Avengers: Infinity War - SPOILERS THREAD

Jeor

2 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

I also wonder if any of the Avengers will join the Guardians at the end of this phase (or even vice verser). 

I can see Thor joining that crew. At least on occasion. He's a king without a kingdom and his character messes well with them tonally.

6 hours ago, Jeor said:

Korg as well if half the Asgardian ship's occupants escaped.

Interestingly he was asked a follow up about Korg and replied "You'll have to wait to see." Since I don't think they'll kill him off I assume that means they have more immediate plans for him. He could show up in A4, maybe cracking the Guardian's windshield in a post-credit sequence. 

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

I don't think Valkyrie is in Infinity War II either (the actress said she hasn't done any filming at all, I believe, but they could do some pick-ups with her I guess).

Yeah, they are doing their usual scheduled re-shoots this fall. It'll be interesting to see whose on set when the pictures start to come out. 

2 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

I also wonder if any of the Avengers will join the Guardians at the end of this phase (or even vice verser). 

Thor's really the only one who would fit, no? If it didn't seem like they wanted Thor 4 this would seem more likely. I could see him flying off with them at the end of A4 to look for the survivors of his people. But then on the other hand now he can just bifrost his way around so who needs a ride...

I don't see why Adam Warlock can't appear.  Just because he hasn't been born yet?   Pshaw.   He's a wizard of the cosmos.  Just have his adult self time travel back to now to help forge a better future than the Thanos universe he'd have grown up in.  

And right about here is when I remember to feel miffed about the Novacorps getting defeated off screen.    Too expensive, errrr, "redundant" to include in the movie.   Now poor Nova will need to be born in a flashback sequence, which usually leads to self esteem issues when your story isn't important enough to be told in the present.     

1 minute ago, The Mother of The Others said:

I don't see why Adam Warlock can't appear.  Just because he hasn't been born yet?   Pshaw.   He's a wizard of the cosmos.  Just have his adult self time travel back to now to help forge a better future than the Thanos universe he'd have grown up in.  

And right about here is when I remember to feel miffed about the Novacorps getting defeated off screen.    Too expensive, errrr, "redundant" to include in the movie.   Now poor Nova will need to be born in a flashback sequence, which usually leads to self esteem issues when your story isn't important enough to be told in the present.     

Actually considering Guardians II was set like five years before this one, who's to say Warlock hasn't popped out of his cacoon by now? But I can't see him showing up to save the day. That'll be Captain Marvel's job.

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Thor's really the only one who would fit, no? If it didn't seem like they wanted Thor 4 this would seem more likely. I could see him flying off with them at the end of A4 to look for the survivors of his people. But then on the other hand now he can just bifrost his way around so who needs a ride...

I hope Thor will rebuild Asgard and find what's left of his people - but I hope he doesn't lose touch with the Guardians.

I can see the Hulk (but maybe not Bruce) joining the Guardians - he and Drax might get on well.

If Wanda and Mantis had not both been dusted I would have liked them to meet to compare mind/emotion control powers too.

Most of the Avengers have ties to Earth, so it would be someone who had had enough and wanted to get away.

After seeing the film for the third time, I realise how much I want to see Tony and Pepper's wedding - that would work as an ending for me.

1 minute ago, Mosi Mynn said:

After seeing the film for the third time, I realise how much I want to see Tony and Pepper's wedding - that would work as an ending for me.

I want Captain America's funeral in Arlington National Cemetery. They should be able to pull that off a thousand times better than the death of Superman.

6 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

I'm almost certain, given their conversation in this film, that what will happen is that Tony dies followed by Pepper realising she is pregnant after all.

10 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I want Captain America's funeral in Arlington National Cemetery. They should be able to pull that off a thousand times better than the death of Superman.

Oh God - I'm just going to be a wreck after Part 2 :crying:

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'm almost certain, given their conversation in this film, that what will happen is that Tony dies followed by Pepper realising she is pregnant after all.

Of course that's what's going to happen.  :bawl:

17 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I can't open this, but is it about Groot's last words to Rocket? If so, then that would put Groot's demise on par with Spidey's.

34 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I can't open this, but is it about Groot's last words to Rocket? If so, then that would put Groot's demise on par with Spidey's.

Yup. :( I guess the link was bad I fixed it. 

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Is Infinity War taking place 2 years after Civil War? Some of the dialogue in the movie implied as much, but if that's the case, then Ragnarok didn't take place at the same time as Civil War.

Hulk went missing right after Age of Ultron, which takes place in 2015, and was gone for two years, taking us to 2017, when Thor: Ragnarok took place. Thor: Ragnarok might actually take place, or at least end, in early 2018, as it ends seconds before Infinity War starts and Infinity War takes place in 2018 (as year "six years after the Battle of New York").

The MCU timeline I believe is as follows:

1940-45: Captain America: The First Avenger

1945-47: Agent Carter

c. 1995: Captain Marvel

2005-11: The Incredible Hulk

2010: Iron Man

2011: Iron Man 2, Thor.

2012: The AvengersIron Man 3.

2013-present: Agents of SHIELD

2013: Thor: The Dark World

2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

2015: The Avengers: Age of UltronAnt-Man (Daredevil S1+2, Jessica Jones S1, Luke Cage S1)

2016: Captain America: Civil WarBlack PantherSpider-Man: Homecoming* (Iron Fist S1, presumably)

2016-17: Doctor Strange

2017: (The Defenders S1, The Punisher S1, possibly Jessica Jones S2 and Luke Cage S2 as well)

2017-18: Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp

2018: The Avengers: Infinity War

Unknown: The Avengers: Infinity War II, MCU Spider-Man IIGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3Black Panther 2.

* The "eight years later" stuff in Homecoming was apparently a mistake, so the film reverts to Visions's statement Civil War that Stark has been Iron Man for eight years = 2016. Of course, Marvel amended the timeline just after that to say that Tony Stark became Iron Man in 2010 which makes that statement erroneous. Marvel should have thought about this a bit more.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Is Infinity War taking place 2 years after Civil War? Some of the dialogue in the movie implied as much, but if that's the case, then Ragnarok didn't take place at the same time as Civil War.

Civil war is 1 year after Age of Ultron, and Ragnarok is 2 years after Ultron (Thor tells the skeleton he spebt a couple of years hunting infinity stones i think).

basically: 

Iron Man late 2010

Hulk/Iron Man 2/ Thor 2 all end in the same week (Fury's Big week) - mid 2011 (6months after end of Iron Man)

Avengers (mid 2012 a approx a year after the big week)

Iron Man 3 : december 2012 (the key to the timeline as it starts off drcember 1999)

Thor Dark World: 2013 (mention of approx 2 years since Jane last saw Thor)

Captain America (est spring 2014)

guardians 1 and 2: 2014 (stated in films)

Age of Ultron: spring 2015

Antman (2015 - same year)

Civil War (spring-mid 2016) followed shortly after by Black Panther

Spiderman: Autumn 2016

Dr Strange (ends late 2016 or early 2017)

Thor Ragnirak (late 2017 - spring 2018)

Infinity wars (2018)

15 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Hulk went missing right after Age of Ultron, which takes place in 2015, and was gone for two years, taking us to 2017, when Thor: Ragnarok took place. Thor: Ragnarok might actually take place, or at least end, in early 2018, as it ends seconds before Infinity War starts and Infinity War takes place in 2018 (as year "six years after the Battle of New York").

The MCU timeline I believe is as follows:

1940-45: Captain America: The First Avenger

1945-47: Agent Carter

c. 1995: Captain Marvel

2005-11: The Incredible Hulk

2010: Iron Man

2011: Iron Man 2, Thor.

2012: The AvengersIron Man 3.

2013-present: Agents of SHIELD

2013: Thor: The Dark World

2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

2015: The Avengers: Age of UltronAnt-Man (Daredevil S1+2, Jessica Jones S1, Luke Cage S1)

2016: Captain America: Civil WarBlack PantherSpider-Man: Homecoming* (Iron Fist S1, presumably)

2016-17: Doctor Strange

2017: (The Defenders S1, The Punisher S1, possibly Jessica Jones S2 and Luke Cage S2 as well)

2017-18: Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp

2018: The Avengers: Infinity War

Unknown: The Avengers: Infinity War II, MCU Spider-Man IIGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3Black Panther 2.

* The "eight years later" stuff in Homecoming was apparently a mistake, so the film reverts to Visions's statement Civil War that Stark has been Iron Man for eight years = 2016. Of course, Marvel amended the timeline just after that to say that Tony Stark became Iron Man in 2010 which makes that statement erroneous. Marvel should have thought about this a bit more.

So in relation to Civil War, Thor was really on his quest to stop Ragnarok in that period. (and rooming with Daryl in Australia :P)

On Dr. Strange not being able to use his magic powers to defeat Thanos (or even his minions) I just chalk it up to be him still being a relatively new magician. It's been what, two years since he even found out about magic? Despite him claiming to be a "master" the guy's still a noobie.

3 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Where is it said that Iron Man happened in 2010? I thought it happened in 2008.

I thought the same.  I thought early on in the timeline, we were to assume that the movies were set in the same year they were released.

Archived