NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why should we need help at DB? Newman is an old man and we have three first round picks and a guy who should have been drafted in the first round at DB. Now we have another first rounder. At some point you need to make it work with what you have. The DBs have one bad game at the end of the year and people think the secondary is broken. That wasn’t the problem though. It was that Foles had all day to throw the ball. I’d rather look for another pass rusher than another DB. Our front four is elite, but there’s no depth.

We’ve been stockpiling late picks for ages. It’s because we trade back a lot. However, they don’t materialize into anything.

Yeah, I thought Newman wouldn't be back so drafting Hughes made sense because of that.  But then I read that they think Newman will be back.  Then it doesn't make as much sense to me...but maybe the deciding factor really was the return game help?  And maybe because they "hope" they can get yet more out of Methuselah Newman (let's see how hyperbolic we can get about his age!) but they're not sure?  I don't know... 

That NFC title game was a real heartbreaker in our house - even for me!  It was like, by the time the Vikes knew what hit them, it was already over.  And I think there had to be at least some emotional comedown after that miracle New Orleans finish.   

And, yes, trading back sometimes may be a good idea but, in the name of all that's holy, trade back up, too!  I really, really love that the rookie salary cap has allowed so much more wheelin' and dealin' in the draft.  It's great that, if teams see a player still available they really want, they feel like they can deal up to get him.  

Finally, I was just looking at the 2nd round draft order.  Did I see that right?  The Browns have three picks tonight, too?!  Two right in the beginning and one at the very end?!! :stunned:

Re: Niners pick, it feels more like a philosophical statement than best off our board move. I don’t love (or even like) the pick, but I can get behind the philosophy. 

I’d be a bit meh on the day if I were a Browns fan. This really should have been their day, kinda feels like they schlubbed it.

Geez, you go to watch the Avengers and you come home to find out that your team's Hall of Fame TE may be retiring to go into broadcasting. If the Cowboys were going to make a trade for Earl Thomas, I think this news kills that. They now have some spots to fill. 

A day later I still can not believe Chub dropped to the Broncos.  

But i am even more shocked the Bills moved up to grab a Quarterback from Wyoming.  I have watched him live once and he passed the eye test...against Mountain West talent.  Then i look at his stats and laugh at the Bills.  Falling in love with a body type.

5 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

But i am even more shocked the Bills moved up to grab a Quarterback from Wyoming.  I have watched him live once and he passed the eye test...against Mountain West talent.  Then i look at his stats and laugh at the Bills.  Falling in love with a body type.

What better place for a horribly inaccurate QB than a city where it never stops snowing and the wind is never less than 30MPH? 

15 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I think it was the mental aspects that they fell in love with.

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Finally, I was just looking at the 2nd round draft order.  Did I see that right?  The Browns have three picks tonight, too?!  Two right in the beginning and one at the very end?!! :stunned:

Yeah, that's why I was saying they could grab Chubb and Barkley and then trade back up into the first to grab Jackson. He was there at say 20, I think you could offer all three second round picks to get him.

32 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Hey, but he did get an All-Confrence honorable mention! Lol, he wasn't even All-Conference. His game tape is so weird. I watched him make some of the best throws I've ever seen in my life. I also watched him throw the ball 10 feet over a guy's head who was like 10 yards away from him.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

Geez, you go to watch the Avengers and you come home to find out that your team's Hall of Fame TE may be retiring to go into broadcasting. If the Cowboys were going to make a trade for Earl Thomas, I think this news kills that. They now have some spots to fill. 

I saw a hilarious stat today:

Between 2004 and 2017, Jason Witten averaged 80 catches per season. The Miami Dolphins have been an NFL team for 53 years and have yet to have a TE catch 80 passes in a season.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I saw a hilarious stat today:

Between 2004 and 2017, Jason Witten averaged 80 catches per season. The Miami Dolphins have been an NFL team for 53 years and have yet to have a TE catch 80 passes in a season.

That Peyton Manning coach is going to get the most out of Julius Thomas, you just watch!

Just now, Nictarion said:

They’ll probably take Mason Rudolph. 

Denver or Cinci might grab him first. I don't think he'll last too long today. I hope the Vikings find a project with our 5th pick. I'm guessing we'll take two linemen today.

Daniel Jerimiah on the pending 2nd round:

"I'm pretty interested in what Indy does. Especially at WR, 'cause I look at that and they have T.Y. Hilton, and hope"

The last word was uttered with a kind of horrific awe.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Denver or Cinci might grab him first. I don't think he'll last too long today. I hope the Vikings find a project with our 5th pick. I'm guessing we'll take two linemen today.

I'd love the Bengals to take Rudolph but I doubt they do.

I'm so over this Autism Speaks motherfucker Chris Ballard.

I got a grand total of five minutes coverage of my favorite team between 3 picks in the top 40 because he wants to show how all business he is.

Am I the only one who thinks Chris Mortenson needs to be put out to pasture? Even now it would be three years too late. At least Ditka realized how bad he was and stepped away.

Speaking of knowing when to step away, Jason Witten. If it's true and he is retiring it is due. Watching him run the last season or two and take some hard hit was unbearable.

Archived