NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

While I didn't mention it because it's old news, her recanting includes an explanation for her injuries - the day before she claims she got into a 15 minute altercation with another woman (road rage), and there's a brief video allegedly of the incident.  In her current account, this is what caused Foster to break up with her the next day, which then spurred her actions/false accusation.

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is the double edged sword of the NFL trying to play the role of law and order. These athletes are meal tickets, and them losing their jobs means the money flow ends, thus incentivizing their spouses to either not report incidents of domestic violence and/or recanting their statements for a private settlement or just to keep the money coming. Who knows if Foster is innocent or not. The woman had a ruptured eardrum. But if she’s recanting, Foster has to be free to play.

Let's hope the police do their jobs and get to the bottom of it (or the NFL gets to the bottom of it.) This woman should be charged with a serious felony and put in prison if she lied. The punishments for false accusations have to be strong enough that they never make sense, otherwise it will become impossible to ever prosecute domestic violence or sexual assault. Foster should do time and never play another down in the NFL if he did what was alleged. My best guess is that he did do what was alleged and the woman realized that she was better off taking a settlement and recanting than just derailing his football career. But either way, one of these two individuals committed a serious crime, and it's really important that the guilty party is punished for it.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

While I didn't mention it because it's old news, her recanting includes an explanation for her injuries - the day before she claims she got into a 15 minute altercation with another woman (road rage), and there's a brief video allegedly of the incident.  In her current account, this is what caused Foster to break up with her the next day, which then spurred her actions/false accusation.

I recall hearing something about that, but paid it no mind. Now this 15 minute kerfuffle, was in a long conversation that ended with a fracas, or was it a full blown 15 minute slobber knocker? Cause if it’s the latter, I really want to see the tape, because fights just don’t last that long.

48 minutes ago, sperry said:

Let's hope the police do their jobs and get to the bottom of it (or the NFL gets to the bottom of it.) This woman should be charged with a serious felony and put in prison if she lied. The punishments for false accusations have to be strong enough that they never make sense, otherwise it will become impossible to ever prosecute domestic violence or sexual assault. Foster should do time and never play another down in the NFL if he did what was alleged. My best guess is that he did do what was alleged and the woman realized that she was better off taking a settlement and recanting than just derailing his football career. But either way, one of these two individuals committed a serious crime, and it's really important that the guilty party is punished for it.

I agree, and I suspect it played out like that too. You’re the lawyer here, what are the laws on the books when it comes to false reports? I know it differs from state to state, but in general are they pretty tough? Because my understanding is that false reports are pretty rare and actual instances of domestic violence are heavily under reported.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Cause if it’s the latter, I really want to see the tape, because fights just don’t last that long.

Yeah that sounds suspect to me as well.  Apparently the video that hit social media is only 22 seconds.

1 minute ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

The only fight I've ever seen last 15 minutes was in an octagon with breaks every 5.

And that's with people who are in excellent shape, and are well aware of the need to save energy.  In my martial arts experience, sparring aggressively for more than two minutes in a row is really, really hard.  Your body starts to realize that shutdown is imminent, and you get increasingly desperate to finish whatever you are doing. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

And that's with people who are in excellent shape, and are well aware of the need to save energy.  In my martial arts experience, sparring aggressively for more than two minutes in a row is really, really hard.  Your body starts to realize that shutdown is imminent, and you get increasingly desperate to finish whatever you are doing. 

Yeah, it's absurd to the extreme. Bitch should be thrown in jail for lying. Doesn't matter when she did it. Either she tried to ruin the dude's career (doubt it) or she's a whore whose list of acceptable activities includes getting the shit beat out of her and being a national disgrace.

54 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Yeah, it's absurd to the extreme. Bitch should be thrown in jail for lying. Doesn't matter when she did it. Either she tried to ruin the dude's career (doubt it) or she's a whore whose list of acceptable activities includes getting the shit beat out of her and being a national disgrace.

Jesus Christ, Jace. You kiss Peyton Manning's forehead with that mouth?

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/17/17364790/paul-alexander-ketchup-bottle-heinz-dallas-cowboys-offensive-line-bengals

Good luck Dallas... 

I’m so glad he’s not coaching on my team anymore. 

Yeah I read that article yesterday. Strange, but I understand the logic behind what he is saying. Is the guy smart enough to find the best way to do something or will he just keep trying brute force and failing.

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I read that article yesterday. Strange, but I understand the logic behind what he is saying. Is the guy smart enough to find the best way to do something or will he just keep trying brute force and failing.

I always get the knife out there and reach up in the ketchup bottle.

So, in case there were any lingering shred of ‘football reasons’ apologists about Kaepernick being black-balled, Mike Florio from PFT is reporting that internal franchise documents (about free agency) reveal that not only do NFL teams see him as being an NFL caliber QB, but that multiple teams view him as an above-average starting quarterback with still more room to develop, and continue to grade him that way now.

It seems the only real challenge for his legal team now is to prove that organizations overtly cooperated in keeping him unemployed. 

23 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, in case there were any lingering shred of ‘football reasons’ apologists about Kaepernick being black-balled, Mike Florio from PFT is reporting that internal franchise documents (about free agency) reveal that not only do NFL teams see him as being an NFL caliber QB, but that multiple teams view him as an above-average starting quarterback with still more room to develop, and continue to grade him that way now.

It seems the only real challenge for his legal team now is to prove that organizations overtly cooperated in keeping him unemployed. 

31 Old White Men and Jed York acted independently as a bunch of old white men.  Doesn’t necessarily mean that they had to work together to do it.

The truly hard part is proving it. I mean each owner / coach could very easily decide on their own that he is not worth the headaches that could follow him. The starting QB is the face of your entire franchise and lets face it, this is a business and they are about appearances and money, not doing what is right morally. 

Truthfully at this point he is a mediocre starting QB at best. It would be interesting had this been a top 5 QB who just happened to be a FA a year after protesting like he did. Methinks an owner may have a revelation and see the light under those circumstances. Which is why it's so important for people like Lebron James to lead on issues like this in the NBA. He has the clout and respect to be heard. The NBA got ahead of most it and yes missed on some issues but came out looking pretty good, the NFL, still not so much. 

Archived