sounds exactly right. 

Also I didn't see the need for Tony to have a nanosuit at all. They had enough things to juggle. 

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Did Corvus Glaive die? I know he can't die as long as he holds his glaive. When Vision stabbed him with his own weapon, I wasn't sure if that counts towards him being safe, or if he is dead.

He can't die as long as his Glaive is intact. So if he has his comic book powers he will regenerate, but I doubt he does have his powers and all the Black Order are now dead.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah the Spidey suit was a little too much in Infinity War. Might as well let him fly while they're at it. It definitely feels like we're trending away from authentic Spiderman to.... well, Iron Boy sounds exactly right. 

Also I didn't see the need for Tony to have a nanosuit at all. They had enough things to juggle. 

Iron Spider. It's from the comics.

22 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Iron Spider. It's from the comics.

As soon as I posted that I thought "there's probably some Batman Beyond version of him out there." First appearance is 2006 which is after my time. Call me a grumpy old man but I'm still not a fan of the concept. I just don't see it as necessary for the movies given the number of storylines Spiderman has, his rogues gallery, and juggling his personal life. I can see why the comics have to invent something new due to the sheer volume of storylines they go through. The movies haven't burned through that much. And this movie already had a ton of things going on. The only thing they needed to do with Peter was emphasize he's a kid and has the father / son relationship with Tony and only to make his death that much more tragic.

I don't know if this was brought up already, but I did literally whisper to my brother during the Wakanda battle "what about an Air Force?"  I know they had that protective Simpsons-movie-esque dome, but in terms of the logic?  C'mon.  Like, if there was actually that much of a threat, all those little shitters would be bombed to fuck once hitting the ground.  I don't know how you fix that, or if you can, but just throwing that out there if anyone wants to try to explain it.

Archived